Author Topic: Fitting a Shadow 2 Kadet kit  (Read 520 times)

Offline Oldbear

Fitting a Shadow 2 Kadet kit
« on: January 21, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »
My new Shadow 2 Kadet fits on the frame, BUTit is so tight that when the slide is pulled rearward (cocking the hammer) the slide does NOTreturn forward.  You can manually “push” and make it go back, but the pistol isn’t operable as is.   Does anyone have instructions/guidance for fitting the .22 kit, and is this normal for ‘19 production pistol and kit?  Thanks!

Offline GBUS

Re: Fitting a Shadow 2 Kadet kit
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:30:41 PM »
Work it by hand a bit and then strip it and check that it’s assembled correctly nothing out of place then look for the spots it’s rubbing to determine where it’s tights and go from there.

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 05:28:41 PM »
That’s what I wound up doing.  Hit the shine spots lightly with a dremel, smoked the shine metal and reassembled, cycles a few times, disassemble, and repeat.   Took me abou 20 minutes but now all is good👍

Offline sax422

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 05:03:10 PM »
Oldbear are you seeing any feeding issues or getting into battery issues?  My kit was also difficult to rack but im not reliable yet.   tiny polish and throat helped a bunch but i think i need a bit more. 

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
So far so good.  I think I need to clean it up just a bit.  I’ve put two mags through it and had a couple failures to fully go into battery.   Seems to be accurate too😊

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 04:51:17 PM »
Got out again today and I’m still having failure to go fully into battery30-40% of the time.   Pistol is VERY accurate just isn’t always going fully into battery.   What say you?   More polishing, try different spring or?   I’ve been trying Federal Champion ammo.    I’ve polished rail areas showing contact (shiny) but it appears that very small area is still getting the “shiny” look.   I don’t want to remove more than needed.   Love they way it shoots but gotta get the reliability up.   Thanks for advice/ suggestions!

Offline eastman

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 07:00:41 PM »
If you have a bottle of Dykem Blue (layout fluid), you can use that to see exactly where it is still making contact
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 12:58:27 PM »
Been doing it with smoke, blacking the shiny spots, fitting, cycling, polish, and repeat.   Guess this is still a work in progress😏