Author Topic: S&W Thunder Ranch 44 spl.  (Read 4209 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: S&W Thunder Ranch 44 spl.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 04:07:51 PM »
Smith and Wesson customer service said they would be happy to send me a shipping label and replace the sight if it hadn't been tinkered with. They also had no idea what the correct height should be.  I found a sight adjustment computer thing on Brownell's site where you can list your sight rad. in inches the distance in inches to your target and how much you are high or low and it shows the adjustment needed. Now at least I have a general idea how tall it needs to be.

S&W does have a lifetime service policy which they seem to be pretty good at honoring.

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: S&W Thunder Ranch 44 spl.
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 08:31:15 PM »
Smith and Wesson customer service said they would be happy to send me a shipping label and replace the sight if it hadn't been tinkered with. They also had no idea what the correct height should be.  I found a sight adjustment computer thing on Brownell's site where you can list your sight rad. in inches the distance in inches to your target and how much you are high or low and it shows the adjustment needed. Now at least I have a general idea how tall it needs to be.

I shot it some more this afternoon after making a new sight and ended up with a height of .278" that's .165" taller than what came on the revolver it's dead on at 10 yards now.

Good deal, happy they offered to take care of you.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

anything