Author Topic: Show off your refinished CZ-82  (Read 134592 times)

Offline IH8SPM

Re: Show off your refinished CZ-82
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2012, 01:43:29 AM »
Here is mine. I picked it up at a local shop and had it refinished, tuned, and gripped.

Sent using Tapatalk without spelling or grammer check.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:36:52 PM by IH8SPM »

Offline BigK

• Silence is golden...duct tape is silver.
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:51 AM »
Got my CZ 82 back from Mahovsky's Metalife :-)

I love the look of that Metalife finish...especially with those grips.
The U.S. Constitution: frustrating liberals since 1789.

Offline Moose458

« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »
Here is mine. I picked it up at a local shop and had it refinished, tuned, and gripped.

Looks great, really like your grips...

Offline IH8SPM

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2012, 06:08:45 PM »
Thanks
Grips4u The best wood grips I could find fir less than $60 and within 2 weeks. They even sell new screws.

Offline Demond051

Show off your refinished CZ-82
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
I got my wooden grips from Marschal grips. It took awhile for me to get them, but it was was well worth the wait.
http://www.marschalgrips.com/onlineorder/shop2.html#pricing

Offline marklmurray

« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2012, 10:29:19 AM »
Finally got around to rust bluing my CZ 82 I got from Widener's last year:

CZ_82-01r by 69murray, on Flickr
Grips are from Marschal.

Hardest part was getting up the nerve to take it apart :)

Offline BigK

• Silence is golden...duct tape is silver.
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »

You made me chuckle a little bit with that. I remember thinking the same thing, especially with the sear parts. I thought I was way in over my head. I didn't wanna be that guy to bring a gunsmith a bag full of parts. In retrospect, I'm sure you're as glad as I am that I overcame that part.

Mine's Cerakoted now, but I rust blued mine first time. I can't tell if it's glare from the flash or what. Did you have any trouble getting all the parts to "take" the bluing equally? I had a heckuva time getting my slide as dark as the frame. I wasn't sure if it was the cheap bluing gel I used or if it was something about the metal.
The U.S. Constitution: frustrating liberals since 1789.

Offline marklmurray

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »

You made me chuckle a little bit with that. I remember thinking the same thing, especially with the sear parts. I thought I was way in over my head. I didn't wanna be that guy to bring a gunsmith a bag full of parts. In retrospect, I'm sure you're as glad as I am that I overcame that part.

Mine's Cerakoted now, but I rust blued mine first time. I can't tell if it's glare from the flash or what. Did you have any trouble getting all the parts to "take" the bluing equally? I had a heckuva time getting my slide as dark as the frame. I wasn't sure if it was the cheap bluing gel I used or if it was something about the metal.

Yeah, I used my Droid X2 for the picture so the crappy cell phone flash doesn't do the finish justice.  I've rust blued a few other things (a Swiss K31 and some parts of some other guns) and I firmly believe rust bluing is the way to go providing you can separate the parts in order to rust and boil them (multiple times).  It's a much more labor intensive process than cold bluing, but way, way, way more rewarding.

I went the opposite way that you did in that I had a local gunsmith Duracoat mine first time around.  My first inclination was to have him Cerakote it, but he talked me into Duracoat instead - big mistake.  Well, it gave me an excuse to put a 'real' finish on that gun and I'm much happier with it now.

Thanks to that project, I now fear no gun (dis-assembly wise, anyway) :)

Offline idiotsayswhat

« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
Man...  this thread has made me so jealous and now I want to refinish my CZ82... 

Offline Spiny Norman

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2012, 10:33:22 AM »
Here is mine.  The finish was stripped and cold blued.  The grips are from Marshal.  Sadly, I sold it but I'll have to get another one. 

Offline marklmurray

« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2012, 10:37:27 AM »
Man...  this thread has made me so jealous and now I want to refinish my CZ82...

Yep.  That's what happened to me, too.  The CZ82 may be the ultimate project pistol!

Offline Demond051

Show off your refinished CZ-82
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
Hmm I need to buy another CZ 82.. Maybe I'll have the next one Nickel plated. Getting ready to send my CZ 50 off.. So it chrome plated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline doc j

« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »
Hello
All these re-works asre great , but Pirate you did a great job , I hope some time to do mine like that.
Doc J

Offline IamCaleb

« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »
I don't like any of you people on this thread! Now I have to buy one or two of the 82s & refinish them! That means more money I don't have, sleeping on the couch again, and eating noodles for all three meals!  >:(

Lol, beaitiful pistols on here....thanks for sharring guys/gals.  :)

Offline dwight

• dwightrahl.com
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
I don't like any of you people on this thread! Now I have to buy one or two of the 82s & refinish them! That means more money I don't have, sleeping on the couch again, and eating noodles for all three meals!  >:(

Lol, beaitiful pistols on here....thanks for sharring guys/gals.  :)
Indeed, a small price to pay in exchange for owning one (or more) of the finest pistols ever made...  ;)

Dwight
Raleigh, NC