Author Topic: Increase trigger pull on the Shadow2 SA?  (Read 4577 times)

Offline m2xj

Re: Increase trigger pull on the Shadow2 SA?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2022, 01:50:11 AM »
Thanks for the comparison.   I tried to order from zendl but being stateside and there website not in English,  they haven't responded to my email asking how to pay.

I'm hoping I can get them to ship to America.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Any particular reason to go directly to producer? CZ Parts ships worldwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me know if you need a forwarder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 10:29:30 AM »
Strictly due to price,  the cz parts cost is nearly 4x what zendl charges.

Cheers,
Toby

This forum rocks!

Offline Strife21

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2023, 04:42:16 PM »
Thanks for the comparison.   I tried to order from zendl but being stateside and there website not in English,  they haven't responded to my email asking how to pay.

I'm hoping I can get them to ship to America.

Cheers,
Toby

Toby,

Did you ever order the Zendl springs?  What size did you get and how much weight did it add.  Im curious how much the other two variations would add.

Thanks

Offline southpaw.parallaxscurioa...

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2023, 09:03:36 PM »
Eemann tech +10% power trigger return spring (also good for making the reset more forceful)
20lb or more main spring (the shadow 2 uses like a 14ish lb which is significantly lighter than the 20lb cz75 stock weight)
aforementioned heavier sear spring.

a more curved trigger.  Since trigger pull weight is usually measured from the "bow" of the trigger.  Ultimately you are pulling a lever (about the trigger pin) so a certain amount of torque (lb*inches) is actually what activates the trigger and the closer up the trigger you can get the pull gauge to measure from (less inches) the more pounds it will measure.  flat triggers will read fewer pounds since the pull gauge pulls at the bottom of the trigger.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2023, 09:24:39 PM »
Toby,

Did you ever order the Zendl springs?  What size did you get and how much weight did it add.  Im curious how much the other two variations would add.

Thanks

I placed an order but they never responded to my email on how to pay for the parts.  The website wasn't in English and the web translator didn't help much.  I didn't try calling.

Cheers,
Toby
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 10:30:04 AM by Wobbly »
This forum rocks!

Offline Strife21

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2023, 11:00:39 AM »
I placed an order but they never responded to my email on how to pay for the parts.  The website wasn't in English and the web translator didn't help much.  I didn't try calling.

Cheers,
Toby

Hey so I have the  CGW Hammer and Adjustable sear in my TS2, I feel a well defined wall and extremely crisp break with no creep.   However my reset isn't very tactile.  Don't get me wrong I feel lit but its just not a super tactile click.  Is this just the way it is on these pistols?

My adjustment screws are set perfectly for over travel and pre-travel so no issues there.   My break is 1lb 4oz.   It sounds like the tangfolio sear spring will increase this to about 1.5lb if I added it. 

I don't really mind trigger as is pull weight wise, but will the tangfolio sear spring improve my reset at all?  Did it do anything for your reset when you installed it?

My gun only has about 175 rounds through it, so I can't imagine my Trigger Return Spring is worn as the gun is brand new.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:35:05 AM by Wobbly »

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2023, 11:31:56 AM »
The TS2 doesn't have a trigger bar spring.  The trigger return spring is the only spring that provides upward tension to the trigger bar.  This is what provides the reset.  A heavier trigger return spring will have a more positive reset.

The sear spring will not do anything for your reset.  It is not part of that process in the action.

Make sure you haven't set the pre travel trigger set screw too tight.  If set too tight it may affect the reset.  There is little benefit to having the set screws as tight as possible and it could prevent reset as things warmup or get dirty.

Make sure the trigger bar isn't binding in the frame or action anywhere.

Cheers,
Toby
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:01:32 PM by tdogg, Reason: Fix format »
This forum rocks!

Offline Strife21

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2023, 12:10:05 PM »
The TS2 doesn't have a trigger bar spring.  The trigger return spring is the only spring that provides upward tension to the trigger bar.  This is what provides the reset.  A heavier trigger return spring will have a more positive reset.

The sear spring will not do anything for your reset.  It is not part of that process in the action.

Make sure you haven't set the pre travel trigger set screw too tight.  If set too tight it may affect the reset.  There is little benefit to having the set screws as tight as possible and it could prevent reset as things warmup or get dirty.

Cheers,
Toby

Make sure the trigger bar isn't binding in the frame or action anywhere.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

It was set by CGW and loc-tired, it reduced pre-travel there is still some there for the purposes you mention. So I think that’s all good.

No one makes a heavier trigger return spring for the TS2 models do they?  I know there is the mod with adding the shadow return spring as well but I don’t feel like doubling up springs like that.

Offline southpaw.parallaxscurioa...

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2023, 10:27:01 PM »
It was set by CGW and loc-tired, it reduced pre-travel there is still some there for the purposes you mention. So I think that’s all good.

No one makes a heavier trigger return spring for the TS2 models do they?  I know there is the mod with adding the shadow return spring as well but I don’t feel like doubling up springs like that.

Eeman makes one for the shadow 2 but its a different spring. I tried a ts2 before settling on a s2-sa in part because the ts2 trigger was insanely light.  they have done everything to make it a hair trigger (hence the redesign).  you cant really get a positive forceful reset in a 1 lb hair trigger. I like 2-3lb  triggers for this and other reasons (slighty heavier triggers mask the ever so slight creep)

my s2-sa with eeman+10% trs and a 20lb mainspring (stock is 14lb) has a ~2.5-3lb break and crisp tactile reset. (that 20lb spring side effect: sets off all 22lr in my Kadet).  the goal was to get it to feel like my Geisselle trigger
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:37:55 AM by Wobbly »

Offline himurax13

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2023, 06:37:23 PM »

I installed stronger 0.8 mm searspring (link below) in my TS2 and it increased my trigger to around 2.4 pounds. You can see the sear spring is much thicker and stronger.

https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-shadow-2-cz-ts-2-cz-75b-sp-01-sear-spring

To get it to 3 pounds I think only option is opening up the sear to be able to install two sear spring, e.g standard plus 0.75 mm. I tried with 0.8 mm + standard sear spring and it got my trigger to approx. 3.7 pounds.

To make space in the sear for second spring, it’s either gunsmith or Dremel tool.

They do ship to the U.S.?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline midaltantic44

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2023, 07:00:04 AM »
Yes