Author Topic: P07 Magazine issues  (Read 196023 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: P07 Magazine issues
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »
If making a holster for my CZ is mishandling it I?m guilty. If you have ever seen how kydex holsters are made you would know what I?m talking about. I?ve never seen, herd or had any problems with making holsters for Glock, M&P or any of the others with there mage wells after making holsters for them. The press that you use has foam as well & shouldn?t damage or hurt anything. It?s not like cranking down in a bench vice. The heat is what caused that problem & heating up the mag fixed that problem for me. You can reform kydex with a little heat & I just figured I would try the same thing with the mag well & it worked. It was better then taking a file to the mag well or sending it back to CZ & having it fixed.

Seems to me that if you are heating and clamping these things no matter how light the pressure may be that it would make sense to fabricate a wooden insert to fit the mag well on the specific gun so there would be less chance of deformation. Your hoping you won't have a problem with your CZ again, I hope it works well for you also. My point was causing the mags to hang by heating and clamping the gun no matter how slight is in no way shape or form a defect with the gun and it doesn't matter what kind of gun it is.

Offline Jon_4130

« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »
Next time I make a holster I?ll just put in an empty mag in & see if that keeps from deforming the grip panel.
CZ po7 9mm
CZ 75 9mm
ATI 1911 45acp
Ciener 22 conversion for 1911

Offline hrdguera

« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
I just shot my P-07 today for the first time and my mags would not release at all . I had to pry them out with my fingers . It wouldnt do it even before I shot it but I thought it would loosen up a bit but nope  :'(
 I'll call CZ tommarow .   The trigger really felt like it was dragging on the frame . It was terrible .
I sure hope this pistol gets better .  I guess my CZ-75B spoiled me .  But seriously , this gun shouldnt have these issues .

The only jam or FTF I have ever had on my P-07 was when I put too many shells in the magazine. Interesting that the same day I had the same problem with my Sig P-227.
It taught me a lesson. If it hold 10; don't put 11. If it holds 15 or 16; don't put one more.

As for the mag dropping out; a very light coat of a good lube helped that. I just usually spray some or apply some to a cloth and then wipe it on that with attention to the top of the magazine.

Offline emtdiamond

« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
I just purchased a CZ 75 P-07 Duty today and when I got it home, I went to load the mags and have run into a kinda big problem. The mags are listed as being able to hold 16 rnds but I'm only able to insert 15 into it. I've tried loading them with Hornady FTX, Remington JHP, and Winchester JHP, but to no avail. Is this a common problem and is there a quick fix for it? Thank you in advance for any help or advise.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2014, 02:27:03 AM »
Emtdiamond - based on prior posts elsewhere, it appears to be a relatively common issue with the older (pre-2014) magazines. Could be the reason behind why the newer magazines have a redesigned base pad (on the inside) that changed the stated capacity to 15 rounds. Have you tried using an UpLula or similar device?

Enjoy your P07 Duty!

Offline A-Rob

« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
I just picked up my new P-07 yesterday and there were no problems with the mags dropping free, both loaded and unloaded.

Offline hrdguera

« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »
I have 3 CZs. The only one I ever have a problem with the magazine sticking is the 97B with the polycoat.
I feel it is more a problem with the release button itself than the magazine and then it doesn't happen all the time.

But bleep it; the gun is so fine and so accurate that I figure the issue will work it's way out eventually.
Last time out I lubed the release from both sides when I got it home to clean; so I guess I will soon see what happens.

The only other slight problem I've had with the 97B is the grips come loose slightly after I shoot a few magazines of .45 JHP ammo.
To fix that I put some small rubber washers under the screws. I am hesitant to put something on the threads because there are really so few threads into the frame.
I keep a Torx driver in my bag so I consider the problem very minor because I've always had that issue with my 1911 (except my old Chrome Model 70 with stag grips).

But my favorite CZ and my most often carry is the 75B in matte Stainless. This has become my go-to for just about everything. Never had anything ever to complain about.
I almost bought another one this last weekend for no reason at all!

Offline Kandress

« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »
I just bought a P07 Duty (first version) and the mags won't drop free. It's very obvious to me that the soft frame is the issue. If I hold the slide and push the mag release button they drop right out. However if I grip the pistol with even the slightest pressure they won't drop out. It takes almost no pressure to flex the frame. If I grip my MP and squeeze as hard as I can I can't make it flex at all.

Offline seanjenno

« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2015, 03:54:43 PM »
New CZ member here. Just bought a P07 duty older model. Did not realize they had this magazine issue. Read up on problem here and decided to email cz. Got a response back the next day about how the DUTY older models were built for European markets and they do not want a drop free magazine and that I should get a newer version if I want drop me magazines. Some sales associate there sent that to me. Has anybody dealt with CZ lately on this magazine problem?

Offline bahs11

« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2016, 02:16:41 PM »
 :-\seanjenno-'Good To Know' info you posted ---I'm considering a p07 for my next handgun purchase (down the road a bit). After reading thru this series of posts about mag 'problems'I was about to change my mind. I've owned 2-cz 75s , an 83 and a P01  and have not had mag or any other problems with them.
After reading your post I will make the P07 my next purchase as soon as funds allow.

Offline Nowskinny

« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2017, 05:48:07 PM »
My P07 works flawlessly and is probably one of the most accurate guns I own.  I hope yours is fixed. My P10c is back at CZ now.  Trigger will not reset on its own.  I'm with you not sure I will ever trust my life with it!

Offline Ferris13

« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2017, 12:16:53 AM »
Had this Issue with my P10c.  Two mags that?s shipped with the gun would not drop free.  Thought it was an issue with the mag release until I tried a friends P10c mags in my gun and they shot out pretty forcefully.  Called up CZ and they replaced both mags.

Offline GoodSam

« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2018, 09:36:49 PM »
Both mags on my 2016 P-07 drop free and clear whether loaded or unloaded.

I just bought it and haven't taken it to the range yet but I am not anticipating any problems in that area.

Offline DP509

« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2022, 08:36:41 PM »
My factory magazines are flawless, zero issues.

Offline xring11

« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2022, 07:13:59 PM »
Same here.

My factory magazines are flawless, zero issues.