Author Topic: Can I shoot this pistol in USPSA?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline MoRivera

Can I shoot this pistol in USPSA?
« on: May 19, 2018, 09:15:44 PM »
Hello All,

I've been shooting my CZ Shadow 2 in USPSA Limited Minor, since I converted it to SAO.  Love it.  A couple of months back I bought a .40 S&W Tac Sport complete upper off a member here that is milled (along with a little on the barrel lug) to fit on an SP-01 frame.  It also fits nicely on my Shadow 2's frame (it looks a little short at the back edge, but that's just the way those edges are cut on the frame, the FP/slide matches up fine)......

Is this pistol in the above configuration USPSA 'legal' for Limited?  Obviously, CZ Custom has made a few Shadow 1 models with a long/TS slide, but that has been with the SP01 frame.  I have not seen this yet from CZ Custom.  They do have the 'Bull Shadow 2" that has a slightly longer slide and the bull barrel.  But I'd really like the idea of shooting .40/major with my Shadow 2.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:18:18 PM by MoRivera »

Offline rotorwind

Re: Can I shoot this pistol in USPSA?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »
You can shoot it in limited no problem

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 09:26:40 PM »
Sweet, thanks!

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
You can absolutely shoot it in Limited, but be aware that you will be severely crippled as far as magazine capacity goes.  I can attest, as I shoot a 75B .40 SAO in Limited.  140mm magazines are only going to get you ~14 usable rounds.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 11:58:54 PM »
You can absolutely shoot it in Limited, but be aware that you will be severely crippled as far as magazine capacity goes.  I can attest, as I shoot a 75B .40 SAO in Limited.  140mm magazines are only going to get you ~14 usable rounds.
I shoot Limited 10 since I am a CT resident and we have a mag limit.  >:(

Offline Sp33d2

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 01:49:56 AM »
What about a stock Tac Sports or even the Bull Sports? where would either of these two fit? Also would I need to change mags to lower capacity? Or are these pistols only allowed in IPSC?

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
Both those are fine in limited division.  140mm mags for USPSA Limited division.