Author Topic: SP01 and California Drop Test?  (Read 4537 times)

habuteru

SP01 and California Drop Test?
« on: April 24, 2005, 11:31:05 AM »
Anyone know if/when the SP01 will be added to the CA DOJ list?

I'd really like to have one, but apparently, my beautiful state has to make sure it's safe if I drop it first. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 12:43:42 PM »
Angus is clearly closer to CZ on this issue than anyone, so he'll have to chime in when he's available, but...

I think it very questionable whether CZ will submit the SP-01 for testing.  I suspect that its continued production -- at least in its current form -- may even be in question, given IPSC's decision to ban it from competition.

(Angus noted in an earlier message that he was working with CZ to develop a "refined" gun that passed IPSC muster.  This might include a different dust cover and mag well...)

Don't get your hopes up, yet.

Offline sfinney

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 02:45:43 PM »
IPSC banned it in Europe....  USPSA still may allow it in the Prod, its under discussion.... the jury is still out. And its IDPA legal ,for now, I understand.....

Maybe a new shorter dustcover for IPSC may help make it legal there, but needing a new magwell ? What magwell - the SP-01 has CZ 75 factory dimensions other than the slight carry bevel, which many other IPSC Prod legal guns already have as well... including Glock.

But as to a drop test for CA, who knows. Obviously thats a cost/benefit thing....

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 03:20:35 PM »
Sp01 in CA well we shall see really depends what happens with the USPSA decisions and the market response to the %%WORD14%.
I feel that the CZ problem is really something that need to be looked into.
What we should do is make a CZ75B CA pistol. then it could be drop tested and any and all cz 75 sold to CA could become CZ75B CA.

It is ridiculous that every make and model of every caliber need to be tested. Just the CA law enforcers making it more difficult to have guns.
Move to AZ.
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline elsolo75

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:08:58 PM »
I bet they would submit ti for CA-DOJ testing if it does make it onto gun store shelves across the country.

They submitted the low production "tactical" for CA approval, any change in color is considered a different gun.

habuteru

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 09:20:53 PM »
No Caspian, SVI or SP-01 for us in Cali for a while I guess.

Hopefully CZ sees a demand for the SP-01 in America and goes forward with bringing it to market.

I really like the full dustcover though, and I'd really hate to see it go.  Too bad having a full dustcover is such an unfair advantage in competition. :rolleyes

Offline SIGarette

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 09:59:11 PM »
We need the CZ 75 Std. IPSC submitted for drop testing too.  We're dying here... the authorities are slowly strangling us with this sort of nonsense.

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 08:28:46 AM »
I hear you bud.
Why do you think I moved here from the UK after the 1996 ban.
I chose AZ for several reason one being the gun laws.
I will talk with CZ USA about CA drop test.
Angus Duhhhh!

mstnglx50

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 11:54:58 PM »
If they don't get it on the list before Jan. 1 06 it will have to have either a chamber loaded indicator, with text/graphical explanation, or a magazine disconnect saftey.  By 2007 all pistols not on the list will need to have both to make it.

I decided a year ago California was in fact not the place to be.  Now I'm back in Texas where I belong.

Wish you luck anyway,
Alan

anything