Author Topic: VZ2008 picture thread  (Read 138398 times)

Offline IamCaleb

Re: VZ2008s pics
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 11:26:56 PM »

Ignore the high ring, that setup is for my AR. I have a low ring on order along with the CSA side mount kit.

Offline CitizenPete

• Universal Machine Gun Model 59 (UK Vzor 59)
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
NICE!  Get thee TBR, IMHO it is a MMR.
CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline IamCaleb

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »

TBR, MMR? Please explain.

Offline jb2sea

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 05:55:50 PM »
TBR is tactical bolt release.  Not sure about the MMR.  But am guessing it's a brand of mag release.  But that wouldn't make sense, based on CP's statement. 

Offline IamCaleb

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »
Oh ok, thanks. Not sure if I would need the TBR for the price they are asking but, it would be nice to have.

TBR is tactical bolt release.  Not sure about the MMR.  But am guessing it's a brand of mag release.  But that wouldn't make sense, based on CP's statement.

Offline jb2sea

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »
I felt the same way on the price.  But I want a weapon that is fast to handle.  I always try to emphasize easy-to-work controls on my guns.  So I knew when I bought it I'd need to change things a bit.

Offline CitizenPete

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »

Sorry, stupid on my side.  I hate typing.   The vz58 tactical bolt release should be a minimum mandatory requirement in my humble opinion - operating charging handles is a burden.
CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline jb2sea

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 08:28:25 AM »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:30:00 AM by jb2sea »

Offline jb2sea

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 08:29:37 AM »

Offline jb2sea

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 08:30:49 AM »

Sorry, stupid on my side.  I hate typing.   The vz58 tactical bolt release should be a minimum mandatory requirement in my humble opinion - operating charging handles is a burden.

Agree 100%.

Offline IamCaleb

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 09:42:36 AM »

No worries, thank you.

I agree that it is nice to have but, my $ is going towards other upgrades first. Hopefully by then, there be more TBR options outv there.

Offline CitizenPete

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 12:21:43 PM »

I agree that it is nice to have but, my $ is going towards other upgrades first. Hopefully by then, there be more TBR options outv there.

Each of us has their own requirements and drivers.  Certainly for other functions, aesthetics and "the cool factor" there are plenty of other upgrades to consider. Been there, done that, there again, there still. 

Being of the age group where the iron sights ofter become hard to find when driving a rifle toward a target esp. in certain lighting conditions, for me augmented target sighting is a top item and probably first on the list.  Having said that, if you ever found yourself with the desire to change out mags quickly, the TBR (and TMR ) is priceless.  IMO, the TBR/TMR combo should have been incorporated as part of the original Military Vzor 58 design - if not for G.I. Cannon-Fodder-Joe, certainly as a standard enhancement for Special Forces and Rapid Assault Teams.
CP

Offline IamCaleb

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 12:50:49 PM »
I agree Pete (can I call you Pete?) and I have no negatives to say about those upgrades (tbr, emr) as well as the "cool factor". Who doesn't like to personalize their firearms? I do but, its gotta be functional first, then aesthetics. Definitely should be a "factory issued" items. I have to D&T the side mount and get a mini dot or 4x scope (have not decided yet) and a muzzle device. Do you have a recommendation on which comp/flash hider works best on these?

As far as the mag release goes, I like what a member (can't remember who ) did with his trigger guard.  He trimmed the left front off, making the release easily accessible.  Might just buy a spare and try that mod.

Each of us has their own requirements and drivers.  Certainly for other functions, aesthetics and "the cool factor" there are plenty of other upgrades to consider. Been there, done that, there again, there still. 

Being of the age group where the iron sights ofter become hard to find when driving a rifle toward a target esp. in certain lighting conditions, for me augmented target sighting is a top item and probably first on the list.  Having said that, if you ever found yourself with the desire to change out mags quickly, the TBR (and TMR ) is priceless.  IMO, the TBR/TMR combo should have been incorporated as part of the original Military Vzor 58 design - if not for G.I. Cannon-Fodder-Joe, certainly as a standard enhancement for Special Forces and Rapid Assault Teams.

Offline CitizenPete

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »
The best user to ask about muzzle attachments may be RSR.  He has probably done more review and testing in this area than most on here. 

There isn't a lot of recoil with the VZ and this caliber, so your many choices in muzzle attachments include flash suppression as well as compensation.  RSR started a thread for the Zendl brake group buy which might be worth your time to surf through: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=65000.0

Also, depending on your finances and preference, putting a decent red dot on a top front rail, instead of the D&T side rail LIKE YOU ALREADY DID is a good option.  Certainly for anything under 100 yards the field of view and red dot out front works great.  with the quad-rail upgrade it would give you more "railestate" for lights grips etc. LIKE YOU HAVE
Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:28:32 PM by CitizenPete »
CP

Offline IamCaleb

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 07:38:16 PM »
Thanks Pete,

It really does not have much felt recoil and quick follow up shots are easy, just figured it would not hurt to add a comp. I will search the topics as well as the link provided.

To be honest, I don't really care for a ton of rails. I just needed one for the fore grip, I have never loaded the HGs with lights, lasers, bipods, ect.... Also, I guess I'm used to having the optics closer to my eye therefor the reason for going with the side mount. I did shoot it with the red dot as you see it and it was fine so, that is definitely an option to keep in mind.

anything