Author Topic: P 10 C Trigger Click.  (Read 3844 times)

Offline wild_Bill77

P 10 C Trigger Click.
« on: June 25, 2018, 12:52:19 AM »
Hi all not new to the forum but havent posted in awhile. As you all know since the arrival of the P 10 c its had its shall we say teething issues? So i didnt buy one one at first I waited. I waited until these issues would be ironed out so to speak. Well three days ago I found one with the notch in the rear striker plate indicating it was one of the newer ones with design changes that fixed some or all of the previous issues. I bought it after trying the trigger and trying to push the striker over it didnt budge. Satisfied I bought it and took it home. But when I got home I noticed when the trigger is fully depressed right before the wall theres is a catch or hitch like it is catching on something. It makes a "boing" noise like a spring got snapped. It doesnt affect the weight or function of the trigger and is slight and hard to hear but kinda annoying. I know alot about guns Glocks HKs and P07 CZ and even worked on alot over the years. I do not however know much about the design of the P 10 C striker system to guess what it is catching on. I can eliminate it being in the frame however. I took the slide off and worked the trigger and there is no issue. So its something in the slide. Or in relation to the striker and safety.  I just dont know enough about the design yet so I am asking if anyone here has had the same thing happen or has any idea what this could be. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline dwhitehorne

Re: P 10 C Trigger Click.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:54:33 AM »
Slight and hard to hear?  How does the trigger feel when shooting?  David

Offline wild_Bill77

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 12:31:05 AM »
Slight and hard to hear?  How does the trigger feel when shooting?  David
Haven't shot it yet. Like I said it is a little click or catch right before the wall. You can actually see it when pressing the trigger. Might smooth out with use or it might be an indication of something out of spec that could cause issues down the road. I dont know thats the problem. All the other P 10 c models I have shot (friends guns) and or dry fired didnt have this.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 09:30:39 AM »
It's hard to say without examining it first hand, but since you're hearing the "sproig" of a spring being released under tension, my first guess is it's one of the trigger springs (circled in red).  The P10 has 2 trigger springs that are under constant tension, like a Glock.  If one of the coils is snagging on something and then releasing as the trigger is pulled, it could explain what your feeling/hearing.  You might be able to nudge the springs a bit with a toothpick to see if that clears it up.

It could also be a debris in the firing pin channel snagging a coil the striker spring(#22 in the diagram)  You could take your striker assembly out, wipe it down, and maybe clean out the striker channel in the slide with a q-tip.  Be careful to keep the little pin(#35) holding the striker assembly together in place.

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 05:45:43 PM »
Why would you think something is out of spec?  Go shooting to see how you like it and have some fun. Don?t forget to lube it up before you go. David

Offline wild_Bill77

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 02:14:42 AM »
Why would you think something is out of spec?  Go shooting to see how you like it and have some fun. Don?t forget to lube it up before you go. David
Shot it today works fine. Trigger click, catch whatever is still there. And why I think something is out of spec is because it isnt supposed to be there.

Offline wild_Bill77

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 02:24:32 AM »
It's hard to say without examining it first hand, but since you're hearing the "sproig" of a spring being released under tension, my first guess is it's one of the trigger springs (circled in red).  The P10 has 2 trigger springs that are under constant tension, like a Glock.  If one of the coils is snagging on something and then releasing as the trigger is pulled, it could explain what your feeling/hearing.  You might be able to nudge the springs a bit with a toothpick to see if that clears it up.

It could also be a debris in the firing pin channel snagging a coil the striker spring(#22 in the diagram)  You could take your striker assembly out, wipe it down, and maybe clean out the striker channel in the slide with a q-tip.  Be careful to keep the little pin(#35) holding the striker assembly together in place.

Well like I stated in my previous post the lower half of the firearm can be dismissed as causing or being the issue. Take off the slide pull the trigger forward till the trigger safety catches the frame (like a glock) release the trigger slowly (however you want to hold it) and as it gets pulled back by the trigger springs.. nothing catches. Just smooth action. Now to test the slide possibly the striker spring. I used a screwdriver flat head and pushed the stiker back all the way several times. No catch nothing snagging no "boing" noise. Also pushed the safety aside no catch there either. Only two things left. The interface between the striker lug face and the trigger bar. And the trigger bar (lower lug) and disconnector. Something is catching here. Thanks for your help I do appreciate it.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 07:32:33 AM »
Well like I stated in my previous post the lower half of the firearm can be dismissed as causing or being the issue. Take off the slide pull the trigger forward till the trigger safety catches the frame (like a glock) release the trigger slowly (however you want to hold it) and as it gets pulled back by the trigger springs.. nothing catches. Just smooth action. Now to test the slide possibly the striker spring. I used a screwdriver flat head and pushed the stiker back all the way several times. No catch nothing snagging no "boing" noise. Also pushed the safety aside no catch there either. Only two things left. The interface between the striker lug face and the trigger bar. And the trigger bar (lower lug) and disconnector. Something is catching here. Thanks for your help I do appreciate it.

Ah, missed the part where you took the slide off.  It could also be happening where the triangular lug on the trigger bar touched the leg on the striker safety.  Maybe the safety is snapping over a burr or scratch at the end of the trigger stroke?  If it's at the striker leg face/trigger bar ledge, it could be a result of the starting angle of the trigger bar.  I bought two P10Cs a month apart, and they had dramatically different trigger bar heights.  The ramp on the disconnector that the trigger bar lug interfaces with was cut differently.  You can see the difference below.  The trigger is to the rear in both cases.

I could feel the difference in the trigger pull.  The higher trigger bar had a mushier break but less overtravel and was also slightly lighter and smoother.  In my terrible drawing below you can see why.  In this exaggerated example, with the low trigger bar, the top corner of the trigger bar ledge has to rotate into the striker leg, when it flattens out, that corner adds resistance.  With the higher trigger bar, the top ledge doesn't flatten out against the leg, it rides the striker all the way to release since the angle falls away from the surface.

The last thing could just be the slide moving down as you pull the trigger.  Without a magazine to provide upward pressure, the slide is free to move vertically.  The hitch you feel could simply be the slide bottoming out on the frame rails before the trigger bar starts sliding down the striker leg. 

None of this explains the "boing" noise though. While I hate the generic answer of "just shoot it", I'm tempted to say just that.  The P10C internals are coated with black oxide, which is about as smooth as chalkboard paint, and needs to wear off a bit in the right places.  I wish I could give you a better answer than that, but I'm pretty stumped at this point.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 08:54:55 AM »
Keep in mind the striker and trigger bar are MIM (I have no problem with properly done MIM parts).  The surface of most MIM parts is "grainy".  When you have 2 MIM parts with bearing surfaces that work against each other under pressure, strange things can happen.

Some run time/break-in, if in fact this is the issue, should improve this if not make it go away.

Offline wild_Bill77

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 02:45:38 AM »

Ah, missed the part where you took the slide off.  It could also be happening where the triangular lug on the trigger bar touched the leg on the striker safety.  Maybe the safety is snapping over a burr or scratch at the end of the trigger stroke?  If it's at the striker leg face/trigger bar ledge, it could be a result of the starting angle of the trigger bar.  I bought two P10Cs a month apart, and they had dramatically different trigger bar heights.  The ramp on the disconnector that the trigger bar lug interfaces with was cut differently.  You can see the difference below.  The trigger is to the rear in both cases.

I could feel the difference in the trigger pull.  The higher trigger bar had a mushier break but less overtravel and was also slightly lighter and smoother.  In my terrible drawing below you can see why.  In this exaggerated example, with the low trigger bar, the top corner of the trigger bar ledge has to rotate into the striker leg, when it flattens out, that corner adds resistance.  With the higher trigger bar, the top ledge doesn't flatten out against the leg, it rides the striker all the way to release since the angle falls away from the surface.

The last thing could just be the slide moving down as you pull the trigger.  Without a magazine to provide upward pressure, the slide is free to move vertically.  The hitch you feel could simply be the slide bottoming out on the frame rails before the trigger bar starts sliding down the striker leg. 

None of this explains the "boing" noise though. While I hate the generic answer of "just shoot it", I'm tempted to say just that.  The P10C internals are coated with black oxide, which is about as smooth as chalkboard paint, and needs to wear off a bit in the right places.  I wish I could give you a better answer than that, but I'm pretty stumped at this point.
Appreciate this. I took it out again put 100 rounds thru it. Still got the little click. Noticed something though when i push the slide out of battery just maybe an 8th of an inch. Then press the trigger the click is gone. Not sure what that indicates but there it is.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 03:42:28 AM »
That's odd. Call 1-800-955-4486 and ask CZ directly.

Offline wild_Bill77

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 05:18:49 PM »
Update got 500 rounds thru it now. The gun has been reliable so far. Also very flat shooting gun pretty impressed. But the click is still there and haven't smoothed out one iota. Oh well it isnt affecting the performance of the firearm thus far, so I aint sending it in for now. One day I will break it down and find the problem myself.

Offline Woffar

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 10:38:17 PM »
Don't have a p10c, or how that are built,  but the my sig p320 had a double click on the trigger that caused several malfunctions. The first is when the sear releases the striker and the second when the trigger bar releases the sear.

Offline Proguide

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 10:24:10 PM »
The construction and engineering that goes into the p10 is very robust. More so than other brands. It was over built from the beginning....just to answer the above.

anything