Author Topic: Well, this is interesting, I am asked to test a new SD round- update part TWO!!  (Read 6350 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
We didn't notice any setback, but we have a limited amount of ammo to use.
BTW...part two should be filming tomorrow.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
We didn't get it done that day but a few days later, as my partner in this video came down sick. So, back to the original post and you can find the second video. It was fun, hope you like it.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Thanx for making and posting the follow-up video.  My original conclusion is hence re-inforced.

I think I'll stick to the .45 ACP when I want to shoot 185 grain Bullets.
My preference for the 124 and 135 grain Bullet weights in 9mm remains.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

holidaypf

1. Expensive
2. Over-penetration
3. Little expansion
4. Keyholing

Not seeing the upside here. Glad you tested it for us!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
You are more than welcome, was fun to do so...my first ever ammo test.

Offline RSR

Active Self Protection facebook will be doing a test.  Armoredman -- you might want to link to this test over there: https://www.facebook.com/ActiveSelfProtection/photos/a.293189807455473/2247441312030303/

EDIT: ASP is located in Phoenix, AZ -- y'all might want to collaborate on a Round 3!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 10:56:59 PM by RSR »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Hmm, never heard of them. I am willing to bet they don't want to "work" with an amateur like me. :) I just know we had poor luck, but if I get some more opportunities I still have several rounds left.

Offline RSR

He puts up a fair amount of self-defense shooting videos on facebook for lessons learned.  Watch a couple a week for a few years now.

Info on the founder who does the vids: https://activeselfprotection.com/our-owner-and-founder-john-correia/

Apparently does some LE training, including some sort of video training listed on his bio.

Never hurts to connect!