Author Topic: Oregon magazine ban  (Read 13180 times)

czsargenty

Re: Oregon magazine ban
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 10:18:12 AM »
Sad news for gun enthusiast in Oregon.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 05:36:06 AM »

Great news for anyone owning property from AZ to SC !
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2023, 03:36:28 AM »
The onus of proof of ownership prior to the bill taking effect is on the magazine owner, not the state.

Is that constitutional?  What happened to innocent until proven guilty?  And, the burden of proof being on the state?
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2023, 09:05:22 AM »
So let me get this straight... it's OK to take over a city, allow ~40 rapes and several murders, fire bomb the business district until it's a ghost town... as long as you do it with less than 10 rounds.

I just want to have my gun facts straight.

And that’s why so many counties in Oregon are breaking off and headed for the tater state. Malicious insanity. There’s no other way to describe it.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2023, 09:13:28 AM »
My father many years ago instilled in me the notion that sometimes it's best to keep quiet and not let people know certain things about you or items you possess.

This is the reason I have never placed a firearm related/2nd Amendment decal on any of my vehicles.   
Why advertise to the general public you probably own firearms-------perhaps inside that parked car.

Open carry outside of the gun range or hunting grounds???  Nope for the same reason.

Sorry for the slight detour.

Agreed. I used to put gun decals on my truck but now it’s just American flag and “Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself” decals. ;D

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2023, 09:17:42 AM »

Great news for anyone owning property from AZ to SC !

Is it really great news though? Seems like they’re just exporting insanity.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2023, 09:21:28 AM »
The onus of proof of ownership prior to the bill taking effect is on the magazine owner, not the state.

Is that constitutional?  What happened to innocent until proven guilty?  And, the burden of proof being on the state?

Soros Effect…

Offline Slotback

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2023, 09:11:49 PM »

This right here. Disgusting.

Offline JMWalker

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2023, 05:48:05 PM »

This right here. Disgusting.

Agreed, disgusting.  Also, it's impossible to infringe on our 2A rights using constitutional means. 

Offline kefefs

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2023, 06:06:57 PM »

Constitutional? No, not at all. Neither is most of the Patriot Act, no-fly lists, PRISM, etc. We're long past the point of "innocent until proven guilty" being the law of the land.

Offline JamesCC

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2023, 12:49:51 PM »
So how is someone supposed to document ownership prior to ban date??  Sales receipts from many years past??

Who keeps receipts??
Methinks posting ALL of your over-10 mags on various forums is a risky thing to do.
I agree. And yes, receipts would be most convenient. I'm just waiting a bit to make sure that the law was in fact shut down in court permanently, and then I'll ask the mods to take this thread down as it violates my right to privacy. IMO.

Offline JMWalker

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2023, 02:28:25 PM »
Another option is to always have your permit on hand.   ;) O0

« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 06:03:54 PM by JMWalker »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2023, 08:27:50 PM »
A district judge has ruled that all of Oregon's new laws are constitutional...definitely going the SCOTUS route.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2023, 02:49:39 AM »
Another option is to always have your permit on hand.   ;) O0

HAHA! FACTS!

Offline PLANofMAN

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2023, 03:38:40 AM »
So you post personal info which in this case are pics of your personal property and leave a taunt in your closing line under the pic and then complain it somehow violates your right to privacy? Please define your logic here. Surely this is a joke,right?
My father many years ago instilled in me the notion that sometimes it's best to keep quiet and not let people know certain things about you or items you possess. No one even law enforcement would know you have high cap mags if you didn't post them and do you think law enforcement couldn't find you even if this thread is removed? Do you not think le types monitor what is being said and posted? I think it best to remember that the only things that have true eternal life on earth are government programs and anything we post on the internet.

I automatically assume that the Feds have access to recordings of every phone call I've ever made and every email I've ever sent or received, and the A.I. processing power to winnow out anything firearm related. Just because we are now starting to see the applications of A.I. in our lives today, doesn't mean the government hasn't already had it for decades. In short, I assume they know of every candy bar I've ever purchased.

As a private citizen, they SHOULDN'T know anything about me, and as public servants, we should know everything about them. As we all know, the reality of the situation is backwards.

Short of cutting off all internet access and living in the hills like a bushman, I see no way to avoid Big Brother's oversight.

The current ruling on the magazine limitation rests on the argument that a magazine is not an "arm" but an accessory, and thus falls outside the purview of the second amendment. I expect the supreme court to rule (at minimum) that a magazine is an intrinsic part of a firearm, and as such, is beyond the jurisdiction of the state to regulate.

We shall see.

...and the other thing that "has eternal life" is 'temporary' government programs. Federal income tax being the most notable.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 08:41:54 AM by Wobbly, Reason: Mods modified language »

anything