Author Topic: 452 Grand Finale Scope Mounts Don't Fit  (Read 1214 times)

Offline n4rod

452 Grand Finale Scope Mounts Don't Fit
« on: February 26, 2018, 09:39:07 PM »
I bought a 452 Grand Finale 22 rifle.  This is the top of the line 22 bolt action rifle selling for over $1,100.  It comes with a lot of custom features and is a very nice looking gun.  The one I received had a scope mount problem.  The dovetail on the scope mounts are larger than the dovetail on the rifle.  These are engraved rings that match the custom engraving on the rifle.  It looks like the receiver dovetail is 3/8th inch and the mounts are 11mm, although the mounts are correctly marked for this gun.  Simple enough problem.  I called CZ and they sent me another set of scope mounts.  They arrived today.  Now the simple problem gets complex.  The mounts that came today are the same size that came with the rifle, too big.  No matter how tight I turn the mount screw they just slide off the receiver with very little pressure.  So I have a $1,129.00 rifle that is useless.  And apparently the folks at CZ just throw parts in a package and ship them off without any QC or customer service checking them to make sure they properly fit and solve the problem.  CZ does make 22 rifles with 3/8th and 11mm dovetail grooves on the receivers.  Afterall, the gun was orignally shipped with the incorrect mounts.  And now the replacement mounts are also the incorrect size.  I could just buy a set of $25 clamp on dovetail mounts, but they wouldn't be the engraved mounts I paid for.  Honestly, screw up the mounts twice on a $1,1,00 gun?  I'm a disabled vet and this gun was over a month's disability pension.  I can't even use it or get CZ to send me the correct parts.  I'm taking the gun back to where I bought it and asking for a refund.  Also canceling my order for one of their Supreme Field $1,600 shotguns I ordered last week.  Lost all confidence in CZ.  Sorry, fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  So no more CZ for me!

Rod
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:10:35 AM by n4rod »

Offline carnut

Re: 452 Grand Finale Scope Mounts Don't Fit
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 06:02:38 PM »
Is the movable piece that clamps on to the dovetail reversible (top to bottom) on those rings. A lot of rings have 2 different size (top and bottom) clamp sizes so they will fit the multiple dovetail sized 3/8 in, or 9.5 to 11mm width variations, cut angles and cut depths between rifle manufactures. 

Offline Catdaddy2

Re: 452 Grand Finale Scope Mounts Don't Fit
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 09:24:47 PM »
I have heard others who have had the same problems.  Some have had to send rings back multiple times to get a set to work.  People have reported their rings are marked 452.A and others say 452.I.  I don't know if that means two different variants or what.  I'd be upset as well but would keep trying until they send you a set that fits.