Author Topic: Hate to ask about another site but.......  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Hat_man

Hate to ask about another site but.......
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:11:12 PM »
Is anyone here also a member at RFC?  I almost feel silly asking.  Feels like I'm starting a Ford/Chevy debate or something. 

I just thought it would be one more place to learn from.  I tried to sign up and they were supposed to send an account set up email/link to follow but it never came.  So I went there (RFC) this morning and it will let me sign in, but says I need to follow that link to complete the account set up. I checked again....no email.  So I clicked on the "resend the email" button and 12 hours later still no email.  Not in my junk mail folder either.  I can't even post to ask a mod what's up.

If any of you all are members over there, did you have any problems getting set up?

Thanks
If nice guys finish last, are you willing to pay the price to finish first?

Offline painter

Re: Hate to ask about another site but.......
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:17:51 PM »
I'm a member there, but signed up long before Vertical Scope bought the site.

They're having all kinds of issues. Good luck.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline wagon

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:19:46 PM »
One data point for you:  I have no issue when I register on RFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Madcap

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 11:28:47 PM »
I attempted to register for the same reason as you being new to rimfire shooting and experienced precisely the same problem.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:17:26 AM by Madcap »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 06:35:49 AM »
I'm not a member there.

However, could it be your e-mail settings?  Is it possible your e-mail setting are "seeing" their reply e-mail as spam and just not letting that e-mail into your mail box?

It occurred to me a couple weeks back that I had not been getting e-mail notifications of sales from DVOR and another sales/discount company).  I checked and somehow a combination of my e-mail settings and my account settings at DVOR were not letting me get the e-mails from them.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 06:40:20 AM »
I am a member of RFC and have not had any issues whatsoever with any of the members or any technical difficulties using the site. As with ALL information gleaned from internet sites, CAVEAT EMPTOR, buyer beware, do your research and make judgements for yourself based on info received from what you perceive to be solid sources.

I would highly recommend scouring the site for information even if your registration is delayed since many (if not all) questions you may have regarding CZ rimfire rifles have most likely been addressed and perhaps have their own stickie.

Checking your email settings is sound advice. Good luck getting registered and don't forget that in the meantime you can get a lot of information as a guest.
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Hat_man

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
Thanks everyone.

I checked my email settings and it all looks fine. My activation link for this site and other non gun sites I have signed up for in the past have always come through. 

For Madcap.....did you ever get your activation email and get registered?

For Jiva......I get the "caveat emptor" thing.  I've heard opinions on the advice given over there.  My philosophy on most things is Plan the Work, Work the Plan.  I like researching but ironically, I'm more of a physical learner with an somewhat eidetic memory. 

I do learn a lot by lurking as a guest.  But when I have a question it's nice to be able to post and get more clarification to come up with a plan. I'm like that annoying little kid that constantly asks "why?". 

Think about something like tying your shoes. We do it everyday.  Now try to write out instructions to tie those same shoes.  Not so easy.  Now give those same instructions to a kid trying to learn to tie his shoes.  You can see where that's going to lead.  But show that same kid, with your shoes side by side with him and he gets it quickly.  That's me.  I read and remember and understand a lot. But I may not get it until I can do it physically.

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »

For Jiva......I get the "caveat emptor" thing.  I've heard opinions on the advice given over there.  My philosophy on most things is Plan the Work, Work the Plan.  I like researching but ironically, I'm more of a physical learner with an somewhat eidetic memory. 

Just to be absolutely clear, I have found more useful information and more helpful, generous individuals on RFC than on any other forum I have ever visited :D
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Hat_man

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 01:46:02 PM »
Didn't mean for it to sound like a slight.  RFC is just like any other forum.  People who know a lot. People who think they know a lot. And people that don't know bubkes.  It was more a reply to the caveat emptor thing. Buyer beware. 

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 02:35:57 PM »
I have been member of RFC for very long time. Very helpful forum. Ruger 10/22 and CZ sections are both great. I don't generally read the rest of them.

Offline Hat_man

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 03:23:02 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I still would like to register over there.

Just checked my email again. Nothing yet. Can any of you that are members there ask a mod to check on things?  Sometimes the underscore disappears if they are seeing my email on a form or on something that is already underlined.

My email is the same one in my profile here.

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
Belonged and yes there are many knowledgeable members there but... I left due to the overly controlling nature of the moderators and the site in general. Another major annoyance were the many ?Comedians? too many posts trying to be funny, most were failed attempts to do so IMO.

So once I left I went back only once to check PMs of which I had one from a member I much respected but disagreed with in areas of gun laws.

So would I recommend the forum, absolutely not but you should find out for yourself. Different strokes for different folks...YMMV.

Offline Madcap

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 12:22:51 AM »
 I visited RFC earlier this morning and I'm registered now. I didn't do anything other than pull up the site to look for some info and found a "welcome" - never did rcv an email activation.

Offline Hat_man

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 10:09:40 AM »
So I checked my email again this morning.  Nothing from RFC.

After reading through numerous posts about potential new members not receiving activation emails I am giving up on them.  It seems this has been a frequent problem for at least the last two months.  It also seems they are having problems with long-term members upgrading their accounts or renewing already upgraded accounts going back to early July. 

It's a shame because I have heard the CZ section over there is very good and I'm sure there are some really smart and friendly folks over there.  But, not being able to to get a simple email sent after hitting the "re-send" button three different days is telling.  In contrast, when I registered here I opened a new tab and checked my email for the activation link, and it was already there. Took me less than five minutes.

I'll probably keep lurking over there as a guest and keep my eye on their support forums, but I'm not going to pursue being a member.  If I see posts in the support forums explaining the problems and how they have been fixed them maybe.  I haven't closed the door to RFC completely, but for the time being, I'll only be looking in through the windows.

For those of you that are members at RFC, please don't take this as a slam against the other members or mods over there. It's not meant to be. The site (not the forums) seems to be a little disorganized right now and issues seem like they are being addressed reactively rather than proactively.   

It's disheartening.

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 10:43:34 PM »
I'm a member there, but signed up long before Vertical Scope bought the site.

They're having all kinds of issues. Good luck.
I have been a member there for years, and have received an enormous amount of info on CZ rimfire s. Would you please elaborate on what kind of issues you are talking about.

anything