Author Topic: Maxxtech or geco 9mm ammo  (Read 510 times)

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: Maxxtech or geco 9mm ammo
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »
Sure looks like all brass FMJ to me.

And the cases I have in the reloading room hanging from a magnet sure look like brass too.  :o
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong?

Check out my reloading equipment for sale CLICK HERE

Offline painter

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2019, 07:33:42 PM »

And the cases I have in the reloading room hanging from a magnet sure look like brass too.  :o
Just to clarify...the bullets were brass plated steel jacketed. The cases are brass.

It all looked like brass.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »

Just to clarify...the bullets were brass plated steel jacketed. The cases are brass.

Please,
Case and bullet jacket is non-magnetic. Scratched through, Bullet jacket is either solid brass or solid copper. Hey, if you'd rather sort through bogus cases and re-load the decent ones I understand. I'd rather spend my limited time at the range with good 9mm ammo I can buy in bulk for <16 cents/rnd.  Geco made by RUAG IMHO is one of the good ones. O0  YMMV
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline eastman

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 11:38:18 PM »
Please,
Case and bullet jacket is non-magnetic. Scratched through, Bullet jacket is either solid brass or solid copper. Hey, if you'd rather sort through bogus cases and re-load the decent ones I understand. I'd rather spend my limited time at the range with good 9mm ammo I can buy in bulk for <16 cents/rnd.  Geco made by RUAG IMHO is one of the good ones. O0  YMMV

sometimes that is correct, but I have been to ranges that magnet test the customer ammo. I've seen several boxes of Geco fail the test.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 06:11:31 AM »
Please,

sometimes that is correct, but I have been to ranges that magnet test the customer ammo. I've seen several boxes of Geco fail the test.
So, apparently GECO does make some magnetic rounds.
The 115gr and 124gr GECO I have purchased in bulk is NON-MAGNETIC. It's good ammo. Accurate, clean, consistent. I understand GECO is popular in IPSC competition.

If you buy new factory ammo, not reloaded GECO cases, from a reputable supplier like SGAmmo, they will confirm if it's non-magnetic IF you're concerned about that.

"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline painter

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 06:51:55 PM »

Please,
The case of ammo I bought was many years ago. The bullets were definitely steel jacketed, with a brass plating. Glad to hear they've gone to brass jackets.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.