Author Topic: P07 Magazine issues  (Read 196047 times)

Offline foxmoorcz

Re: P07 Magazine issues
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 09:11:07 PM »
Armordman,
Do you know if it's a magazine issue or a gun issue?  I have a new P-07 that I really like and the only minor annoyance is the failure of the mags to drop free.  I'd certainly send the mags in if CZ USA would replace them with ones that would drop free, but I don't really want to send my P-07 in.  Any insights appreciated.

Foxmoorcz

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 03:10:03 AM »
Not sure, but I am betting it's a gun issue, not just magazine.

Offline excheck

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 03:35:13 PM »
Mr. Armo you might win this bet. 
Here is picture of my P-07 magwell. There is bump inside at the mag release level. You can see scratch lines on the wall under the bump. I assume that the wider mags are getting  little tight on the bump.  Maybe that bump is there for reason???       

Second: I do not know if somebody measured the thickness of their mags.
I did and one mag which is dropping freely has thickness from 0.853-0.856.  The other one is 0.857-0.860 and drops only one inch or less.  In my case, I need either thinner mags (less than 0.856) or sand down the bump inside magwell. 
I called CZ-USA and they asked me to send  the gun to them.  I will, when I come back from CZ. I am sure they will take care of this.
As every year I will visit CZ-UB.  This time I will meet with the P-07 creator.   (Before 07 he created RAMI.)  I talked to him on the phone about bulge and he sounded very nice and polite,  but we will talk more in UB. (any questions?)  He is busy making last changes and testing  new P-07 40SW.  Changes and recommendations made by Angus when he visited UB in April.                 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:36:52 PM by excheck »
*  To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »
Forum:  In an effort to clarify this "drop free magazine issue"

1) According to Scott at CZ-USA the Magazine is indeed designed to drop free ( no Magazine Brake )
2) I was told by Scott that this issue is known as a warranty issue at CZ-USA
3) In my case when I shipped mine back to CZ-USA they just replaced the gun.
  Regardless of the frame dimensions I'd send it back to CZ-USA there was ZERO charge and I wound up with a "perfect specimen".

I carried this for 3 weeks in the Sandbox. Practiced with ~2000rds through it FLAWLESS!!!! That Talcum powder sand was everywhere inside the weapon when I returned and it still ran PERFECTLY!!

Bottom line:  Send it back.

Offline Lenw

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 07:32:34 PM »
I know this is crazy but when I hold the pistol in my right hand and release the mag with my thumb it sticks, if I release the mag with my left hand while holding the pistol in my right hand the mag will fly out like shot from a cannon, I had tried to replicate the angle and pressure with my right hand thumb but it just doesn't work.

Offline ipijohn

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 10:27:26 PM »
Are you squeezing the pistol grip harder when you are gripping and releasing with your right hand than you are by holding it in your right hand and releasing with your left??

Offline cornhusker

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 08:12:45 PM »
Well, perhaps I should have read this forum before I purchased one today.  My 75B has been flawless for the years I've owned it.  I bought a new P-07 today that appears to have an early S/N so may be problem prone.  Don't know the percentage of production that has actually faulted.  Mine is S/N A565032.  Gonna have to get to the range and get some rounds through her.
HDRider

Offline zoomz

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2009, 10:28:44 PM »
I am having this issue and the bulge. I think i will call one of the reps at CZ USA as i really like this gunn, but well see what happens.

By the way this is my first post. ;D

Offline wallterz

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 01:41:55 AM »
Well, this is not only my first CZ handgun but also my first firearm.  I too am experiencing the magazine issue along with the front site falling off. =( I am disappointed to that extent but very happy with my purchase.

Offline ZaakirAbdullah

• My Gun Blog
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
so no definite serial number range yet?
Saving my Pennies for a CZ P-07

Offline jrat

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »
Well called them and had to leave a message so I left my info and a brief statement about my mag issues as both have decided to not drop freely any more after about 150 rounds through the gun. a couple weeks no reply. So I emailed them but thats not looking good either. How do I get in contact with these guys as I really did not sign up for buying a defective pistol. I love the feel in the hand of this weapon but mags not dropping are not good. Heck even my junker Jennings .32 drops the mags free.(yea I know so you can stop laughing about the jennings now LOL).

Please any help would be wonderful.

Offline ipijohn

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2009, 10:48:52 PM »
Well called them and had to leave a message so I left my info and a brief statement about my mag issues as both have decided to not drop freely any more after about 150 rounds through the gun. a couple weeks no reply. So I emailed them but thats not looking good either. How do I get in contact with these guys as I really did not sign up for buying a defective pistol. I love the feel in the hand of this weapon but mags not dropping are not good. Heck even my junker Jennings .32 drops the mags free.(yea I know so you can stop laughing about the jennings now LOL).

Please any help would be wonderful.

Mine has had the same problem since day one, it now has about 700 rounds through it.  I just keep on shooting it since I don't need more than 15 rounds for anything I do, including potential CCW use.  ;D   ;D  I am going to get a couple more thousand rounds through mine and let CZ and other owners get some more age on the design before I send mine in.  By then they (CZ) should have a permanent fix that stays fixed as long as I own it. If they give me a new gun (because I don't think this one is fixable), then I will have an excuse to shoot another pant load of ammo to smooth the trigger out on the new gun. just my $.005

Offline jrat

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:10 AM »
Yea I hear you on that except My father has been bugging me to enter the Wilson County shooting comp with him and this was going to be the one I used because I really did not like his Glock (feel was not right for me). when we went shooting last. But to enter that I NEED free dropping mags. Otherwise it would be a plinker as for me in a CCW if that jams,misfires or any other reason you have to pull the mag. It needs to drop free. One of those things that make me feel better knowing that was not a problem.

Offline skwab

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »
Well I sent mine in last week and they sent me back a brand new one. So thanks CZ for the excellent customer service- the guys at the shop have been great with communication and promptness.

Offline excheck

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:19 PM »
Well I sent mine in last week and they sent me back a brand new one. So thanks CZ for the excellent customer service- the guys at the shop have been great with communication and promptness.
The same as above. ;D
I called CZUSA on Oct.8 AM about my magazines not dropping freely.
 In 30 min. they emailed  label and I dropped the gun in FEDEX office.  
Today I received package from CZUSA with brand new P-07  SN A67xxxx Year made 09. (no bulge).
They also did trigger job and installed manual safety, because my first gun  have it done by Angus.
(NO CHARGE).
 Now magazines are flying out even if I point the gun to the ceiling.

Great job by CZUSA service dept.  

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:34:58 PM by excheck »
*  To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.