Author Topic: Shot my CZ rami 2075 for the first time yesterday--am I nuts??  (Read 4432 times)

Offline arizonapaul

OH MY GOSH, I loved it, how much did I love it? More than shooting my new Wilson Combat EDC X9. Not sure if its the weight, the feel, the difference of the DA/SA with de-cocker, but this gun just felt perfect in my hand. And the ability to shot it accurate at the range was uncanny. So my history is basically I am brand new to caring a gun everyday, and I just started about 4 months ago with a GLock 43 as my EDC. Great gun for the weight, size and CC, but I would never carry it chambered, that's just me for now. Maybe this will all change after my defensive gun classes 1 and 2, coming up soon.
This Rami, I would feel totally comfortable carrying  chambered and De-cocked, love the extra security knowing that first pull is harder to engage it to fire with the fact that I can pull and shoot without racking if need be.  So the Glock will be hitting the chopping blocks as I see no need to carry when the Rami is an option.
As far as the Wilson Combat, going to have to give it some more time, as my inexperience with guns for right now, is not letting me probably enjoy the true wonders Of a Wilson Combat and the finer points of a quality trigger.
Can't wait for my OWB pancake holster to arrive next week to plant this baby on my side!!!!

Offline SP01bob

Re: Shot my CZ rami 2075 for the first time yesterday--am I nuts??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
Great, I'm looking forward to getting one this year as well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline CZ Dawg

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »
That's great to hear. I had the chance to shoot a RAMI a while back and really liked it and was very accurate with it. Several people at my LGS kind of poo-pooed my interest in it (actually, so did the CZ rep I was shooting with) due to its size. I guess it's the old beauty in the eye of the beholder, cause I loved it. Of course, when I was ready to buy, I couldn't find one, so I went one size up and got a PCR. I love it just as much, but the RAMI is still on my to get list.

Offline MattyD380

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
OH MY GOSH, I loved it, how much did I love it? More than shooting my new Wilson Combat EDC X9. Not sure if its the weight, the feel, the difference of the DA/SA with de-cocker, but this gun just felt perfect in my hand. And the ability to shot it accurate at the range was uncanny. So my history is basically I am brand new to caring a gun everyday, and I just started about 4 months ago with a GLock 43 as my EDC. Great gun for the weight, size and CC, but I would never carry it chambered, that's just me for now. Maybe this will all change after my defensive gun classes 1 and 2, coming up soon.
This Rami, I would feel totally comfortable carrying  chambered and De-cocked, love the extra security knowing that first pull is harder to engage it to fire with the fact that I can pull and shoot without racking if need be.  So the Glock will be hitting the chopping blocks as I see no need to carry when the Rami is an option.
As far as the Wilson Combat, going to have to give it some more time, as my inexperience with guns for right now, is not letting me probably enjoy the true wonders Of a Wilson Combat and the finer points of a quality trigger.
Can't wait for my OWB pancake holster to arrive next week to plant this baby on my side!!!!

My experience with the RAMI echoes yours. I'd say it's not a coincidence you like it so much... it's really a great shooter. Very intuitive feel. With some guns, it feels like you're "fighting the gun" to get rounds on POA. The RAMI's ergonomics, trigger, etc. all seem to compliment the human factors that go into accurate shooting. And for me... the short, fat grip just feels... right.

So... long story short... the RAMI kicks _ss.

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »
 I've had my 2075 BD  for almost a year it's now my EDC there are days when it's too bulky and I fall back on my Sig 938. The Sig is still more accurate for me but the Rami just feels right and holds 4 extra rounds. Buy a couple extra recoil springs and trigger spring my factory recoil springs gave out early around 450 rounds. I just replaced the outer spring the first time and replaced both at about 1500 the trigger spring broke at about 1000 rounds. One last thing don't dry fire the Rami with out something over the firing pin like a small o-ring .

Offline arizonapaul

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »
I've had my 2075 BD  for almost a year it's now my EDC there are days when it's too bulky and I fall back on my Sig 938. The Sig is still more accurate for me but the Rami just feels right and holds 4 extra rounds. Buy a couple extra recoil springs and trigger spring my factory recoil springs gave out early around 450 rounds. I just replaced the outer spring the first time and replaced both at about 1500 the trigger spring broke at about 1000 rounds. One last thing don't dry fire the Rami with out something over the firing pin like a small o-ring .

I have a lot to learn, I'm not even sure what springs you are talking about, let alone how to replace and all. Guess Ill search a YouTube video Thanks for the dry-fire tip as I have been doing that when practicing and feeling the trigger pull.

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
When you field strip your Rami and remove the barrel you will find two nested springs the outer is first to go. CGW sells the outer spring for $5 plus $7 shipping so buy several and save on shipping the whole spring set is $15.  If you have dry fired your pistol much you have damaged the firing pin retaining pin give CGW's a call it's no big deal. Cajun Gun Works are great people and will help you keep your CZ running like a clock they sell many parts and upgrades they even have how to videos.

Offline arizonapaul

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 03:11:13 PM »
When you field strip your Rami and remove the barrel you will find two nested springs the outer is first to go. CGW sells the outer spring for $5 plus $7 shipping so buy several and save on shipping the whole spring set is $15.  If you have dry fired your pistol much you have damaged the firing pin retaining pin give CGW's a call it's no big deal. Cajun Gun Works are great people and will help you keep your CZ running like a clock they sell many parts and upgrades they even have how to videos.

Great, and thank you for the info.  Paul

Offline bradleyvail

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 08:00:30 PM »
The RAMI feels natural right from the start.

It's just like the older brother CZ 75... smooth and accurate with easy recoil!

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 02:03:09 AM »
I went through a phase of wanting the smallest, thinnest subcompact possible. I bought and then sold or quit shooting a P938, Shield, and Taurus TCP. They're just too difficult to shoot accurately and too uncomfortable to shoot for an extended time period for me. The Rami feels better, is more accurate, and doesn't wear me out like those others. It's definitely bigger than the others but with a good gun belt and hoster it's very comfortable to wear and easy to conceal.
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 03:08:22 AM »
Some pistols just feel right and let you get everything from them they have to offer.
Glad it worked well for you.
"1776" - Part II

Offline gculpable

• You are your own first responder
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 09:58:51 PM »
I took an inexperienced shooter out to the range and after he sampled everything on the CZ buffet I started to make some comment about some guns being more accurate and easier to shoot because of size and sight... and he said, ?like that one,? pointing to the RAMI. There is just something about that gun that defies explanation when it comes to accuracy and shootability.  I understand the OP?s feeling toward it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CZ 75BD
CZ 75BD Compact (not PCR)
CZ SP-01 Tactical
CZ P-01
CZ P-07
CZ P-09
CZ P-10c
CZ 2075 BD RAMI
Canik55 Stingray C