Author Topic: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet  (Read 64815 times)

Offline joerchi69

Re: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »
Just for loughs and giggles try to convert your Shadow to SA using TS original hammer. I have the same Kadet, bought used, manufactured in 95, with round FP. Ended up moding about everything. New style chizzle head FP, moded retaining plate, extractor, ejector etcetc. If you have original SADA hammer, examine if hammer hits upper part of Kadet. CZ SA hammer https://www.cz-spare.parts/cz-hammer-sa-sw-ts-cz while it works well in 9mm, hits Kadet FP little low. TS original hits right where it should hit. Also- TS original weighs 1 gram (dunno about your Imperial stuff) and mass seems to matter. Alot. Lighter hammer seems to lack good old oomph. Heavier hammer all things being equal, dents the primer kinda more deeply. I am using 13 pound (DUH your Imperial) hammer spring just to be sure, but even 11 ignites SB SV about 100 percent. Besides TS hammer is much more better made than Shadow one.
 Just my metric 2 cents:) Greetings from Estonia.

Hello Andres,
thank you for the references using and modifying the Kadet !
From the shop from your link i also got spare parts from. Ordering the heavier TS hammer i follow you is the right action for the oomph. It is more then hundred Euros to get it on my table. For now i put in on my wishlist. Is the link the hammer you go for ?
The SA conversion is done. The hammer of my shadow 1 where i run the Kadet2 kit on it (chisel style tip FP), hits the FP end and its retaining plate first. Maybe the upper got touched also a little bit in the end of the movement. I was ignoring that widely until now. Thanks for bringing that into focus !
Wat kind of mods you made to your retaining plate, extractor, ejector ?

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2020, 09:10:26 AM »
SP-01 Shadow hammer hitting slide housing (upper) on kadet2 conversion kit

Hammer hits the FP end and its retaining plate first ? Maybe the slide housing gets then touched also a little bit in the end of the movement ?

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2020, 09:37:05 AM »
The work on improofing the dents in the rimfire brass gets more dental.  ::)
Colouring the area with contact points indicating spray..

Prosthetic work occlusion spray

sprayed on in minty condition

contact points after one hammer fall, yes, the upper is stricken

contact points after 5 hammer falls, just wanted to try if there is a difference, which is not obviously

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:49:16 AM by joerchi69 »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2020, 11:08:04 AM »
had a tool with just the right width around to work with, then
check 1 markings, dentally conclusion:

still a little hammer overbite

just a little more clearing
then
a minty fresh layer marking spray

check 2 markings

Successfull neutral occlusion - normal hammer bite.  ::)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:41:39 PM by joerchi69, Reason: orth. »

Offline Andres B

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2020, 02:04:00 AM »
 TS hammer is the older style, https://www.ipscstore.com/et/cz-75-tactical-sports/505-cz-75-ts-kukk.html , it is about 1 gram heavier than CZ SA hammer, by added bonus it makes racking the slide easier compared to stock hammer. Also makes trigger MUCH better, compared to stock.
Basically I made same mods mentioned in this thread. Also made FP protrude little more from the retaining plate by chamfering FP part, which rests against retaining plate. And retaining plate corresponding surface.
 Ejector mod was probly in the same forum? Reshaping it, so spent casings will eject higher. Thats about it.

Cheers

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2020, 03:22:12 PM »
Good results.

Does the CCI SV leave a lot of wax on the feed ramp? I can't tell from the picture.

Hello Painter thanks for asking,
why are you asking especially for that?
Yes there is some dirt. Like on the other areas who are visible on the picture.  Next time i will try to examine what kind of dirt it is. Are you suspect the dirt from the feed ramp to provoke light strikes ? Like getting between rim and chamber face ? Or inhibit the cartridge getting fully seated ?
The CCI SV I have is very waxy. Most of it is several years old, and bought for too much money...lol.

Sometimes you'll see chunks of wax break loose. I think they come from the feed ramp, because in Bullseye league we have to use OBI's before anyone goes down range, and I think those pieces are loosened up by the OBI being inserted. My theory is those chunks get between the rim and the chamber face and cause light hits.

Next time you clean your kit, use a toothpick, and see if the residue is waxy. You can scrape it off, and it will stick together in clumps. It will also build up on the breech face, and partially block the firing pin hole.

Here we use something like Open Bolt Indicators (OBI) or Empty Chamber Indicators (ECI). It is a plastic thread from a brushcutter we stick in the barrel.
It has to be seen on both ends. It`s thinness maybe helps to prevent loosening chunks ? Removed from a spool it is curved what helps to thread in the barrel from the chamber side without touching residue. Or put in from the front it just comes out of the ejection port.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:14:04 PM by joerchi69 »

Offline painter

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2020, 03:31:59 PM »
I've used that as well as a long zip tie, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

By the time you get to 3-400 rounds, it needs a cleaning.

I can live with that.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »
TS hammer is the older style, https://www.ipscstore.com/et/cz-75-tactical-sports/505-cz-75-ts-kukk.html , it is about 1 gram heavier than CZ SA hammer, by added bonus it makes racking the slide easier compared to stock hammer. Also makes trigger MUCH better, compared to stock.
 Cheers

Hello Andres B,

so wich one of both mentioned hammers you recomend for better rimfire ignition ?

https://www.cz-spare.parts/cz-hammer-sa-sw-ts-cz
or
https://www.ipscstore.com/et/cz-75-tactical-sports/505-cz-75-ts-kukk.html

Thanks

Offline Andres B

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »
Second one.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »
Second one.
Thanks for the quik response!

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2020, 03:35:28 PM »
Second one.
Thanks for the quik response!

That hammer they write it is part no 16 and it is the same in the shadow 1 and Tactical Sport .40 sw.
Simplyfiying for me it is the same hammer wich is my shadow 1 frame already equipped and i use my kadet conversion kit with.

https://www.ipscstore.com/catalogs/ipscstore_czsp01shadow_ts40sw_oemparts.pdf

Offline Andres B

« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »
 Nope. TS and Shadow use different hammers.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2020, 11:56:31 AM »
Nope. TS and Shadow use different hammers.

Orderd the recomended TS hammer for affordable 28,10 Dollar / 24,90 Euro inclu shipping in Europe. It is an offer at the present.

https://www.ipscstore.com/en/cz-75-tactical-sports/505-cz-75-ts-hammer.html
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 02:14:10 PM by joerchi69 »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2020, 12:09:43 PM »
65 shots without lightstrikes or other issues on a "one hand 50 Meter Bullseye match". RWS Target Rifle ammo. Was my second retry on that distance.. Average was a 6,6 ..  ::)
 Regardless of the results i like the exercise.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:32:32 AM by joerchi69, Reason: FP4,Wolff hammer spring 17 lb »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »
Hello Painter,
thanks for posting. The inner diameter (ID) should be 2,7-2,8 mm following the firing pin and the original spring?
Thanks for using the metric switch on your sliding caliper. In wich i write down the findings (dimensions offer without obligation).

Original              CGW              ball pen                           possible fromto    looking for from to
length             33                    28,5               24                                  24 - 33                24-33       
wire dia           0,5                   0,38               0,3      (size of material)     0,4 - 0,2              0,3 - 0,25       
OD                  3,85                 3,77               4,1                                 3,3 - 4,1              3,4 - 3,9
ID                   2,8         approx.2,8(+)            3,45                                2,8 - 3,4              2,8 - 3,4
coil count         27                    20                 12                                  10  -  33              12  -  25

Harvesting a few ball pen springs i may report that not all fit in the FP channel because of the outer diameter. The choosen one i stretched a little to have more tension for keeping the retaining plate in place. I was asking myself if the inner diameter is also a sort of assisting guidance to hold the FP in a defined place to hit the rimfire constantly in the exact same place. But then i decided that the necking in the end of the channel will guide the FP tip mainly.

mm to inch conversion chart
https://mdmetric.com/tech/cvtcht.htm

Leesprings.de was so kind to send me a preselection list.Already set variables are OD with maximum 3,9mm, ID minimum 2,7mm and length from 23-33mm.
First part of the list from where i choosed :

I marked the 4 springs i am interested to try instead of the ball pen spring i actually use.