Author Topic: Rami still no good after warranty work  (Read 6746 times)

Offline slowmover

Rami still no good after warranty work
« on: February 07, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
Bought a new Rami. Worked well for 200 rounds or so then started messing up. Failure to feed, failure to eject ect. I sent it in for repair and got it returned with the same repairs as others on here got, extended throat, adjusted breach face lead in ,ect ect. Went to the range and TRIED to fire 100 but had a dozen of the same problems but mostly failure to eject. So I guess its going back again. At this point I need either a refund or new gun. I've researched this and seen all the possible remedies including ridiculous ideas that "oh you have to change the recoil spring every 400 rounds"Are you kidding me? What kind of modern gun requires that? I have a 1911 Colt I got in the 80s that has 10k rounds with the original spring. Same with a Sig 239. And if that was true why wouldn't CZ have thrown one in when they repaired it?''you have to put Wolff magazine springs in'' ''Try this, do that" I don't get it. And yes it happens with different ammo mfgs.and 3 different magazines. I will let you know what happens. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 04:59:37 PM by slowmover »

Offline Raven45

Re: Rami still no good after warrenty work
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »
Really . . . . . this i your FIRST post?

What have you even tried to remedy the situation?  Different magazines?  Different ammo?  What is the specific nature of your mode of failure?  Have any other shooters tried the pistol and experienced similar issues?

Pretty hard to get enthused in trying to help with the information (and attitude) provided.

But I might be wrong.

Offline slowmover

Re: Rami still no good after warranty work
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 05:05:40 PM »
As I stated, yes 3 different magazines, yes different ammo , yes to remedy it I sent it to the remedy people and yes I stated failure to extract and failure to feed. So.....?

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 05:14:37 PM »
Sorry to hear you are having problems with the new Rami.  I'm on my 2nd Rami and have not had any problems/malfunctions.  I did change out the trigger to the "old" style and put on XS Big Dot sights.  I'm not saying do this or that, however I cleaned both Rami's with an old toothbrush and Hoppes #9 and also broke down the mags and did the same to them before firing the guns. I also use Slip 2000 EWG grease on the rails.  I'm not saying you should do this, just that it has/does work for my Rami.  I usually shoot Fiocchi, S&B, Speer Lawman, PMC for range ammo. You didn't say if you did a real good cleaning before using the gun.  Keep us posted and there is a Rami specific section on the board to discuss the Rami.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 05:15:22 PM »
Have you asked CZ-USA for a new pistol instead of an additional repair? You are in the US, right? We have had two RAMIs here with no issues - my wife has the first RAMI west of the Mississippi and will never give that one up.
If you are dealing with CZ-USA I'd ask politely for a new gun if possible, or credit towards a different one, like a P-10S.

Offline slowmover

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 05:38:17 PM »
Thanks.Sorry for the rude entrance but I’m a little miffed at this as I am an old man and have purchased many new guns in my time. I will see what they say. I sent them photos of the cases not ejecting and I would have thought they would replace the extractor but they are the experts.At first I suspected the Sig 124 Gr V-Crowns but it happens with SB, Winchester and others all FMJ.

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 11:05:26 PM »
My first one had issues only with 14 rounder. Sent back also for grip issues, and they replaced without issue or comment though I think more to replace the frame. Works great now.

I think the 500 round thing is overblown. It won't stop working that quick, but you might replace the spring when your brass gets flung far.

Offline THarbison

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 04:18:47 AM »
^ What Ruber said. Any new pistol, but especially CZs since they come packed with grease from the factory. I remove the grips and any plastic parts, field strip and dunk the entire weapon in a bucket of Hoppes #9 over night, keeping any night sights above the surface. This dissolves and removes any solidified cosmoline from all the nooks and crannies inside the weapon so it will run.

After it’s soaked long enough, blow out with compressed air and allow to air dry before lubing. I use a grease lube, which stays where it’s needed rather than runs out of the gun over time. I use Slip 2000 EWG.

The majority of people who come on here with such complaints have never thoroughly cleaned their weapon from the factory.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:25:44 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline cousinmark

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
Sorry to hear your little RAMI came back from KS and isn't up to snuff. My personal suggestion would be to send her back again and request that the pistol be replaced UNLESS they can assure she will be dialed in correctly. The posts about soaking the little Czech beauty are correct. These pistols can be thoroughly coated with preservative grease. Since you paid for factory support though I'd let the kids in KS deal with it on principal...
I have talked with Cory Woods at CZ-USA, he's a Technical Support Gunsmith and was really helpful. I would suggest calling him first (if he's still there) and explaining your situation. If the intent is to use your RAMI for an EDC be clear about that and that you need one that is 100% reliable. I have over 2500 failure free rounds through mine, these little pistols can be reliable.
Good luck

Offline slowmover

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 10:39:48 AM »
I am in NW Indiana-The gun was clean when I got it and cleaned by me multiple times before the problem started and was cleaned by Cz repair.How to post photos here? My motorcycle forum has this exact same format but has an add photos option.They also want donations

Offline nevada72

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 10:51:12 AM »
I am in NW Indiana-The gun was clean when I got it and cleaned by me multiple times before the problem started and was cleaned by Cz repair.How to post photos here? My motorcycle forum has this exact same format but has an add photos option.They also want donations

You need to use a pic hosting site. The How To is in the "Important Information" section here -

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=93202.0

What motorcycle forum?

Offline slowmover

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 11:02:31 AM »
Wildguzzi for Motoguzzi motorcycles

Offline Stuart

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 03:59:30 PM »
Rami’s can be finicky depending on user and ammo.
Had a shooter shoot the first 50 in a session fine then start malfunctions. Failures to eject etc.
Shooter was relaxing grip ( not knowingly) from fatigue.
Short barreled guns with short spring recoil system can be just this way.

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 10:10:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about your problems.  I love CZ’s and have had great experience it’s my RAMI and 4 other CZ handguns.  In each case the pistol was deep cleaned and the i lubed ‘em up and they’ve al, ran like champs.   If you haven’t done so, try oiling her up pretty good, I run mine “wet” and they’ve been perfect.   If you try that and still have issues I’d definitely ship her back to CZ.  Include pictures showing the malfunctions if possible.   Emphasize this is to be an SD piece and nothing less than 100% reliable is good enough.   My little RAMI replaced a K....r that cost twice as much and in 400 rounds never made it through two consecutive mags without a failure.    I can’t believe that your problems are anything major with the RAMI (though like you I’d be torqued if I had the experience you’ve had.). Hang in there and let CZknow you must have it right-either repair or replace if it can’t be fixed.  I think they’ll take care of you.