Author Topic: cz 82 magazines.  (Read 25705 times)

Offline Coach Ed

Re: cz 82 magazines.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 02:31:28 PM »
I just ordered one to tryout. Thanks
CZ 97
CZ 75
CZ 83
CZ 52

Offline herd118

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 04:26:40 PM »
I just ordered one to tryout. Thanks

Mine both have the Czech army crossed swords mark on the side, and look unissued. Both have the unmarked sheet metal base. And better yet, they work perfectly.

Offline Coach Ed

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2018, 08:11:54 AM »
I am going to order two more. The first one I received worked perfect. It did not have the logo however.
CZ 97
CZ 75
CZ 83
CZ 52

Offline eastman

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »
I bought one of the mags from Classic Firearms. It is definitely not a real CZ-UB mag (new or surplus).

Whoever is making / importing the bogus "cz mfg" magazines needs a serious kick in the nads.  O0
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »
...Solution: take the follower and while using a dremel carefully enlarge the hole for the spring in an egg shape allowing the spring to ride next to the follower and away from the magazine wall. Using a bastard file, file the protruding metal inside the magazine at the square hole so the follower can travel smoothly.

After doing this to 3 magazines they are working fine. Although I had to file one a couple more times. Hope it works for you if you are having these issues.

I enlarged the follower hole on the two mags I bought and noted that the spring seems snug up against the follower now. I couldn't feel any protrusion in the area of the catch hole, so I left that alone. Follower operation seems smooth, and I had no problem loading 12 rounds.

I plan on doing another range trip tomorrow or the next day to try them out. These have GOT to be cheap Asian knock-offs - Khyber Pass level stuff. But if they can be made to work reliably I won't complain.

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 04:04:23 PM »
Just got back from the range. After 125+ rounds, the stovepipe problem is not as bad as before - ~2-3 FTFs for each magazine load. I noted that they usually occurred as the last round was up for feed, and about halfway through the magazine. So there you have it. These "CZ mfg" mags are definitely Khyber Pass quality, but CAN be used (prior to the mod every other round was an FTF).

So there is some hope if you can tolerate some annoyance. Hope this helps. Me, I'm on the lookout for real surplus CZ magazines...

Offline CCW-Ohio

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 09:07:09 AM »
Recently ordered and received 2 of the magazines that are offered by ApexGunParts.com. Comparing these 2 magazines to the 3 that I received when I bought my CZ82 from a local person. The difference is night and day!! The price is great, especially when compared to other sources (if you can find them), and only $6 more than the unreliable ones that others are describing.

They both have the dimple on the lower part of the mag, and crossed swords. One of the others that came with the pistol had crossed swords but no dimple. The other two were straight walled and not marked with swords. The new ones release and drop free consistently with the mag release on the right side. Mag release button on left side does not seem to work effectively with any of my mags.

Hoping to take my stuff to a range and put some rounds through the pistol. More to follow.....

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 05:27:41 PM »
I did some looking around for 10 round mags that can be shipped to Infringed states such as the one I live in. J&G Sales currently has them in stock, so I ordered one. I didn't see a seam; fingers crossed. Function report to follow. 

Offline Bgdawgrr

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
Thank you!  Did the same. Hope the mags are legit.

Offline rl96ss

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »
Thank you!  Did the same. Hope the mags are legit.
I called, and they said "Crossed sword mags", so should be good to go. Still in stock.

Offline CCW-Ohio

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 08:30:24 PM »
Got one of the deals from AimSurplus, and received it today. I have not taken my CZ82 to the range yet, but just finished a review of the deal from Aim. This deal was great!!!  The mag drops free like a CZ should!!! The 2 that I have from Apex work great too, but the "slickness" of the one from Aim is significantly better. I've gotta figure out how to make sure that all 6 now function as reliably as the one from Aim!!

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 04:13:14 PM »
I just got the 10 rd mag from J&G, and it looks legit. The packaging says CZ-USA (MAG CZ 83 .380 10 RD; Product 11301), and the mag drops free as it should. No visible seams on the sides like the knockoffs.

If the snow ever melts here I'll take it to the range and report back.

Offline Bgdawgrr

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
AIM Surplus deal is legit!  Got my holsters and mags today. All real issue.
Mags alone worth the price but the leather is nice as well.
I have extra holsters and mag pouches available if interested!

Offline eastman

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 10:57:06 PM »
AIM Surplus deal is legit!  Got my holsters and mags today. All real issue.
Mags alone worth the price but the leather is nice as well.
I have extra holsters and mag pouches available if interested!

I also bought 2 sets. Mags look good - no hole punched like some of the other surplus mags. The holsters and mag pouches look close to new.
I don't look like my avatar!

anything