Author Topic: Holsters that your Witness happens to fit in...  (Read 212411 times)

Offline xl_target

Re: Holsters that your Witness happens to fit in...
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 10:43:48 PM »
My TZ75 mod 88 is the forerunner of the current Witness.
I had a custom holster made by http://www.sideguardholsters.com

He makes custom holsters but his prices and lead times are very reasonable. 
This is his tuckable double snap IWB holster.

Offline CiDirkona

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
Fobus Elite PX4, fits a 999104 EAA Witness 9mm Poly perfectly.

Offline JonnyYuma

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 04:50:39 AM »
I'm new to the forum, so I've got a lot of looking around to do before I'm completely up to speed, but I haven't seen any mention of Wild Bills here in the holsters section. When I bought my first EAA Witness (a compact .40 in SS. Which, by the way, I still own and shoot [when I can find ammo]) back in about '94 or '95 I wrote to Wild Bills asking about an IWB holster for the thing. I got a very nice HAND-WRITTEN reply: "Can I get a witness?" (Reference to the old song). "Yes you can!", was how it started. I thought that was sooo coool. I still feel bad that I never bought a holster from him (them, whatever). Apparently my failure to follow-up didn't put them out of business, they're at Wild Bills Concealment.... Dot com, I guess.  Glad you guys are here.  Sheesh, I was just about to buy an XD!

Offline balazona

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 10:53:34 AM »
Fobus Elite PX4, fits a 999104 EAA Witness 9mm Poly perfectly.

i hope that Witness P Carry can be CCW with that holster.

Offline Gary1911A1

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »
Here's a YouTube on modifying a Serpa Holster to fit the Witness. He doesn't say this on the video, but in the written intro he said the holster was for a FN 5-7. 

Offline scattershot

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 12:09:21 PM »
I have a DeSantis Speed Scabbard for the Ruger SR9 that fits my full sized Witness .45 very well. 1/2" of the muzzle protrudes from the front, though.

Offline detroiter

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 11:54:38 PM »
CQC Blackhawk holster Size 01, made for the 1911. Fits my Witness quite well. Slightly had to reduce size of the rubber tensioning device. Holster was also very hard, probably supposed to be that way.

I rubbed the inside and out with Saddle Soap to soften it up a bit, then put the Witness in it and let it sit in there for about a week. Also put a spring loaded hand clamp on the belt loop to make it flat, the loop stood up about an inch. Picked it up on GB for $20 shipped.

Offline earthtone55

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
Mine fits great in a Beretta holster.  Forget the brand off the top of my head.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »
HBE com2 for 75B .  Excuse the fuzzy pic, only had my cell.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Dillon Aero

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
I own several Ross holsters and they are very high quality.  I don't own one specifically for a Witness, but own them for other guns and the fit has been excellent.  I've bought mine from http://www.ccwsupply.biz/RGLEAAWitness.htm and this link goes to the Witness line.

Offline eric0424

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
My 1985 model TZ-75 fits the 5188-99-411 from Safariland just like my 2005 model CZ-75B.  Mine is actually the 5187, but it's the same holster just had the paddle instead of the belt-loop seen in the pics, I bought the belt-loop separately after the holster.

They have a 568-51-411 universal holster that fits both my pistols too, the loop and paddle from the 5187/88 bolt to this holster as well.  These are right hand holsters, lefties need 412 at the end of the part number.

I figure most holsters made for the CZ75B will fit my TZ75.  I have three 1911 holster and they don't fit well enough for me to use them on my TZ or CZ.  One is an Uncle Mikes, the others are Bianchi, a Ranger Shadow and a leather 100 size 14.  The CZ will fit somewhat in them but not to my satisfaction and TZ is even worse due to the trigger guard and the Bianchi's thumb-brake won't work on either of them.  The Uncle Mikes can be adjusted to fit the CZ I believe, but again the TZ trigger guard won't fit.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/

Offline bluestringer

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »
I carried my old Witness 45 in a Ted Blocker x16 made for a Para P14. I have since sold both the pistol and holster. I just picked up a new Witness 45, but this one has a rail. Will any of the holsters mentioned work with it? Really would like leather. I tried it in a Fobus made for a Taurus. Fit pretty good, but once I put it on my belt and tried to draw, it was a no go.

bluestringer

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 01:30:36 AM »
I just picked up a new Witness 45, but this one has a rail. Will any of the holsters mentioned work with it? Really would like leather. I tried it in a Fobus made for a Taurus. Fit pretty good, but once I put it on my belt and tried to draw, it was a no go.

A Holster you cannot draw from is not a good thing at all.  The Fobus holster you speak of, the SP11B model for the Taurus PT145 is not on my list of compatible Fobus Holsters.  Since you have the Rail on your Frame, I recommend you try the Fobus Elite for the Beretta/Stoegar PX4, pictured above.  I have issues with Fobus Holsters and Finish wear, sometimes.

As for Leather, I happen to like the Safariland Custom Fit Series and Don Hume line.  You should call them and see if they have one for the Railed versions of the .45 Witness.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:35:56 AM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline bluestringer

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 08:57:16 AM »
Thanks, I'll look into the PX4. I think my local gun store may have one. I'm also going to check out some leather ones.

bluestringer

Offline JJH

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
I have a new Witness stock with tac rail and am looking for holsters.  I have seen that Henning Shooters supply has blade tech's for the Witness but I'm not sure if they work with the Tac Rail.  What I really would like is a Serpa, but after watching the vidoe I am not convinced the 5.7 would work with the Tac rail.  Any help as to what else would work?

anything