Author Topic: CGW Reach Reduction kit  (Read 189 times)

Offline abb1

CGW Reach Reduction kit
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
Hi, I have ordered a CGW Reach Reduction Kit for my Shadow 2, as this will be a huge help with my smaller hands. It looks like it comes with a Disconnector that has to be fitted. Not a problem, but I already HAVE a pre B disconnector installed with little to no pre travel in SA mode. Do I still need to install the CGW one for the reduced reach? Thanks
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom
CZ SP-01 Tactical

Offline Tok36

Re: CGW Reach Reduction kit
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
The CGW RRK is made up of two integral parts. An RRK disconector and a trigger with a DA pre-travle set scerw. The RRK disco moves the start of the DA rearward. The trigger holds the at rest DA trigger position rearward. Both parts are necessary.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline abb1

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 02:06:29 PM »
Ok, that is what I thought based on the amount of extra metal on that disco. Oh well...... looks like I will have to plan a day for the fitting when it comes in as I hear it is quite time consuming removing the metal from that particular Disco. I was hoping that I could avoid that.  Thanks
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom
CZ SP-01 Tactical

Offline schmeky

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 04:25:54 PM »
abb1,

Roughly 85% of the time, our disco drops in with no fitting.  If you are in the 15% category, don't worry, we'll be here to help.  Have not had anyone yet, with our assistance, that has not been able to do it.

Offline abb1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »
That is good to hear and good news. I had to do some minor adjustments to the disco that is in my Shadow 2 and it was a pain with installing and uninstalling til I got it just right. Didn’t want to go through that again.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom
CZ SP-01 Tactical

anything