Author Topic: Shadow 2 cherry is broken  (Read 2527 times)

Offline bradfordlh

Shadow 2 cherry is broken
« on: April 22, 2020, 02:35:19 PM »
just picked up my brand new CZ Shadow 2 yesterday. I took it to the outdoor range today and fired it for the first time  :) in the first mag of ten rounds I had a fail to eject  ??? But in the pistols defence all I had with me were reloads. Pistol felt great and the bull keep getting right in front of the barrel. The gun and I are bonding. However even after switching magazines  I still had several fail to eject. Seemed like the empty shell would come almost out of the breach but not quite. I had to remove the magazine and the slide would close pushing the spent shell back in so I had to rack the slide to eject it.  It came out no problem when I did that. ::) Not sure of the problem yet but really need to try factory rounds first. Dont have problems in my other guns with my reloads.
CZ p 10c   shadow 2    Sig nightmare

Offline Rmach

Re: Shadow 2 cherry is broken
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 03:14:05 PM »
Run some factory ammo through it.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 04:35:37 PM »
Brad,

Did you clean and lube the gun before the range?  Don't confuse the grease on the gun for a lubricant it is a protectant and needs to be removed prior to shooting.  Don't forget the magazines, clean and wax (inside and out) for ultra smooth operation.

Is this your first CZ?  CZ's tend to have a short leade so your reloads may not loaded with an ideal/safe OAL.  Did you plunk test them in the loose barrel before shooting them?  You may need to adjust the OAL for the shadow in order for it to run your reloads.  This forum is a wealth of info for the pistol reloader.  Specifically this thread in the Ammo and Handloading section:  https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=100352.0

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline bradfordlh

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
Brad,

Did you clean and lube the gun before the range?  Don't confuse the grease on the gun for a lubricant it is a protectant and needs to be removed prior to shooting.  Don't forget the magazines, clean and wax (inside and out) for ultra smooth operation.

Is this your first CZ?  CZ's tend to have a short leade so your reloads may not loaded with an ideal/safe OAL.  Did you plunk test them in the loose barrel before shooting them?  You may need to adjust the OAL for the shadow in order for it to run your reloads.  This forum is a wealth of info for the pistol reloader.  Specifically this thread in the Ammo and Handloading section:  https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=100352.0

Cheers,
Toby

I did plunk test a few of them. I didn't do a thorough cleaning before shooting it just pulled  bore snake thru. It is not my first CZ I have a P10 C it has never had a problem with the same ammo. I will try a factory loaded box of ammo next trip to the range. I did clean it better and oiled it after my range trip.

Offline timmy75

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 12:57:14 AM »
shadow 2 is known for FTE problem.

extractor has to be clean and DRY. do not oil.

As soon as there is oil on the extractor, the powder residue catches faster there. Due to the accumulation of gunk in the extractor bearing and on the extractor itself, its movement is blocked and malfunctions occur.

Offline bradfordlh

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »
Today was the second trip to the range. The gun had been cleaned no excess oil on the extractor. I tried factory rounds and still had a fail to extract. Tried about 100 rounds reloads which I never had a problem with in my p10 c and still had  3 or 4 FTEs . I read in the stickies that the slide could rub the next bullet in line from the magazine and cause it to dislodge and stop the empty from extracting all the way. That sounds like what is happening. I will try to polish the bottom of the slide and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:27:06 PM by bradfordlh »

Offline Rmach

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 02:24:09 PM »
Today was the second trip to the range. The gun had been cleaned no excess oil on the extractor. I tried factory rounds and still had a fail to extract. Tried about 100 rounds reloads which I never had a problem with in my p10 c and still had  3 or 4 FTEs how many do I need to fire before I should return the gun to CZ for rework?

You have done your part, so give CZUSA a call and send it in.

Offline Benderx4

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 10:18:11 AM »
Congrats on your new Shadow 2, hope you get this issue worked out, it's truly a phenomenal pistol.

Offline jmohme

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 05:26:18 PM »
So sorry to hear you are having such trouble with your Shadow 2. I'm sure that CZ will get it straightened out for you.

I have had mine for a few months, and until this Covid crap, I had been putting close to 1000 rounds a week through it.
It has been nothing short of amazing!

Offline bradfordlh

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 06:38:25 PM »
The Shadow 2 is on its way to CZ. I'll let ya'll know what they find. Im sure it needed a little smoothing out somewhere. I think the slide was dislodging the next round before the fired shell was out of the breach sometimes. Just my opinion.

Offline bradfordlh

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »
ok gun came back from cz today and I took it to the range. I wasshooting other guns too so I only put about 50 rounds thru the cz. FTE on about the 5th shot. I thought awe crap. But it was fine for th rest of the shooting and some of it was faast shooting. They said they polished the extractor and adjusted breech face lead in. they said if it continues to try a thinner recoil spring buffer. I will take it to the range and do some more shooting with it .

Offline Rmach

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 08:10:27 PM »
Thanks for updating.

anything