Author Topic: Problem with P01 Omega  (Read 4782 times)

Offline marinedoc

Problem with P01 Omega
« on: October 18, 2018, 12:32:01 PM »
I was considering buying he CZ P01 Omega until I saw several people on U tube showing problem that they were having with the Po1 Omega involving the decocking mechanism resulting in failure to fire problems. This appeared to be starting in 2017 but someone posted that  they had purchased a gun in June 2018 and were still having that problem. Has CZ addressed and fixed that problem?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Problem with P01 Omega
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 03:31:20 PM »
Some of the members on this forum had issues with P01 Omegas made in 2017.

I didn't realized people with pistols made in 2018 were having issues.

I use the safeties on both of mine and haven't had an issue.  It's just the decocker set up that people had problems with.

There's an 18 or 20 page thread here on it.  Just do a search.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline del4c

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »
Marinedoc:

When posting ,   please do your research first before putting this information out    " Failure to fire"

That was`nt the right description- do your research a little more.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 07:17:59 PM »
Just buy a standard P-01 or a PCR. Best compact pistols around. Better than any striker fired S&W or block.

Offline christak

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 08:06:10 PM »
I have a 2018 P-01 Omega (91229) purchased in June 2018. It's been flawless. I also have a 2017 standard P-01 (91199). It has also been flawless. I prefer the flat trigger on the Omega, but I highly recommend either one. I've never had a malfunction of any kind with any of my 4 CZs...they are wonderful handguns.

Offline bigern314

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 01:09:05 PM »
I have a P-01 I bought last month and no FTF or malfunctions beyond a feed failure on the first mag I ran though it. 

Offline LPRoad

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »

I use the safeties on both of mine and haven't had an issue.  It's just the decocker set up that people had problems with.

I am considering a P-01 Omega as a lighter, higher capacity alternative to my edc Commander. Do you carry cocked and locked?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 06:17:13 PM »

I am considering a P-01 Omega as a lighter, higher capacity alternative to my edc Commander. Do you carry cocked and locked?

Yes, cocked and locked, just like my 1911.  Just like the P07/P09, the Pre B CZ85, the CZ75 Compacts.  Cocked and locked.  While I do switch from one carry pistol to another (depending on where I'm going, who I'm with, etc.) they all work the same way, cocked and locked.

That's why I bought the Omega P01's instead of the older version, so I could install the thumb safeties and carry them like my Colt 1911's.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

bonj

CZ 75 P01 Omega Convertible trigger not so robust
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
I just picked up my new CZ 75 P-01 Omega Convertible # 91229, cleaned it, changed the de-cocker to Safety and took it to the range where I shot 160 rounds through it and was surprised to find the trigger pull was noticeably different than my CZ 75 full size Omega Convertible. It feels long and crunchy in single action mode. It would seem the Sear is catching when looking at it from the rear of the cocked trigger. I can actually pull the trigger slightly, then let off, and the sear will stick and then drop after a couple of seconds! This doesn't seem right and probably has some defective or rough internals. I liked shooting it and had no issues, even the recoil wasn't bad. I was just expecting the same, if not even better trigger, than my full sized # 91136 Omega.

Offline Punk hzd

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 01:43:41 AM »
I bought a new cz 75 p01 omega in April 2020, I've taken it to the range twice, and tested the functions at home afew times like the decocker, and just had metal fall out and render the decocker useless. So I just switched it back to a safety. Seeing that a possible fire was only being decocked by a cheap piece of metal makes me think a decocker is more of a gimmick.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 04:41:15 AM »
I bought a new cz 75 p01 omega in April 2020, I've taken it to the range twice, and tested the functions at home afew times like the decocker, and just had metal fall out and render the decocker useless. So I just switched it back to a safety. Seeing that a possible fire was only being decocked by a cheap piece of metal makes me think a decocker is more of a gimmick.
If something broke CZ will repair or replace it under warranty. The decocker drops the hammer to the half cock or safety notch in the hammer so there is no way the gun could fire. Even if the hammer was able to fall all the way to battery the firing pin block would prevent firing unless some ham handed kitchen table gunsmith destroyed those features. The decocker is no "gimmick" and they are perfectly safe. Call CZ USA and let them handle your broken part for you.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 10:37:06 AM »
If something broke CZ will repair or replace it under warranty. The decocker drops the hammer to the half cock or safety notch in the hammer so there is no way the gun could fire. Even if the hammer was able to fall all the way to battery the firing pin block would prevent firing unless some ham handed kitchen table gunsmith destroyed those features. The decocker is no "gimmick" and they are perfectly safe. Call CZ USA and let them handle your broken part for you.

Spot on. A decocker is not a gimmick at all. Call CZ USA and get yours repaired under warranty.

Online Tanners Owner

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 10:28:59 PM »
Not doubting any reported problems, but my P01 Omega has been flawless before and after CGW did their magic to it. Mine is an early version, 2016 IIRC.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline puddintame

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 12:29:17 PM »
2018 here. bought it used before i knew about the possible issues. so far i've had none. great pistol with just a few mods. its now my HD gun, and i trust it 100%