Author Topic: DWX prices and availability  (Read 46871 times)

Offline Rigidman

DWX prices and availability
« on: November 03, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »
I didn't go through the whole thread yet, got to go back and read it through. Was searching for CZs and found the DWX for $1500ish. Not sure if they actually had them for sale yet, if it was a tease. Think it was the compact version.

Actually spaced it off till I saw this thread. It was some online gun sales site. So fingers crossed. Will read thread from start to finish. Sorry if I stole someone's thunder.

Offline Earl Keese

Re: DWX prices and availability
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 08:46:03 PM »
I didn't go through the whole thread yet, got to go back and read it through. Was searching for CZs and found the DWX for $1500ish. Not sure if they actually had them for sale yet, if it was a tease. Think it was the compact version.

Actually spaced it off till I saw this thread. It was some online gun sales site. So fingers crossed. Will read thread from start to finish. Sorry if I stole someone's thunder.
No need to read through the entire thread, most of these deals expire. Also, the DWX won't actually hit the market until sometime next year. . .we hope.

Offline Rigidman

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 09:14:11 PM »

No need to read through the entire thread, most of these deals expire. Also, the DWX won't actually hit the market until sometime next year. . .we hope.

That's what I thought but it was there, with a price tag. I'll go back through my history and bookmarks. Will post it no matter what it is. I looked at it drooling, mouth agape. Saying crap, crap, crap, because it's out of my price range.

Offline Rigidman

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 12:17:53 AM »
Ok I found it. Completely by accident.

https://oakhillguns.com/dan-wesson-dwx-9mm.html

I have no idea why it's listed already. Nice price.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 09:55:55 AM by Grendel »

Offline BStill

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 05:41:04 AM »
"Out of Stock"

must be their way of taking pre-orders?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Offline Rigidman

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 11:25:35 PM »
So how many of you have your deposits in? Are you getting FS or compact? Read a post in the DWX thread about availability of improvement parts. Wonder if like most things, once it becomes popular that there will be more available for the DIYer.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 04:39:35 AM »
Read a post in the DWX thread about availability of improvement parts. Wonder if like most things, once it becomes popular that there will be more available for the DIYer.

It appears the guns share parts with CZ as well as 1911's so there are already some parts available. At the price point these guns will hit the shelves at I would hope they don't need much improvement. My 3 Dan Wesson 1911's are the only 1911's of many I've owned that didn't come out of the box in need of something.

Offline Rigidman

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 07:26:28 AM »
Read a post in the DWX thread about availability of improvement parts. Wonder if like most things, once it becomes popular that there will be more available for the DIYer.

It appears the guns share parts with CZ as well as 1911's so there are already some parts available. At the price point these guns will hit the shelves at I would hope they don't need much improvement. My 3 Dan Wesson 1911's are the only 1911's of many I've owned that didn't come out of the box in need of something.

Yes, but it also says that there are proprietary parts specifically made to be unique to the DWX.

Offline Redeker

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »
Not available, but another price point of reference.

https://www.riflegear.com/p-11859-dan-wesson-dwx-9mm-pistol.aspx

Offline ams

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 11:11:05 AM »
Brownell's was taking back orders so I put in mine.  Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. 

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 03:14:48 PM »
The good thing is that stores are starting taking back orders, which means production is in progress  :D
I'm waiting for DWX-C-9MM .. this one will be my "1911 for lefty"  8)

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »
I wish I was there this year...

Offline eastman

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 10:20:56 PM »
I have a full sized .40 on order. Expected in May.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 10:24:10 PM »

Congrats- eagerly awaiting your range report
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline aandabooks

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 10:29:26 PM »

I haven't seen anything for an expected release date yet.  Where did you get the May timeframe from?  I have my dealer on alert to get one if as soon as they become available from one of his distributors.