Author Topic: Considering P07  (Read 10006 times)

Offline John_AZ

Considering P07
« on: June 05, 2018, 10:16:35 PM »
I?m trying to decide on my next pistol and decided I want another DA/SA pistol, but I like the option of the SA only. I just picked up a Beretta 92 and have the urge for another.

I was originally looking at a PX4 Compact, but also considering the P07.

I noticed the OD Green model comes with night sights. Is this the only one that does now? Anyone willing to show a photo of the sight picture with those?

I have Ameriglo Agents on my duty and carry gun, and I really like those. So the new sights further down the thread (nightvision? Is it?) really have my interest. But curious how the night sights are on the OD model.

Anyone have experience with the PX4 compact and P07? Any input?

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
Re: Considering P07
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:29:02 PM »
2 P-07s, no night sights. I like the P-07 for carry, consistent trigger and nice feel. Accurate and fits me well.
I also have a P-09 and like it better but harder to conceal.
Never had a problem with any of them and they shoot any thing I feed them, but mostly reloads.
"1776" - Part II

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 11:06:21 PM »
John_AZ: I am also a fan of DA/SA hammer fired pistols. Bersa makes a nice compact 9, but my favorite of all handgun is the P-07. Mine has the CZ night sights you mentioned. They are not 'bright' in the daytime like Ameriglo, but I shoot very well with them, so I have no plans to change them. If I were buying a new P-07, I would get the one with the "Night Fision" day/night sights. Those appear to be a real improvement on seeing night sights in both day and night.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 07:49:22 AM »
I'm a P07 because:

I can carry it cocked and locked

It's accurate as hell (better groups, for me, than my Glock, XDM, M&P, Browning pistols)

It's reliable as any of the above and more reliable than the M&P and Browning pistols

It feels good in my hand and to me that's important

It's easy to get parts for, factory replacement or aftermarket

I carried it yesterday when I went to the Firestone shop and got my annual vehicle inspection and front end alignment.

I carried it the day before when we went shopping for new flooring for the bedroom upstairs we're converting to an exercise room.

I carried it the day before when I was out buying/picking up parts for the Jeep.

I carry it, almost daily, when I leave my property for any reason other than going to the county courthouse (can't carry there).

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 08:36:02 AM »
I am a big fan of the P-series guns in general and the P-07 in particular...

I've had some time with the Beretta PX4 Compact and, while nice (especially the Langdon Compact Carry editions) I still prefer the P-07 by a wide margin, especially with Cajun Gun Works upgrades. You can carry the P-07 cocked and locked in SA mode by installing the thumb safety and you have the added benefit of the gun defaulting to DA mode if a round fails to fire. There are many other benefits to the P-07 IMO, especially if you may be interested in adding a red dot at some point.

If I were you I'd get the OD P-07 and see what I thought of the stock night sights - they may be fine for you. I do already know what *I* think, though LOL

I have the Night Fision sights on order for one of my P-07s and my P-10C. Personally, I think they are a HUGE improvement over any of the stock night sights I've seen - CZ or not.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Crosspower

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 11:34:04 AM »

Offline John_AZ

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 12:56:24 PM »
Thanks guys. I like those night fision sights. I?m a big fan of the u notch and bright ring to help my eye focus. I carry the Ameriglos on my Glock duty and off duty.

Are there any other differences between the OD and black P07?s? I don?t notice any but thought I would ask. All my guns are black or stainless. I guess I could add a splash of (subdued) color to the collection

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 01:55:47 PM »
Should not be difference in the color only in suppressor ready pistol.
"1776" - Part II

Offline Yoni

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 02:33:21 PM »
I carry 2 pistols any more, a Glock 26 if I just want to drop a pistol in my pocket and my CGW P07.

Sitting in the safe are a bunch of Glocks, HKP7, a few high end custom Hi Powers,, CZ P09.

The P07 is more accurate than my $4000 Hi Power with fitted bar sto barrel. Feels better in the hand than the Hi Powers and carries as light as a Glock.

I now have a custom made IWB holster that covers only the Streamlight TLR-1, so I can carry it with a light on it just as comfortable as just a bare pistol carried IWB.

The single action beats the Hi Powers and even a lot of 1911's.

I love the P07

Offline Mike87

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »
What sights are those?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Offline Crosspower

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »
What sights are those?

Those are the factory sights on a P07
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:21:53 AM by s0nspark, Reason: fixed quoting »

Offline Slotback

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »
It's very hard to beat a P-07.  It's a terrific pistol in so many ways.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 03:20:44 PM »
I just bought my second one a couple of weeks ago.  It's noticeably smoother than my first one.  My first one also shoots about 3" high at 25 yards.  This new one is pretty much point of aim=point of impact.

Now, if only I could get my point of aim where I want it to be when the trigger breaks.......

I bought the OD Green with Tritium night sights.  They're also noticeably brighter than the ones on my P-09.

I love these P-series guns and I have a few other CZ's to compare.  I have a 75B, an SP-01 Tactical and a 75D.  My P-series are the ones that get the most use.

Offline fflmike

• Retired but FFL
    • Greenlawn Sports
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »
I have two P-07's.  One is the UG that I had the slide milled vor a Vortex Viper RDS with Cajun Pro parts.  Outstanding gun.  The other is a black standard P-07 with some Cajun spring and other work done by me.  Love em both!
I remember when "Common Sense" was common.  I must really be old!

Offline John_AZ

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys. I have a couple weeks yet before I can make a purchase. Right now I may be leaning towards the OD P07 due to the better sights, if and when I can find one. Might check a couple local shops to see if any have one I can try out the feel in the hand.