Author Topic: NEW SP01 Shadowline 91168  (Read 11974 times)

Offline BG ARMORY

Re: NEW SP01 Shadowline 91168
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 08:28:51 PM »
What is the difference between this variant and a vanilla SP-01? Other than the obvious like grips and sights.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

looks like a shadow 2 grip profile with everything else being sp01 based....

Offline retteryer

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 09:39:39 PM »
Trigger,hammer,safety may be.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 08:15:41 AM »
Okay, so with some of the shooting sports in Europe, PRODUCTION means just that -- almost out of the box configuration.  People in USPSA are allowed to make all sort of mods to game up their so-called "production" guns that are not allowed in IPSC elsewhere in the world.

The ShadowLines are Shadows with some popular parts swaps/upgrades, but because CZ is installing the parts at the factory, it's still "Production" -- that is all these are.  Shadows with a few swaps of small parts.

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
Okay, so with some of the shooting sports in Europe, PRODUCTION means just that -- almost out of the box configuration.  People in USPSA are allowed to make all sort of mods to game up their so-called "production" guns that are not allowed in IPSC elsewhere in the world.

The ShadowLines are Shadows with some popular parts swaps/upgrades, but because CZ is installing the parts at the factory, it's still "Production" -- that is all these are.  Shadows with a few swaps of small parts.
If I'm not mistaken, Shadow Line is SAO and therefore cannot be used in Production class.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 08:19:09 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Shadow Line is SAO and therefore cannot be used in Production class.

You are mistaken.  ;)

DA/SA

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 09:06:52 PM »

You are mistaken.  ;)

DA/SA
That's why I qualified my assertion. I get these SP01 variants mixed. Maybe it's the Tactical Sport that is SAO.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »
Tac Sport and TSOrange are SAO. 

Other CZs that are SAO are typical noted in model name with "SA"

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »
Tac Sport and TSOrange are SAO. 

Other CZs that are SAO are typical noted in model name with "SA"
Thanks. All these custom variants just add to an already confusing CZ line up.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »

So are all of the standard Shadows assembled by CZ Customs?

Offline boxer4u

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »

No, most shadows are assembled by CZ.  When CZ Custom does custom work, they usually come up with a new SKU unless you send them your own shadow.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 10:42:30 PM »

No, most shadows are assembled by CZ.  When CZ Custom does custom work, they usually come up with a new SKU unless you send them your own shadow.
Then what makes the Shadowline different, other than a few parts? IDescribe mentions parts installed by CZ to be production legal. If std Shadows are built by CZ, why aren't they ipsc legal as well?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 12:02:01 AM »
I have a 75 Shadow Line (91166). It's a great pistol with a really nice trigger.

I'm not sure the 75 models sold particularly well. I bought it new at a discounted price, several years ago.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 07:21:26 AM »

Then what makes the Shadowline different, other than a few parts? IDescribe mentions parts installed by CZ to be production legal. If std Shadows are built by CZ, why aren't they ipsc legal as well?

Nothing makes the Shadowline different but for a few parts.

Standard Shadows are IPSC legal.  It's mods that aren't.  So if you have a Shadow for production, but you like that CZ-85 trigger, like so many people do, you can't use your 85 trigger on the Shadow. In USPSA those sorts of modifications are fine.  In IPSC they are not.

So the ShadowLine pistols are Shadows with a few factory mods so that they can be used in IPSC.  The ShadowLine got distributed to the U.S. during the 2012-2013 Shadow Shortage when there weren't enough Shadows available to meet U.S. demand.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 07:24:57 AM »

Nothing makes the Shadowline different but for a few parts.

Standard Shadows are IPSC legal.  It's mods that aren't.  So if you have a Shadow for production, but you like that CZ-85 trigger, like so many people do, you can't use your 85 trigger on the Shadow. In USPSA those sorts of modifications are fine.  In IPSC they are not.

So the ShadowLine pistols are Shadows with a few factory mods so that they can be used in IPSC.  The ShadowLine got distributed to the U.S. during the 2012-2013 Shadow Shortage when there weren't enough Shadows available to meet U.S. demand.
Thank you, that clears it up. A Shadow with popular mods installed by CZ. I previously thought the Shadowline was a lower end Shadow.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 04:14:12 PM »
Thank you, that clears it up. A Shadow with popular mods installed by CZ. I previously thought the Shadowline was a lower end Shadow.

[/quote]

My thoughts were the Shadowline meant the pistol had an aluminum frame. Guess not.