Author Topic: Pro package on SP01 still have 10lb DA  (Read 7583 times)

Offline broadside

Pro package on SP01 still have 10lb DA
« on: July 15, 2018, 06:30:08 PM »
Installed the 75110 Pro package on my SP01 and SA is great at a hair under 3lb. However the DA only went from 11.5lb to 10lb. I have had it apart several times and polished all the parts outlined in the various tutorials. Any ideas? Blue hammer spring installed, along with trigger return and FPB spring from the kit.
Just a SP-01 with Pro Package and soon a Leupold Deltapoint for Carry Optics

Offline sniperboy

Re: Pro package on SP01 still have 10lb DA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:03:09 PM »
Assuming your pins are not bent (and binding) this does seem strange.  Just changing the stock hammer spring on my SP-01 without any polishing, using a 13lb hammer spring drastically reduces the DA pull 3-4 lbs depending on the CZC or CGW 13 lb spring.

I'm grasping at straws here but there was a time I was tuning a Tanfoglio constantly that I forgot to lube it between reassembly and testing. That caused my pulls to be horrible.  Did you lube your pistol before taking the pull?

What disconnector are you using?

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
Just a thought......not sure what type grips you have but if the grips are thinner and your using the standard longer screws, they can hinder the main/hammer springs when it is being compressed by the trigger pull/hammer motion.....hence causing more force needed to pull the trigger.....just thinking outside the box here, if you've done all you said and cleaned/lubed things up you should be getting below the 10 lbs threshold.

You can check this by removing one grip panel and looking to see how far the other grip panels screw protrudes in towards the main spring.  The screw shouldn't protrude past the frames threaded grip screw hole much, if at all ideally.  If it does you'll have to make that call if its acceptable or is it making contact with the spring......hopefully this is a non-issue
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:21:39 PM by The Guardian »

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »
Pull the main spring and check the trigger action for binding/ feel.   You will have to keep the main spring strut in the proper spot and you can use your thumb to keep tension on the hammer.

Everything should move freely and smoothly without the main spring.  If not,  something isn't right.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This forum rocks!

Offline sniperboy

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 11:29:03 PM »
...an interesting thought on the grip screws.  I will be sure to check on that going forward when checking trigger pulls.

Offline broadside

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 12:00:04 AM »
All pins that are included with the Pro Package are straight. I do notice that the upper pin from the mag brake is bent a little it but that shouldn't impact DA pull (plus if I leave it out nothing changes). Sear cage is greased and the trigger and hammer pivot points and sides of trigger bar are oiled. Grip screws are not an issue, I loosened them and it still is 10lb.

The action is smooth. The hammer has some left-right movement but runs straight back when pulling the trigger.

There is no grinding or anything like that. I built my 1911s and GP100 so this kind of work is not new to me, but I am fairly new to CZ.

Offline broadside

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 12:06:50 AM »
and the disconnector is the 1487-T3 that comes in the pro package

Offline viking499

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 12:23:45 AM »
Are all the springs relating to the trigger riding where they are supposed to?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:47:24 AM by viking499 »

Offline broadside

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 12:37:39 AM »
As far as I know its assembled right. The short side of the trigger return spring is on the inside of the trigger next to the set screw and the long side is outside facing forward and riding in the center notch of the frame.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 01:05:19 AM »
If no results from the suggestions,  take the mag brake "out", reassemble and try it again.

Offline broadside

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 01:21:30 AM »
If no results from the suggestions,  take the mag brake "out", reassemble and try it again.

Just did that no change. I put the original hammer spring in and it went up 11lb. It is a little stiffer but it shorter than the blue one.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
Could be related to the stock trigger bar and sear cage.  One of our newest gunsmiths ("Big John") made an amazing discovery this month on the DA pull.

If the trigger bar goes rearward just a few thousands to much at the very end of the DA travel, the DA can stack at the end of the pull and really push the weight up in DA. 

Big John also figured out the solution.  We observed one test CZ go from a "stacky" 8lb. 6 oz. DA down to an amazing 6 lbs. 14 oz., with a linear DA using his fix.

Offline broadside

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 11:48:03 AM »
I don't think it is stacking. The trigger pull gauge just keeps climbing then it breaks without the trigger moving much at all after the initial take up.  I might not be seeing it though.

I am now noticing a lot of wear on the left side of the hammer (race version) and after checking it looks like there is play in the hammer side to side (hammer to main pin is sloppy). With the disconnector pushing only on the right side I can see it eating the slack and twisting the hammer into the left side of the frame. If I slide a thin piece of paper between the hammer and frame on each side, the left piece is tighter as the hammer cycles. The main hammer pin is OEM. Not sure this is 3lb of extra trigger weight though as I can slide the paper out still

The action is smooth and crisp, just not as light as I was hoping on the DA. I need to decide if I have the time to send it to CGW.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »
Could be related to the stock trigger bar and sear cage.  One of our newest gunsmiths ("Big John") made an amazing discovery this month on the DA pull.

If the trigger bar goes rearward just a few thousands to much at the very end of the DA travel, the DA can stack at the end of the pull and really push the weight up in DA. 

Big John also figured out the solution.  We observed one test CZ go from a "stacky" 8lb. 6 oz. DA down to an amazing 6 lbs. 14 oz., with a linear DA using his fix.
I too have noticed some variance in DA pull feel amongst very small differences in sear-cage-to-frame fit.  Like.....if there's more movement of the sear cage, there is a bit more stack at the end, but if there's less the DA pull resistance seems to 'fall off'a bit earlier.  I actually prefer the former a bit more in my two shadows as the DA feels a bit more 'linear' on quick pulls, whereas with the latter sometimes there's a little more chance of gun movement right before the hammer falls.

Also, I replaced the trigger bar in my Accu Shadow with a stock unit to get a little more trigger reach as the area where it engages the sear was different by around .009".

In my SP01 that I converted to SAO and mated with a TS Long Slide, there was a lot of clop between the sear cage and frame.  Obviously no DA pull, but in SA you could notice a fair amount of camming even with a competition hammer and see the movement in etc manual safeties.  So I did the 'stabilizing pin' mod on that and put made the SA break nice and crisp.

https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85892.0
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:02:46 PM by MoRivera »

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 04:17:12 PM »
Can you post up pictures of the left side hammer wear?  Plus pictures of the sear cage and trigger bar would be helpful as well.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!