Author Topic: CZUSA Model 3!  (Read 97403 times)

Offline Fred Flinstone

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2005, 06:01:14 PM »
This rifle remains a mystery, no owners have left their opinion on this rifle.

CZJedi

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 07:33:53 PM »
I saw one for the first time at a gun store. The fit and finish actually looked really good. After reading the stuff on here, though, I held off on it, even though it was very nice looking, and in .308 (what I was looking for).

Offline undiplomat

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 10:57:28 AM »
I looked at Montana's rifle action website and I noticed that they use Pine Tree Casting, Investment Casting Division of Ruger Advanced Materials Group, to cast their rifle actions.

So it appears that CZ is using Ruger to make their model 3 actions. But the action looks more like a modified Winchester M70 than a Ruger.

I'm not putting down Ruger. I had a Ruger M77 for years. It's a great rifle for the price. If I could find a stocking dealer I'd like to see a new CZ model 3.

Offline Harley72

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 10:57:30 AM »
I fell in love with thsi rifle the first minute I seen it. I am a CZ nut and hope to have one of each model some day but this rifle will be my next one for sure.

Ed-Richter

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 04:16:05 PM »
last year, I wanted to buy sub-moa, 300 WSM rifle.  When I read the reviews of CZs and I found out that they are coming out with a rifle in this calibre, I decided to wait a year to get the single set trigger and quality.

I would hate to base my not buying decision on just one review, because I really wanted a CZ, but it really is not a CZ, is it.

I can't find any additional reviews on this rifle anywhere on the internet.  At this point I am looking at CZ 550 7mm magnum, or 300 Magnum, Weatherby 300 WSM, or the Tikka T3 in 300 Magnum.  I already got the Meopta Meostar 3-12x56 Red Dot scope.  Went hunting with a guy in Czech Republic this summer, and I preferred it to the Zeiss on his other rifle.

Rattl3

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 02:07:56 PM »
Hi! I am new to the forum and began reading here because I just bought a model 3. The rifle can be described as awesome!!! I am currently looking for another one but most dealers want too much $$$ for them now that they quit making them. I own winchesters, remingtons, rugers, savages, and marlins and there is no comparison to workmanship, accuracy a overall balance. I will continue looking to see if I can collect all three wsm calibers in this model.

mattliedy

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 09:27:09 AM »
Best looking gun I have seen in a long time!!! The wood is great. Action is very smooth.The price was around 500. I love the winchester type features.Sure you can buy a winchester but you will not get the nice wood or a good trigger..That is unless you get there safri deluxe version and the hefty price tag!! For the money its great.. M@tt...

rangerruck

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 02:31:49 AM »
wait until the model UHR comes out .  that is what im waiting for. cz sys it is guarrnteed to be moa out to 1000 yds.

mattliedy

CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 09:59:14 AM »
Well I just had the pleasure of viewing the new UHR rifle and I must say its a great looking piece..For the price tag it had better be!!! $3,450 us dollars you have got to be kidding.. To quit selling the model 3 and then come out with this...I think someone screwed up big on this one,or maybe there are a lot of rich folks out there that will buy this just because it is so high.. A fool and his money!!  It does not look near as good as the model 3 I own and at thousands less.... Nuff said.....

Offline uphill

Re: CZUSA Model 3!
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 09:44:34 AM »
Is the retail price that high or is it being marked up by gun dealers because they don't seem to be widely distributed?

Offline 2fewdaysafield

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 09:05:54 AM »
Hey uphill....

The model 3 was discontinued several years ago.  Yours is the first post in this thread since August of '06

Offline Nick Adams

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »
Wow, I just bought a CZ Model 3 .300WSM yesterday.  Strange that this thread was just revived.
Anyways, now that they have been around a while whats the word on these?
I bought it on impulse, it has really nice wood, and I really like CZs.  The price seemed right.
I googled it after I bought it and gleaned that it was manufactured by MRC not CZ.
And man those MRC's are spendy.

Offline grosventregeorge

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
I have one in 300 WSM that I have had for about 5 or 6 years now. I picked it up NIB for $600 and it was a steal at that. They were manufactured by MRC for CZ but only for a short time. They are no longer in production due to from what I hear was a falling out over price. CZ had a certain price in mind and MRC thought it was too low. You could buy the Model 3 for about the same price as one of their actions.
While in production I know they offered the 270 wsm, 300 wsm, and I have heard some 325 wsm's might have been made. Their was a blued and a stainless version both with amazing wood. They are getting pretty hard to come by now compared to a few years ago. I know mine has drawn a crowd the couple of times I have had it at my LGS for some work. Had a new recoil pad put on and it didn't like to chamber federal ammo, so they massaged the chamber a bit and now it's flawless.
CZ40P and CZ Model 3 300 WSM

Offline Aongus

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »
I realize this is an old thread; however there is not a lot of info out there on the CZ3.  I purchased one in 300 WSM stainless several years back when I was looking for a CRF rifle.  The rifle shot well enough though the action was a bit rough and the trigger pull had a bit of slight creep and was too hard (I did not test the pull, but it seemed to be around 6 LB).  I had Ben Slobe a local gun smith here in Bothell WA. (his card says since 1963!) smooth out the action, polish the laps (think that is the right term), jewel the bolt, bed the action and free float the barrel as well as give the rifle a trigger job.  This rifle has a a trigger that now has no appreciable creep and breaks cleanly at 1.75 LBs.  I had him put a 3x9 x50 Leopold VX-II scope on the rifle.
 The action is now silky smooth and the rifle shoots like a dream.  I figure that if you can find one they are good rifles as is, if you opt to invest in some gun smith work they very nice.  I am most anxious to buy a new CZ550(sorry slightly off topic).  I wish they offered it in 7x57 Mauser, but will probably opt for a 6.5x55 Swedish or 270 winchester.

Offline SWE1975

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Just recently saw one NIB at Sportsman's Den in Shelby, Ohio.

anything