Author Topic: Anyone Knowledgeable About Kahr PM9 or MK9? Help!  (Read 3964 times)

MtnDewd

Anyone Knowledgeable About Kahr PM9 or MK9? Help!
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:35:36 PM »
I know this is a CZ forum, and I too own (2) CZ's and  love both of them, but I need some info regarding a Kahr PM9. If anyone out there has a PM9 or MK9 and can help with this problem, please respond. I just bought a new PM9 and haven't even shot it yet. Last night, I broke it down for cleaning as recommended in the manual. Cleaned off all the factory goo, lubed it up good and reassembled it. The only problem is, since I reassembled it the slide will not lock back. I know it locked back before because I locked it back a couple of times prior to disassembly. I can cycle the slide, but for some unknown reason the slide lock lever just doesn't seem to catch on the notch in the slide. I've disassembled and reassembled several times, following the instructions in the owners manual, but still the slide will not lock back. It will not lock back with or without the empty magazine in. If anyone else has had this problem and knows the solution please reply.  I really wanted to try this gun out this weekend and now I'm afraid to with the slide not locking back. Kahr is not available on the weekend, so I can't ask them.
Thanks,
MtnDewd

ggunter

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 08:46:02 AM »
I may not be fully understanding what you are saying but are you saying that the slide will not lock back if you physically push the slide lock up when cycling the slide back (w/o mag inserted)?

NOTE: The pistol slide is not supposed to lock back w/o mag inserted unless you physically make it do so.

g_gunter

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • First Baptist Church of Atoka
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 06:28:53 AM »
You need to be real careful about reinserting the slide stop.  The spring that tensions/holds it can get into the wrong position.  Let us know what you problem turns out to be.
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Sheriff's Chaplain, NRA Patron Member

anything