Author Topic: P09/07 thread on potential major issues  (Read 7634 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: P09/07 thread on potential major issues
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2018, 02:41:59 PM »
Some people get a kick out of blowing things out of proportion, of whining/complaining, out of stirring others up over nothing.

Some people do it to make money off of it.

Anyone here know of, or remember, the Chinese M14 "soft" bolt issue from a  few years back?  Lot of money made off that one and as a percentage, not many had the soft bolt/lug issue, but a lot of them got replaced.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2018, 05:57:46 PM »
When i hear that there is some flaw in a certain CZ i buy more CZs. ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2018, 06:27:09 PM »
When i hear that there is some flaw in a certain CZ i buy more CZs. ;D
That's the only flaw I can see with them and it's not really a flaw at all.

Offline Woffar

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »
See post #12 on this thread
So how do I test my handgun? I try to pull the trigger sideways, but nothing. My particular pistol has a bit of movement in the trigger.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Can't make mine do it. Don't see how anybody could possibly do that even in stressful situations. Reminded me that my hammer is crooked and rubbing against the side, however.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2018, 04:44:29 AM »
So how do I test my handgun? I try to pull the trigger sideways, but nothing. My particular pistol has a bit of movement in the trigger.

Can't make mine do it. Don't see how anybody could possibly do that even in stressful situations. Reminded me that my hammer is crooked and rubbing against the side, however.
If your hammer is crooked enough to rub the slide I would contact CZ USA.That is a warranty issue and they will fix that for you.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2018, 06:17:05 AM »
I have 2 CZ p-07's and a P-09 and have not seen any problems with any of them.
Actually very good pistols.
"1776" - Part II

Offline MarilynMonbro

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2018, 06:23:37 AM »
You're fine then

I tried that, and all I got was some sore fingers..I have yet to be able to make my P07 do this, So, either I'm not doing it right (likely) or my pistol is one that dosen't have the problem (also just as likely)  But as we have found out, for most it's not an issue,if it becomes one, CGW already has a fix in the works..

Offline schmeky

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2018, 09:17:47 AM »
I just wanted to interject that based on the volume of P-07/09's we see through our shop, plus the phone calls and emails we get on a regular basis about upgrades and general questions . . . . .

This issue never comes up.  We have only observed this is a very few limited situations, and has been based on a very unusual/inappropriate way of handling the pistol. 

I have no plans to install the new CGW parts in my own personal P-09.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2018, 04:19:34 PM »
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=80712.0

So all this without a thread on "potential major issues".  And it has NEVER happened on the P07 which has been out for almost 10 years? 

Offline Woffar

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2018, 04:20:25 PM »

If your hammer is crooked enough to rub the slide I would contact CZ USA.That is a warranty issue and they will fix that for you.
My mistake, it rubs the frame not the slide, but I'll still contact them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2018, 05:03:11 PM »
You guys just keep talking about P07's and you're gonna talk me right into another one.

All I saw at the gun show this weekend were black ones and I'm thinking a different color than black, this time.  I've got three black ones (P07 and two P09's) now.  Well, except for the cerakoted slides on the two with RMR's on them.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline badwrench

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2018, 09:24:08 PM »
You guys just keep talking about P07's and you're gonna talk me right into another one.

All I saw at the gun show this weekend were black ones and I'm thinking a different color than black, this time.  I've got three black ones (P07 and two P09's) now.  Well, except for the cerakoted slides on the two with RMR's on them.

Know how you feel, took me a little while to find my OD green framed P07, which is going to be my EDC once my holster shows up, which now, may take awhile as the place that makes them is in North Carolina.... A few CGW parts, and it's ready to go.. I'm not even changing the sights on this one, the factory night sights are  dead one, and work well for me, if I get tired of 3 dot sights, (and they're not my favorite) about 30 seconds with a sharpie and they're one dot sights...

You know, I've been thinking (that's dangerous) but would'nt it be neat if CZ made a P07 in .45? You might have to scale the frame, slide up but with a 8rnd single stack mag the grip could  be kept close to the same.. They need a polymer framed .45 in the lineup, something about the size of a P07, maybe slightly larger would be great... I 'd bet you could use the same lockwork..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:54:11 PM by badwrench »

Offline DamnYankee

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:15 PM »
I?m thinking my G19 is going to be sold soon to pick up another P07. I had one a while back and foolishly sold it. I miss DA/SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »

My mistake, it rubs the frame not the slide, but I'll still contact them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Here you go woffer.... follow this and your problem is fixed.
I just copied this from the Tune and smooth thread, I posted this not long ago.......
Thought I would add this to this smoothing thread hopefully it helps somebody make their pistol better.
We all know on a P-09 & P07 that the hammer does rub the frame on the left side looking from the rear of the pistil.
I know many have sanded that area and Polished to minimize friction.

Well here's what I've done so far.
I disassembled including the hammer and stoned the left side of the frame and the metal block
( where the hammer touches the frame on the left side) then used 600 grit sandpaper wrapped around the stone without oil and then 1500 grit with oil  .
I stoned and then heavily polished the left side of the hammer where it meets the frame. I then reassembled everything except for the slide.
Still feeling a little bit of rubbing, I wedged 600 grit paper between the hammer and the frame by pushing the hammer to the right and Slide the paper in (smooth side of the Sandpaper against the hammer grit against the frame )
 and putting pressure on it,  squeeze the trigger slightly  so that the paper is snug but still can be moved I slid it back and forth numerous times.
I then did the same thing with 1500 grit paper numerous times. Then did the same thing again with the same 1500 grit with oil on it. ( All the sanding is done with slight pressure on the trigger to press the hammer toward the frame.)
GRITTY HAMMER AND PULL GONE...
I can't believe what a difference this process made in the smoothness of the DA pull.
Good luck..Doc
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

anything