Author Topic: would people like 10 round 527 magazines?  (Read 12616 times)

Offline driller212

Re: would people like 10 round 527 magazines?
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »
We need 10rd mags in Canada. Someone could make some bucks on this. I would buy a few for sure.

Offline memeslutte069

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2019, 03:57:14 PM »
Went looking for this, found this thread. Pretty clear I wont get my hands on one I suppose - which is fine. Just throwing my hat in the ring for what its worth.

Would love to buy a 10 rounder. Not interested in paying premium for a factory 5 rounder. In my opinion the magazine is the least compelling or logical feature of the 527 (at least mine, a 7.62 carbine). Single stack 7.62 is a mild (mild) annoyance to load yet 5 rounds is not a compelling reason to own more mags. On top of that if we're talking about ~5 rounds, I'd rather have a built in standard double stack internal magazine which would certainly fit 5 and reduce needless complication. I prefer pushing down rounds into an internal double stack mag than loading a removable single stack. Also, while its very clear it was designed with a relief in the extractor to single feed, its still uncomfortable to single feed due to the mauser controlled feed. I like single loading at the range but I tend not to with this because of the nature of controlled feed combined with feed lips of a detachable mag. If I single load and I snap that little thing I'll have no one to blame but myself.

I realize I'm splitting hairs here and I hope its clear that I am, but if the president of CZ came to my door and asked me my opinion that would be it. On the other hand if 10 rounders were available then having a detachable magazine is suddenly much more worthwhile conceptually.

Offline driller212

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »
how has this not happened yet?

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2019, 07:00:48 AM »
In a word, yes. Or maybe "sure, why not" would sum it up better for me.

I like the five round mags, though many do not. Have I ever wished for a hinged floorplate instead? Yes, but the magazines don't bother me, and actually have some advantages. So, why not a ten-rounder too?

Offline Bender01

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
I would love half a dozen! Yes!

Offline Austro

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2019, 10:33:21 AM »
Hello,

I received my new 527 Carbine Synthetic today and I noticed something different. There is a gap now between the trigger guard and the magazine: https://i.imgur.com/p92WTRy.jpg

The "old" model (still advertised on the European CZ website) doesn't have that gap: https://www.czub.cz/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/z/cz_527_m_carbine_12898.png

Maybe that could be a hint towards a 10 round magazine (allowing to create a double stack magazine after protruding out the magazine well).

anything