Author Topic: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.  (Read 43065 times)

Offline Rmach

Re: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 08:31:48 PM »
Installation of the second CZ75b MCARBO kit will be delayed. I wanted to install it this afternoon, but closer inspection of my polished stainless CZ75b revealed that the stock trigger pin has large flares on both ends and should not be reused IMO.  A new CGW floating pin is on order.
Didn't your 75B have a flared trigger pin as well?

Yes it did, but only on one end, so reusing it was ok.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 08:35:49 PM »
Installation of the second CZ75b MCARBO kit will be delayed. I wanted to install it this afternoon, but closer inspection of my polished stainless CZ75b revealed that the stock trigger pin has large flares on both ends and should not be reused IMO.  A new CGW floating pin is on order.

Did you buy it new?

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 10:55:15 AM »
The OP obviously likes the springs over stock, but seems like the confusion comes in when the MCARBO springs are compared to CGW springs by another poster. He is saying he wasn't impressed compared to CGW, not over stock.

Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline Rmach

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »

Did you buy it new?

Yes, brand new, it's a 2018 model.  Someone at the factory decided to flare each end of the trigger pin for some reason. Maybe it was walking out during the test fire, who knows. I hope it comes out fairly easy.  I'll use a 1/16 roll pin punch on it to get it started out.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:38:29 AM by Rmach »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 11:41:40 AM »
I actually meant the first 75b. If it was used and the pin had been previously removed, that could explain why only one end was flared. Not to say that they never come that way from the factory, they certainly do on occasion. I saw in another reply that you bought it new, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Rmach

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 11:47:48 AM »
I actually meant the first 75b. If it was used and the pin had been previously removed, that could explain why only one end was flared. Not to say that they never come that way from the factory, they certainly do on occasion. I saw in another reply that you bought it new, thanks.

Both were new, the black CZ75b is a 2016 model.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »

All CZ's that I know of have both ends flared. The trigger pins are not meant to be re-used unless you can figure out how to re-flare them at home.
They do this to prevent the trigger pins from walking out the side of the frame.

So you're likely to need a CGW trigger pin.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »

All CZ's that I know of have both ends flared. The trigger pins are not meant to be re-used unless you can figure out how to re-flare them at home.
They do this to prevent the trigger pins from walking out the side of the frame.

So you're likely to need a CGW trigger pin.

Thanks, I was just starting to think that about both ends being flared, but I wasn't sure.  My other one sure seemed like it was just one end by looking at the ends.  That factory pin is holding through 400rds so far, no movement yet. I didn't flare the leading end after reinstalling it.  The videos I saw on Youtube didn't either, so we will see how that one holds up.

Anyway, this stainless 75b has large flares on both ends. I already ordered a CGW floating pin that should get here by Friday.  I just don't want to take it apart before I have that new pin.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 05:23:50 PM »
I usually use a starter punch to get the trigger pin started. Be careful with a std punch as it may get stuck.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »
I usually use a starter punch to get the trigger pin started. Be careful with a std punch as it may get stuck.

Thanks, I'll do that first to get it in past that large flare.

Offline OhShoot

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 05:38:24 PM »
bought 2 MACRBO kits one for my Cz PCR Compact and one for my Cz Compact. Installed both kits did not install the sear spring in the PCR being it was a decoker polished all the trigger parts in the PCR . Did not polish any parts in the manual safety steel frame Cz Compact. Added the CGW floating trigger pin in both bought 1  roll pin for the firing pin retaining pin . Ck with digital trigger gauge PCR DA 7 pounds and 3 oz single action 3 pounds . Cz Compact manual safety steel frame DA 7 pounds single action 3 pounds . What a big difference from stock well worth what I spent I for one are very happy with it triggers are smooth now the PCR is even smoother guess because I polished all the internals .went to the range this week shot 400 rounds through the PCR NOT one hiccup at all shot 350 rounds through the steel manual safety NOT one hiccup what so ever , so for me I am a very happy with my purchase.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:00:10 PM by OhShoot »

Offline OhShoot

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2019, 05:42:40 PM »

Offline Rmach

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2019, 05:44:00 PM »
Great to hear that. My floating trigger pin will be here Saturday, so I can then install my 2nd MCARBO kit in my other CZ75b.

Offline maleante

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2019, 11:49:25 PM »
I put the MCarbo kit (only trigger return spring and mainspring) in a brand new Phantom. Before the install I had a CGW reduced power trigger return spring and CGW blue 13# mainspring.

With a CZ competition hammer, 2.5mm canik trigger pin, and CZ UB Shadow 0.0 disconnecter, and after rounding and polishing the hammer strut, the DA weight increased with the MCarbo springs...

Read more here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/-/37-190591/?

Offline Rmach

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 12:26:25 AM »
I put the MCarbo kit (only trigger return spring and mainspring) in a brand new Phantom. Before the install I had a CGW reduced power trigger return spring and CGW blue 13# mainspring.

With a CZ competition hammer, 2.5mm canik trigger pin, and CZ UB Shadow 0.0 disconnecter, and after rounding and polishing the hammer strut, the DA weight increased with the MCarbo springs...

Read more here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/-/37-190591/?

I'm curious, why would you install two of the MCARBO springs if you already had lighter CGW springs installed?

anything