Author Topic: alloy or steel?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline GoCZ

alloy or steel?
« on: November 29, 2002, 02:53:29 AM »
've been wanting for a cz.  Just don't know which to get, PCR with decock or compact with safety......  People claim alloy frame is durable and will last just like a steel model.  For long term target shooting, which is a better choice?  I prefer a decock which is the PCR(used to hate that until I have one) and a slide without front serrations which is the compact.  How much shoud thet cost, consider I'm in California?
thanks

Offline ut83

alloy or steel?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 07:57:11 AM »
GoCZ,
In all actuallity..I cant say Ive ever heard of an alloy framed gun wearing out its frame.....S&W, Taurus, CZ, Sig etc have all made alloy framed guns for years...S&W autos I know of have a couple of zillion rnds thru them with no issues of wear.
Either way youre fine IMO..in this regard.
Pricing for either should be around 400$...the PCR is still around but is being sold out slowly..replaced by the PO1.
The Compact should be the same price...I know of a 2 tone Compact thats a very solid deal currently....

Email me..Ive got an idea for you.....

PCRCZ@netzero.net

Walt-Sherrill

alloy or steel?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 08:41:03 AM »
As UT83 says, with modern metallurgy and technology, durability is no longer a big issue with alloy-framed guns.  (At least when its made by a reputable firm like S&W, CZ, etc.)

You probably don't have enough time and money to wear the guns out...

(If you were shooting heavy, heavy hand loads, that might change things a bit.)

Offline para2medic

alloy or steel?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 07:32:31 PM »
Whatever you do, do it soon.  CZ is one of the guns that State approval expires on 12/31 in California

anything