Author Topic: FYI: P-07 Mag Release Right Side possible tolerance issue  (Read 1087 times)

Offline regular_guy

Passing on my experiences in case you decide to reverse your magazine release-

I'm not sure if this issue affects all P-07 / P-09s, but on my sample of 1, the slide no longer locks back on an empty magazine when the magazine release button is swapped to the RH side.

I removed the slide and reinstalled the slide lock to see what was happening. When installed on the right side, the mag release button "tilts" the magazine laterally to the right just enough that the slide lock no longer rests on top of the follower as normal, but pushes against the left side of the magazine, holding the slide lock down.

Again, this could simply be a tolerance issue with my gun- please function check your pistols after doing any modifications. 

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: FYI: P-07 Mag Release Right Side possible tolerance issue
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 06:53:25 AM »
Passing on my experiences in case you decide to reverse your magazine release-

I'm not sure if this issue affects all P-07 / P-09s, but on my sample of 1, the slide no longer locks back on an empty magazine when the magazine release button is swapped to the RH side.

I removed the slide and reinstalled the slide lock to see what was happening. When installed on the right side, the mag release button "tilts" the magazine laterally to the right just enough that the slide lock no longer rests on top of the follower as normal, but pushes against the left side of the magazine, holding the slide lock down.

Again, this could simply be a tolerance issue with my gun- please function check your pistols after doing any modifications. 

Does it do this with all your mags or just one? If all mags it's possible the pad on the slide stop could be a bit short.

Offline regular_guy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:00:57 AM »
All mags. My P-07 was manufactured in 2014. Not sure if there have been any changes since then. 

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 05:34:06 PM »
Mine was made in 15 but that's probably irrelevant. I'm rt handed so I've not swapped my mag release. If you are the original owner of the gun I'd give CZ-USA a call and run it by them.

Offline Linejudgemick

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 10:06:37 AM »
I switched the magazine release on my P-07 made in 2016 and don't have any issues with it locking back any of my magazines. I also recommend giving CZ-USA a call.
CZ 75 P-01 Omega & P-07

Offline regular_guy

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 10:02:57 AM »
It's not a huge concern for me; I was only trying it out to see if I could get faster reloads. The timer indicated no difference, so I will keep all the guns in the normal configuration.