Author Topic: Magazine Rattle  (Read 1863 times)

Offline ad5md

Magazine Rattle
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:22:08 PM »
Gas anyone found a fix to this?  It functions as it should just don't like that it rattles when carried  tnx

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: Magazine Rattle
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:41:33 PM »
You can try a heavier mag spring. I?ve had good luck smacking the back of the mag in my hand, getting the bullets to sear a bit better. I don?t even notice it when carrying, doubt anyone else will either. A lot of double stack mags do this.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:58:00 PM »
You can try a heavier mag spring. I?ve had good luck smacking the back of the mag in my hand, getting the bullets to sear a bit better. I don?t even notice it when carrying, doubt anyone else will either. A lot of double stack mags do this.
Same, I never noticed. I also give the may a snack, insert it and forget about it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:31:02 AM »
Down loading by one round usually works. Not ideal, but effective.

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »
I only get the rattle when I first load the magazine, or top it off after chambering the first round. It will rattle a bit in your hand, even when you give a smack. However, once inserted, the rattle quickly goes away as the rounds settle in. Once settled, there's no more rattle, at least not in mine. ymmv.

Offline ad5md

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 10:32:41 PM »
Tried removing one from the  mag and the rattling sound. It worked but I guess I'll just top off the mag + chamber load and live with it.  Now waiting for the 85C trigger to replace the original one  tnx

Offline mecenas

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 03:42:25 PM »
When I bought my RAMI (2017) I noticed the same thing with a 10 rd magazine although not so with a 14 rounder. I replaced the magazine spring with the Woff +5 but the rattle would still occur although only once in a while.

About 100 rounds ago (about 4 weeks) the rattle miraculously  stopped. Subsequent loading a magazine with a variety of ammunition did not produce any rattle at all. This is my EDC so magazine rattle would sound like a pair of spurs and very annoying.
Hopefully, the rattle is gone forever, but I still do not know what actually caused it to disappear.

Offline ad5md

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »
Was it for the 1p0 or 14rnd? Do you remember the part #?  Tnx

Offline mecenas

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
I do not remember the part number, but it was Wolff spring +5 for the CZ Compact.

Offline volbagman

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »
the 10 round mag on my Rami rattled for a few months and then stopped. The 14 round mag never rattled.

I did sacrifice a glock to the CZ gods so maybe that did it. Otherwise it is a mystery.

Offline frogwalking

• Retired Engineer, Viet. Vet., (one of the 4%)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 06:15:00 PM »
Mine rattles when empty.  Load it and it stops.  No problem.

Offline Hoshneer

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 11:17:43 AM »
I just noticed as well yesterday when I bought mine but it seemed to do it more with my critical defense ammo.