Author Topic: SS Rod After a Period of Service.  (Read 75626 times)

Offline Jaems

Re: SS Rod After a Period of Service.
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2016, 04:03:20 PM »
The factory flat spring, in my PCR, works fine with the SS rod.

Offline RingingEars

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2017, 11:49:44 AM »
Just adding my experience a couple days ago...
I ordered a SS rod for my new PCR from Custom a few days ago before reading all the SS rod do's-n-don'ts on replacing it in a PCR. I noticed the rod that CZUSA sells says to not use the flatwire spring so I called CZ to clarify if it was OK to use a SS rod in a PCR and to order a new spring. The gal I talked to transferred over to their gun smith who told me not to put a SS rod in a PCR. He said it doesn't allow the frame to move the way the plastic rod does and could cause uneven wear on the slide rails... So it looks like I will put my new SS rod the parts bin at least until the warranty is up.
Just a heads up...

Offline Mutt208

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2017, 12:34:28 PM »
Never had an issue with plastic guide rods. If it aint broke don't fix it!

Offline Texf6

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2018, 08:34:29 AM »
All my CZ clones from Canik or Tangfolio have steel guide rods including the “alloy steel” ones, as they call it to include the T100, T120, and C100.  Why is this not an issue with these arms?  Is the “alloy steel” more durable than CZ’s aluminum frames?

Texf6

Offline Slingin9mm

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
I just picked up a stainless steel guide rod from ssguiderods.com, mine is the CZ 75 P-01 it has the flatwire spring also. I just installed it in the pistol but haven't shot it yet, I got it cause the polymer guide rod was starting to droop real bad.

If anyone has any information if this is safe to use in my pistol, I did contact CZ USA about it waiting on a reply.

Offline Slingin9mm

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2018, 03:07:21 AM »
Well here is my results after a few hundred rounds.  I was using the ssguiderods.com one & this is what happened to me frame I was told that you have to use the round spring.

https://imgur.com/bpN4fGc

https://imgur.com/O99DURv

Offline Joost

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2018, 06:09:24 AM »
Just adding my experience a couple days ago...
I ordered a SS rod for my new PCR from Custom a few days ago before reading all the SS rod do's-n-don'ts on replacing it in a PCR. I noticed the rod that CZUSA sells says to not use the flatwire spring so I called CZ to clarify if it was OK to use a SS rod in a PCR and to order a new spring. The gal I talked to transferred over to their gun smith who told me not to put a SS rod in a PCR. He said it doesn't allow the frame to move the way the plastic rod does and could cause uneven wear on the slide rails... So it looks like I will put my new SS rod the parts bin at least until the warranty is up.
Just a heads up...

The aluminium framed shadowline compact comes from factory with a stainles guide rod,and works perfect.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
Never had an issue with ss rods in any of my CZ's.

Offline NoGoodLoser

« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2018, 11:11:16 PM »
Guess I'm taking the SS guide rod out of my PCR when I get home.