Author Topic: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.  (Read 42738 times)

Offline maleante

Re: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2019, 12:43:43 AM »
I'm a curious person too... I wanted to see how they compared.

I put the MCarbo kit (only trigger return spring and mainspring) in a brand new Phantom. Before the install I had a CGW reduced power trigger return spring and CGW blue 13# mainspring.

With a CZ competition hammer, 2.5mm canik trigger pin, and CZ UB Shadow 0.0 disconnecter, and after rounding and polishing the hammer strut, the DA weight increased with the MCarbo springs...

Read more here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/-/37-190591/?

I'm curious, why would you install two of the MCARBO springs if you already had lighter CGW springs installed?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2019, 06:21:16 AM »
I'm a curious person too... I wanted to see how they compared.

I put the MCarbo kit (only trigger return spring and mainspring) in a brand new Phantom. Before the install I had a CGW reduced power trigger return spring and CGW blue 13# mainspring.

With a CZ competition hammer, 2.5mm canik trigger pin, and CZ UB Shadow 0.0 disconnecter, and after rounding and polishing the hammer strut, the DA weight increased with the MCarbo springs...

Read more here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/-/37-190591/?

I'm curious, why would you install two of the MCARBO springs if you already had lighter CGW springs installed?
Did the Shadow disco cause reset issues or did you delete the fpb?

Offline maleante

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2019, 09:19:23 AM »
Did the Shadow disco cause reset issues or did you delete the fpb?

The FPB is still in the gun.

The SA reset feels like a micron of forward movement after trigger break. I need to remove a bit more material on the inside of the "hook" of the disco. It's not safe for my needs.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2019, 07:31:55 PM »
Ok, the second CZ75b MCARBO kit is installed in my polished stainless CZ75b. This was an easier install once you have some practice. The large flared trigger pin came out easily, and it looked like I could reuse it, but I installed the CGW floating pin.

The end results are very impressive, just as my other 75b was. My digital luggage scale attached to a coat hanger says SA is at ~3lbs and DA is at ~7.7lbs. No polishing or cleaning done, just remove and replace. This trigger on the stainless gun has very little creep compared to my other 75b.  So this trigger has a little more pull weight in SA and DA than the other one, but due to less creep than the other one, feels better to me.  Both triggers are big improvement over stock.

I'll run 200rds through it Monday, and then go back Tuesday or wednesday and run another 200rds.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:40:49 PM by Rmach »

Offline Rmach

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2019, 05:05:03 PM »
This was the first range visit with the 2nd MCARBO kit installed in my polished stainless CZ75b. Ran 100rds of S&B and 100 of Blazer Brass, all 115gr. Everything fired without a problem.  The range had a poor selection of paper targets today. Picture is the primer strikes on the two boxes of S&B.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:51:30 AM by Rmach »

Offline maleante

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 08:19:12 AM »
Use this 20% OFF coupon code at checkout: 911 Never Forget

Shop M*CARBO Gun Parts & Accessories and Save 20% Now! *Sale ends Tonight 9/11/19 at Midnight(EST)*

Offline Rmach

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 09:50:28 AM »
Use this 20% OFF coupon code at checkout: 911 Never Forget

Shop M*CARBO Gun Parts & Accessories and Save 20% Now! *Sale ends Tonight 9/11/19 at Midnight(EST)*

Thanks, I did use it for another kit.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 06:18:53 PM »
Second range visit (4th overall) with MCARBO kit installed in my CZ75b polished stainless. Ran 200rds of 115gr Blazer Brass with no problems.

So in the last two weeks, I installed a MCARBO kit in my black CZ75b and in my CZ75b polished stainless, and went to the range four times firing 200rds for each visit with no light strikes or problems.  I have a third kit on its way for my Canik C100 or another CZ75b I'm eyeing right now.

Attached pic. from 15yds today:

Offline jokester945

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
Thanks for the review, just ordered my kit, at $25 delivered I couldn't see a downside. I do plan to get an extended firing pin (depending) and of course the floating pin. The floating pin will be a must because I want the short-reach kit too. I guess my one question is what is the weight on the hammer spring?

Offline Rmach

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2019, 01:30:18 PM »
Thanks for the review, just ordered my kit, at $25 delivered I couldn't see a downside. I do plan to get an extended firing pin (depending) and of course the floating pin. The floating pin will be a must because I want the short-reach kit too. I guess my one question is what is the weight on the hammer spring?
[/quote

They don't list the spring weights. I guess they would tell you if you emailed them or called.

Offline jokester945

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2019, 12:25:08 PM »
So, I did actually find a big downside, at least for me. Apparently, this kit doesn't work on the 75BD so back to CGW springs for me.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
So, I did actually find a big downside, at least for me. Apparently, this kit doesn't work on the 75BD so back to CGW springs for me.

It works in a PCR w/decocker. That's what another reviewer posted at the MCARBO website on his PCR w/decocker, just didn't install the sear spring. Is the sear spring different in the 75bd or other decocker models? I have no idea, all my CZ's have safeties.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:19:56 PM by Rmach »

Offline Mojo873

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2019, 05:47:42 PM »

I have installed this kit in my CZ SP-01 Tactical but have not shot it yet but everything seems to function well. Looking to try it in the range this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jokester945

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »
Well maybe I'll still give it a shot. I would really like to!

Offline viking499

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2019, 07:23:15 PM »

It should work on the BD.

anything