Author Topic: New P01 Range Results and Questions  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Ephrate

New P01 Range Results and Questions
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »
Finally got the new P01 to the range for break in and the re familiarize myself with DA/SA triggers . Because I`ve broken the first joint on my trigger finger several times and it healed at about a 15 degree angle , I`ve gone with either 1911`s or striker fired guns .... current EDC is a Walther PPQ with Trijicon RMR 3.0 moa dot , and I absolutely love that gun . All controls can be reached without changing my grip .
  That said , after two range sessions with the P01 , I can see where I`m going to like the P0 1 as much , if not more than my PPQ . Full disclosure , I have over 3000 rounds through the PPQ and as many dry fires , so I`m real familiar with this gun .
  First session was 150 rounds and boy was it tight , but groups were good and it felt good in my hand . Less muzzle flip then my PPQ and less felt recoil ( same ammo ... 115 grain IMI 9mm ) .Had one double feed at 100 rounds , but no problems after that .
  Second range session was today and another 150 rounds with zero problems and I was able to tighten up my groups a bunch as I became more comfortable with the DA/SA trigger. Also let Carole go through several mags  and she remarked it was easier to control the recoil than the PPQ . She also had groups comparable to the PPQ and this was the first time she had seen the gun.
  So , several questions : I know it takes 500 + rounds to break the P01 in , but I need better sights . Does anyone know what the front sight height from the factory is and also what the rear sight notch hgt. and width is ? I can measure , just too lazy now . Is there a "preferred " front /rear sight combo/company ? I seem to do best with a U rear notch and blacked out rear and a FO front .
  Because of the DA trigger weight and my broken first finger joint , I`m looking at installing the CGW Pro package on the gun. You guys that have done that , how easy/difficult is it on the P01 ? I do all my own work on the PPQ and my 1911`s . Also built several track cars , so I have a few tools etc .
  Does the Pro carry package drop the DA pull significantly ? I got to handle Mike Pannone`s CGW P07  at a class a while back and that`s made me get a P01. Went with the P01 becasue the trigger guard is larger and has more room for my messed up trigger finger .
  I`m liking this gun more and more and hope to put another 200 rounds through it Monday. It also seems to conceal better than my PPQ .

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Re: New P01 Range Results and Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 12:43:17 AM »
Congrats on the New PO-1,awesome gun ! I love mine that's for sure. All I have for ya is the place to get sights from. They have good selection and lots of info on how and what to pick.
https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/cz/dawson-fixed-sets/?search_query=&page=1&limit=100&sort=featured&model=75%20P-01&category=604&is_category_page=1
https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/
This will tell you how to measure and pic what ya want. More guy will be along I'm sure.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 06:30:34 AM »
You have the standard P01?  The model with the decocking lever on the rear/left side of the frame?

Just asking because there's an aluminum frame P01 with that decocking lever, an aluminum frame P01 (Omega model) that can be either ambidextrous decocking levers or ambidextrous safeties, a P01 with a steel frame than is ambidextrous safeties only.

The model you have well determine what you can do with it and which "kits" to buy for it.

If you have one of the steel framed P01's with the ambidextrous safeties you can convert it to SAO, with a straight trigger, even more similar in operation to the 1911.

Here's one of mine.  Yes the slide on this one says CZ75 Compact, but it's made the same as the steel framed P01 models.  Good luck with yours, they are a combination of neat, reliable and accurate not seen in many brands/models of handguns.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Ephrate

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 12:05:45 PM »
Yes , I have the standard P01 with the decocker on the left rear of the frame . I guess a call to Dawson is in order ( have their sights on 3 other guns ) . I`m kinda weird as I don`t like night sights and use a light mounted on the gun . For me , the black u rear and narrow FO front works best , but it seems my choices are very limited on replacements .
  I`m also finding the same on holsters .... my favorite is JM Custom Kydex , but they are at 8 weeks for an IWB cut for an optic , which I may add later .

Anyway , thanks for the replies .

Offline toteone

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 09:50:25 PM »
If you are still looking for a custom holster for your CZ with a light try out:  https://fstactical.com/
I had a custom carbon holster made for my CZ P10C with TRL-1 (OWB with tek lock) about a year ago when not many holsters were out for this firearm. 
Good price and excellent work!  I am picky about trigger guard COMPLETELY covering trigger...he nailed it!  Since he lives locally, I was able to meet him at his work place and pick it up.  Great upfront guy.

Offline viking499

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »
https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/sights/

Here is a good place to look at sights too.  The front sight is  The rear sight is how the adjust height from the factory.  Dawson measures theirs different though.

anything