Author Topic: To Rami or not to Rami?  (Read 2540 times)

Offline macktheknife

To Rami or not to Rami?
« on: March 03, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »
Looking to get a new EDC thinking about a Rami, P01 Omega or an FNS 9c. I like hammer fired guns with a safety, just used to manual of arms as I still carry a 1911 LW commander but its a little large in the summer months. The FN is striker fired but can be had with a safety. Kind of leaning towards the Rami. Is it reliable as an EDC?
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: To Rami or not to Rami?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »
Mine is very reliable.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 05:46:29 PM »
Quite the range of options there, and all solid guns.  I wish FN produced an FNX-9c, that might be up your alley too.

RAMI vs P01... rail, upswept tang, little bit of size, little bit of weight.  I got my .40 RAMI when I wanted a backcountry/hiking gun that would be carried more than shot, but could hold its own accuracy wise.

Polymer hammer fired guns?  The HK USP compact is just a tad trimmer/lighter than the P01 with a pretty good trigger out of the box.

If you are going to want to work on it, get czc or cgw parts, the RAMI has the wide hammer (just to add a little more confusion....)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »
Love my Rami, despite sending it back for rework.  It is now my primary SD Pistol. 8)

Very accurate as well -- assuming you can dangle your pinky or tuck it under the mag.  Although they have extended 14 round mags, I love the 10 rounds mags for carry.  If you can't handle that and need a full grip, consider the P01 or PCR -- but they don't come in versions with safeties.  The compact is a safety version but all steel, so heavier.

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 08:58:01 AM »
I thought the same thing about the FNX 9c would be nice.  I have a 75 all steel compact one of my favorite guns, shoots great a little on the heavy side to carry, but do carry it in a RW Grizzle IWB. decisions, decisions.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline ldryder

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 03:51:47 PM »
When you ask if the RAMI is reliable as an EDC, you'll receive all sorts of different opinions that are based on each individual's experience with their RAMI so... I'll add my opinion as well.

After experiencing the FTF issues with the RAMI, and currently having it at CZ Customer Service... I'm 100% happy with my decision to ALWAYS carry a S&W J-Frame as my EDC and relegate the semi-automatics, like my RAMI, to the status of being the backup gun that always resides in my glovebox, center console, bedroom dresser drawer, or motorcycle saddlebags. 

I also treat my Glock 19 and Glock 43 as "Second-Class Options" even though both of them have proven to be far more reliable..... FOR ME.

That said, I'm not willing to stake my life on the belief that any of my semi-automatics can match the reliability of my S&W J-Frame.

Offline Cz1961

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 09:54:17 PM »
You already have the 75 compact. The Rami is a very nice pistol which is very reliable.
Opinions on here are a dime a dozen.
I like both my Rami?s. If you are satisfied with your cz compact then you will be satisfied with a
Rami in my opinion.
Feels better to me shooting than the Rugers, kahr?s and glocks for sub compact. It is a semi automatic pistol and not a revolver. No need to compare the two.
My 9mm is very reliable.
No regrets. I also own and shoot 5 S&W revolvers.
Good luck with your decision.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 09:56:16 PM by Cz1961, Reason: Misspelled a word »

Offline Trblshtr

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 08:55:52 AM »
I'll add my anecdote to the data points.  My entirely unmodified 2075BD has never had a fail-to-feed, fail-to-fire or fail-to-eject using a 10 round magazine in well over 1,000 rounds of FMJ and roughly 200 rounds of hollowpoint defense ammo.  I did have one fail-to-feed with the 14 round mag, using some Black Hills ammo with XTP type bullets, that had been loaded for about 6 months.  I was not able to duplicate the problem.  I use a 16 round magazine as my back-up so I've never bothered tracking down the issue with the 14 (also, no problems during practice with the 16 round mag).  I use 124 grain Speer GoldDot ammo for EDC but am thinking about trying some Federal HST as I hear good things about those.  The RAMI is more than accurate enough at likely engagement distances in my hands and I am nowhere near the best pistol shooter that I know.
Steve

Offline volbagman

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »
Rami is my edc in an aliengear cloak tuck. I like it. I did get a P10C last week and shot it yesterday. I like it a lot and my switch it to edc once I get a holster for it

Offline utu82

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 12:28:02 PM »
I liked everything about the Rami except no matter what I did, the trigger did not work out for me.  It was actually painful on my finger,  something about the trigger and shape of my finger.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
I liked everything about the Rami except no matter what I did, the trigger did not work out for me.  It was actually painful on my finger,  something about the trigger and shape of my finger.

Same here. I had the reduced reach trigger from CGW installed and it solved that problem.

anything