Author Topic: 455 scope ring question  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Dink

455 scope ring question
« on: June 29, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »
Hi guys, I have a 455 thumbhole varmint 22lr ordered. Gonna put a Weaver Classic V16 on it. Any suggestions on rings to order for it? Can I get by with medium rings or will I need high? Thanks for any info

Offline eastman

Re: 455 scope ring question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 07:10:01 PM »
try putting the rifle in a level support and use two stacks of quarters to hold up the scope to give bolt handle clearance. The height of the stack will tell you which height to buy.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Dink

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »
Found out the hard way not to put 3/8 rimfire rings on this outfit. Creeped all over the place. Settled on some Talley high rings Talley recomends for this rifle. Thanks for your input Eastman

Offline Stockholm61

• Hunting is the most expensive way to free food
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »
Hi guys, I have a 455 thumbhole varmint 22lr ordered. Gonna put a Weaver Classic V16 on it. Any suggestions on rings to order for it? Can I get by with medium rings or will I need high? Thanks for any info

I guess that you are done with the scope mounting, but I have allways used Sportmach rings, they comes with recoil pins and they works like a sharm, a bit expensive but there is few that you can match them with.
CZ 455 Tacticool/Bushnell Engage 6-24
CZ 557 Syntetic Sport/Sig Sauer Whisky 5
Tikka T3x Lite Adj/Sig Sauer Whiskey 5
Benelli M2
Bettinsoli Overland

Offline timetofly

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 08:56:40 PM »
Someplace there is an excel spreadsheet that lists various CZ rifles , scopes and rings on it.  For the life of me I can't remember where to look for it.  Maybe someone else has seen it?
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline edrabara

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 10:35:49 PM »
Someplace there is an excel spreadsheet that lists various CZ rifles , scopes and rings on it.  For the life of me I can't remember where to look for it.  Maybe someone else has seen it?
You can find the info at Rimfire Central in the CZ/BRNO section. There's a sticky covering scopes/rings.