Author Topic: Frame cracked now what ?  (Read 2740 times)

Offline adrian

Re: Frame cracked now what ?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 12:37:35 AM »
     Hiya 8675309 and thx for re chiming in. Well I'm happy to hear that you at least have the compact to shoot with until you decide what to do with your cracked frame.
     If you tell us what model of cz it is,we promise to tell ya what upper will fit it. Since we are in the cz 40b/p area,but don't wanna assume its a 40b i.e.. if its a cz 75b, a cz 75b upper should fit, but if its a cz sp-01 then my guess you will need a cz sp-01 upper. If its a shadow in either model and if yours is not, the lack of a FPB may require a little adjustment,doable. And do check the want ads here,just in case.  And drop that email to cz-usa asking them,if they can sell you one and let them know the yr make and model of yours. I'd suggest even uploading your original receipt from 2007, being a loyal customer that many years might earn a discount.
     Mentioned that the low round count of 1000,but were those especially hot reloads that made for it or run of the mill? Hang in there, might take a few weeks to get what you need delivered. And what ever you are using to access this forum,should work fine for sending cz -usa the email. Be well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:11:38 AM by adrian »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 07:02:11 AM »
It's a 40P, you can tell from the pic.

Offline 8675309

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »
It's a 40P, you can tell from the pic.
Its a 40P
I didnt shoot it much because most of the time I owned it was during the reign of Prez. Butt Naked.
I was more concerned about building up a hoard in those dark years. This I did well, getting free brass and lead out of the desert.
I am older now and I am using my stash because I dont want to move it when/if I downsize. As long as it can be replaced I dont have time to worry about it. Imagine getting pulled over in a uhaul with 10's of 1000's of rds.

Offline adrian

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »
     Hiya and thx for rechiming in on the model of the cracked frame,the 40p, you referenced another steel framed gun that you own thinking it may work,but it didn't fit, what model was that? Possible it might be compatible,but may just need minor filing to work proper. I'd imagine if you search the web a quality used one should be quite reasonable in cost. Good luck. Be well.