Author Topic: WELDING SERVICE for vz2008 & vz58  (Read 139847 times)

Offline TJNewton

Re: VZ58 Welding Service
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »
Another carrier tabbed by Morgan.  Excellent work.

Offline Rob2966

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »
Thanks forced march! Sent 2 carriers to Morgan, excellent work! 100 rounds through each gun today, flawless, my mind is at rest!

Offline DDNC

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 11:45:47 PM »
I sent a brand new unissued carrier that RTG carries to Morgan to tab. My 58s are all Czechpoints so they are already tabbed. This is a back up and like all previous posts the work is excellent as is the price, communication and turnaround.
If you have an un-tabbed carrier this is where to go.
Thank you sir.

Offline Garand1957

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »
Just an update.
The first time out with my VZ2008 I had 1 in 10 maybe more times where I would have to rack the bolt to reset the trigger.
Fired 160 rounds today without one problem 8)

I will add that I changed both the recoil springs as well.

Thanks again Morgan !

Offline Forced March

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 09:37:54 AM »
Thanks guys!

Offline PD2BP253

Re: VZ58 Welding Service (New Photos Uploaded)
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2014, 10:17:39 AM »
Can we get some more pics of the gas block/front sight combo? Maybe one finished and installed? Thanks...

Offline Nubia

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
My name is Morgan, I have been a TIG welder for 5 years, with over a 1000hrs spent on guns.  I can work with steel/stainless/aluminum, and I am confident I can help you with any of your 'legal' needs. 

What I am proposing is this;

Step 1. Email me (forcedmarchfabrication@gmail.com) and we have a conversation about just what it is that you need.
Step 2. You mail me the part(s), a USPS money order, check, or cash payment for the full amount, along with a name and return address.
Step 3. I mail you back the modified part(s).
Step 4. If your happy with the work please let everyone know by commenting on my post. 

Some of the work that I do:
<<<shipping is included in the price, but please add $5 to each order for handling>>>

$50 - Tabbing a bolt carrier ((newer vz2008 you may require a brand new disconnector after this process is complete))

$50 - Adding a custom charging handle, or switching it to the left side ((not recommended unless you are left handed))

$90 - To cut the front sight block in half at an angle and weld it to the gas block

$60 - Adding a QD(quick disconnect) sling mount to the shaft of a folding stock ((specify whether your left or right handed))

$30 - Bronzing a front sight ((please add $10 if I am providing the front sight))

$100/200 - Weld a receiver together, i.e. two halves or one cut apart or one to be assembled(I am however not an FFL, all must be legal)

$40 - Extended bolt release, Option A

$60 - Extended bolt release, Option B

$30 - Extended mag release

All parts are quenched in oil(this hardens the metal and prohibits rust) and returned to you unpainted.  Most of my exterior work has been left unpainted for months with no signs of rust though just to be certain, throw a coat of paint on it.

Generally a 7-10 day turn around once the part(s) are in my possession.  Rush orders will cost an additional $20, guaranteeing a 2 day turnaround, PLEASE mention rush order in your inquiry so I can confirm that there is room in my schedule.

All inquiries should be addressed to my email, forcedmarchfabrication@gmail.com

Thanks for all the business,
Morgan

I would email but this bleep viglink garbage redirected me to a useless broken link... Wtf is going on with Tapatalk and viglink... I am a paying member of Tapatalk..... I'm furious!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Offline davea5

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2014, 08:36:44 PM »
Sent you an email, March

Offline jb2sea

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2014, 06:53:54 PM »
March, I'm about to purchase a VZ2008.  Just to be sure, you can tab these bolts as well, correct?  If so, I'll have one headed your way as soon as I can get my hands on it. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:59:32 PM by jb2sea »

Offline sampitt

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 09:18:09 PM »
Oops I forgot to reply after I got my carriers back...I sent 2 off and Morgan hooked me up.  Great work, nice welds, zero issues with 500 + rounds through both since I got them back

Offline mdbook

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
On the tabbed carrier, someone on gunboards made the comment that perhaps the tab should be slanted in front. See text below. From what I can tell the CSA design was squared in front so I suppose that is what people are following and report that it works. But I wonder why it is squared in front like it is. Can anyone offer perspective on why it is typically squarish, or which shape would seem like it should be optimal according to the carrier/disconnect geometry?

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?317533-Help!-VZ58-striker-not-catching

05-29-2013, 12:10

"One thing that I've noticed with some of the "tabbed" bolt carrier photos online is that the end of the tab is squared off. I think it would be better for the disconnector if the angle on the front side of the tab is shaped such that it has the same angle as the original bolt carrier. Considering the way the disconnector sits (at a slight angle to the rear), as the bolt carrier moves from it's rear position forward, the angled surface will allow the disconnector to be pushed down a little more gradually like the original design."

Offline Forced March

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:50 PM »
"March, I'm about to purchase a VZ2008.  Just to be sure, you can tab these bolts as well, correct?  If so, I'll have one headed your way as soon as I can get my hands on it."

Yes I can

"On the tabbed carrier, someone on gunboards made the comment that perhaps the tab should be slanted in front. See text below. From what I can tell the CSA design was squared in front so I suppose that is what people are following and report that it works. But I wonder why it is squared in front like it is. Can anyone offer perspective on why it is typically squarish, or which shape would seem like it should be optimal according to the carrier/disconnect geometry?"

Mine end up rounded and at a slight angle.

"Can we get some more pics of the gas block/front sight combo? Maybe one finished and installed? Thanks... "

I never installed it, however here is a link to someone else's who has:

http://www.sa58.cz/news/nova-pekna-uprava-fsn-01-kv-hunter/

Offline Black Zuma

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2015, 03:35:01 AM »
Morgan,

I have sent you messages (email and voice mail), please give me an update.   

Thanks,
Terry

Offline Black Zuma

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »
Outstanding work, and definitely worth the wait.  Thanks Again.

Offline Dev

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 11:37:43 PM »
Morgan, I just wanted to say thanks for tabbing my bolt and also mention that before the service I always had a little catch if I guided the bolt carefully back into battery on my 2008. I would have to instruct  others shooting my rifle for the fist time to rack the bolt back and let go otherwise it would not feed properly unless it was one violent action.  After your service the bolt glides smoothly and it resets the trigger like it should without out any quirks. I'm quiet impressed and should have taken care of this sooner.

anything