Author Topic: Issue with CZ 75 Antreg Zenith conversion kit  (Read 12349 times)

Offline Alkrinos

Issue with CZ 75 Antreg Zenith conversion kit
« on: May 27, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
Hello Friends,

So after 6 months I've finally received my brand new CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow pistol with its Antreg Zenith 22S .22 conversion kit.

For those that don't know about this kit, I found a topic talking about it here: https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=88944.0 , basically it uses the same design as the well known Kadet.

The accuracy is top notch, the fit and finish is awesome and it looks gorgeous mounted on my Shadow frame.

While the slide of this kit is a dream, the magazines sold with it are cheap, plastic made, junk!

So here is the issue I'm running into: the slide won't stay back on an empty magazine.

Even if I insert an empty magazine and manually pull back the slide, the slide stop won't activate.

I also tried to use this magazine with another CZ 75 frame at the range but encountered the same problem.

By field stripping the pistol and taking a closer look at the slide stop, the problem is pretty obvious: the slide stop and the magazine follower barely touch each other!
Moreover the magazine spring seems quite weak, the brand new slide stop spring won't help with that either...

Searching around the forum, this issue seems to be common with Kadet kit too and using a slide stop with a larger tab to make better contact with the magazine follower could fix the problem.

The posts I've read so far advised to use a CZ 75 PCR slide stop, but i can't find any information about the measurements/size of it so I've no idea if it will be any better than my actual SP-01 Shadow slide stop regarding the lack of contact with the magazine's follower.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks!

PS: Apologies for my poor English, it is not my mother tongue.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Issue with CZ 75 Antreg Zenith conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 02:15:59 PM »
Don't have a conversion kit for mine.  But it sure does look good on that pistol.

Since the magazine fits into and locks into the frame, could you try a CZ Kadet magazine? 
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 03:11:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about the magazine quality and issue you?re having. Also, can?t help with the PCR slide stop data as I am currently traveling. Have you emailed the company and received any response?

Offline Alkrinos

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 03:29:10 PM »
Don't have a conversion kit for mine.  But it sure does look good on that pistol.

Since the magazine fits into and locks into the frame, could you try a CZ Kadet magazine?

Thanks for your answer!

I have a friend at the range that own a full kadet pistol (not a conversion kit).

We made some tests yesterday:

- He tried to put my antreg magazine into his kadet pistol => Unable to hold the slide back.

- I tried to put the kadet magazine into my shadow frame + antreg kit => I could feel some strange scraping while pulling the slide to the rear, the slide would almost lock.

Sadly I didn't have the time to do some extensive tests like field strip the pistol and check how the kadet mag follower interacts with the slide stop when the slide is not on.

Offline Alkrinos

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 04:08:18 PM »
Sorry to hear about the magazine quality and issue you?re having. Also, can?t help with the PCR slide stop data as I am currently traveling. Have you emailed the company and received any response?

Hello, thank you for taking the time to try to help me.

If you find some time to send me the data about the PCR slide stop when you are back from your travel, I'll gladly have them.

I've also tried to contact directly Antreg (the company that manufacture the conversion kit) but the only english speaking address i could find is their Public Relation email, i'm pretty sure my message will never find its way to the "firearm department" customer service.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
Do you use the frame for anything else (like putting the 9MM slide back on it to shoot it.)

If not, would it be possible to weaken/tweak the slide stop spring so it doesn't push down on the slide stop with so much force?  If the slide stop was easier to push upwards (I wouldn't remove the spring) the factory magazines might be able to push it up.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Alkrinos

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »
Do you use the frame for anything else (like putting the 9MM slide back on it to shoot it.)

If not, would it be possible to weaken/tweak the slide stop spring so it doesn't push down on the slide stop with so much force?  If the slide stop was easier to push upwards (I wouldn't remove the spring) the factory magazines might be able to push it up.

Yes i still use the 9mm shadow slide with that frame.

So I rather not modify a brand new pistol that works otherwise flawlessly in 9mm to finally end up with two unusable slides  :-\

Offline painter

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »
What dimensions do you need from the PCR slide stop?

I think I have one that came with my kit that I purchased used. Might take me a bit to find it.

I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Alkrinos

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 06:21:03 PM »

I think I have one that came with my kit that I purchased used. Might take me a bit to find it.

I m looking for the length of the small tab of the slide stop that pushes against the magazine follower when it is empty.

If I'm not clear I could take a picture tomorrow.

Thanks!

Offline painter

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »

I m looking for the length of the small tab of the slide stop that pushes against the magazine follower when it is empty.

If I'm not clear I could take a picture tomorrow.

Thanks!
I think I understand.

but not the ability.

Offline painter

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »
I took pics...
Kadet 22LR on left, PCR on right

Kadet

PCR

Looks, to me anyway, that the Kadet 22LR would be the best choice if it's long enough for your frame. Let me know if you need any more dimensions.

but not the ability.

Offline Alkrinos

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 03:27:52 AM »
Hello Painter,

Thank you very much for your help.

Additionally would it be possible to have the following dimensions:

The length of the tab that is really problematic even more than thickness (red on my pic).

The length between the edge of the pin to the spring notch (blue on my pic) to see if it is compatible with my frame.

Thanks again for your kind help.

Offline painter

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 06:37:32 AM »
I can do that.

but not the ability.

Offline painter

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:03:11 PM »
Dimensions are OAL of the tab, and distance to center of spring notch from the inside surface of the slide stop. I can measure the distance to the bump on the tab if you need that number.

PCR

Kadet 22LR

but not the ability.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »
I would be interested in seeing a pics of the Magazine's Follower / Feedlip configuration
The Mag in the Frame. Slide Stop in place but without the Kit installed
Or; How does the Follower interact with the Slide Stop ?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !