Author Topic: Ghost 'The One' Draw motion...?  (Read 3131 times)

Offline MoRivera

Ghost 'The One' Draw motion...?
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:21:50 PM »
Hello All,

Looking for some advice on a a Ghost 'The One' holster.  Using it with my new TS 'Blue', which seems to have the same trigger guard as the SP-01, so I got a Ghost for the SP-01.  With this holster, it does not seem to allow a straight up (parallel with barrel) draw.  I have to pull up a little (to clear the muzzle holding cone up front) and then rotate the gun back and out to release.  I see some videos of folks being able to release straight out, parallel with the barrel.  Mine hangs up when I do that, and I have to 'rock' the pistol out.  So I have to leave the little barrel-holding cone at front pretty much out of the barrel to give room to rotate and clear it, so it's basically serving little to no purpose.

Is my holster messed up?  If this is the way it's supposed to work, then I can't use it because I get hung up every time.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:26:42 PM by MoRivera »

Offline IronicTwitch

Re: Ghost 'The One' Draw motion...?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:45:37 PM »
I think the TS blue had the original TS frame which is a thicker trigger guard.  I had the same too tight fit with my stock TS too in the Ghost with the SP-01 block.  The good news is you can remove some material from the holster block to fit perfectly.  I don't remember if I ever found a TS specific block, but maybe the czechmate block would have worked.  I never figured it out. I got a TSO with the skinnier trigger guard and it fit loose in the Ghost.

Not sure who else runs the Ghost and a TS... But from what I've seen not a lot, most run a kydex holster if they don't have the thumbrest.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »
I think the TS blue had the original TS frame which is a thicker trigger guard.  I had the same too tight fit with my stock TS too in the Ghost with the SP-01 block.  The good news is you can remove some material from the holster block to fit perfectly.  I don't remember if I ever found a TS specific block, but maybe the czechmate block would have worked.  I never figured it out. I got a TSO with the skinnier trigger guard and it fit loose in the Ghost.

Not sure who else runs the Ghost and a TS... But from what I've seen not a lot, most run a kydex holster if they don't have the thumbrest.
That makes sense, I was wondering if my trigger guard is too thick.  I also have a Blade Tech Pro-Series Speed holster incoming that will hopefully fit the dustcover.  I'm wondering if I can return this to Ghost.

Edit: after doing a little reading, apparently I can file down the insides to widen it a bit.  I guess the same that people do for a Czechmate.  Not sure about that, wish there was just a holster for it straight away.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:48:26 AM by MoRivera »

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 12:04:07 AM »
You should be able to use any kydex holster made for the TS.  I prefer the Bladetech original series, I think I find one on Midway for $50 (instead of $75 direct from Bladetech).  It's been a couple years though...

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 12:29:00 AM »
You should be able to use any kydex holster made for the TS.  I prefer the Bladetech original series, I think I find one on Midway for $50 (instead of $75 direct from Bladetech).  It's been a couple years though...

Yeah, my only concern is the they Tactical Sport  has a dustcover that is 'relieved' or beveled, whereas the TSB and TSO have a fuller, non-beveled dustcover.  So I'm wondering if the holster is contoured for that it will interfere.

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:20:41 AM »
Didn't realize the Blue had the rounded TSO dustcover.  That's a rare one indeed!

I know Red Hill Tactical had the mold for both guns. They're very popular in USPSA lately.  Might give them a look and message Robert on FB page to see what he thinks about adding some material to the trigger guard of his TSO mold so it'd fit your Blue perfectly?

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »
Didn't realize the Blue had the rounded TSO dustcover.  That's a rare one indeed!

I know Red Hill Tactical had the mold for both guns. They're very popular in USPSA lately.  Might give them a look and message Robert on FB page to see what he thinks about adding some material to the trigger guard of his TSO mold so it'd fit your Blue perfectly?
Yeah I think I will, it's just the wait period is rather long, so I need something now to get me through the coming weeks.  But I'm probably going to contact Red Hill and clarify the features if they need it.  Thx.  Weird about this gun...it sort off sits in between the regular TS and the Orange, but some of the features put it in this 'neither/nor' lost area for holsters.

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
You could try to exchange the Ghost SP01 block for a czechmate block.  I think CZ only recently changed the czechmate to have the TSO frame checkering and thinner trigger guard.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
You could try to exchange the Ghost SP01 block for a czechmate block.  I think CZ only recently changed the czechmate to have the TSO frame checkering and thinner trigger guard.
I don't remember seeing one available, or I would have definitely ordered one.  I'll see what they say.  On the Stoeger site, it has a Ghost ultimate for a 'Tactical Sport', so if Ghost has that I'd be good with an exchange.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:06:22 PM by MoRivera »

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 11:42:04 PM »
Just got a new unit in, and it seems to work perfectly with both an SP-01 as well as my Tact Sport Blue.  A Rep at Ghost said that maybe the tensioning tab or something on the first one had shifted during shipping.  But this one locks up and releases very cleanly with a simple upward draw stroke.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:47:50 PM by MoRivera »

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 08:34:06 AM »
Nice, like how race holster display the gun!

anything