Author Topic: Manual Decocking question for manual safety CZ 75  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Radom

• HGWT
Re: Manual Decocking question for manual safety CZ 75
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2019, 11:39:06 PM »
Took a bit of a holiday from this thread after the personal attacks. 

If manually decocking a traditional firearm with an external hammer is so inherently dangerous, then how do people ever propose to handle a revolver?  The "two-handed" method doesn't work with a true SAA, or any other older weapon with the firing pin on the hammer.  I'd much rather discharge a round into the ground than have my off-hand impaled by a firing pin. 

Again, this entire discourse baffles me.  Manually decocking a pistol one-handed used to be a basic skill.  In 2019, I am treated like some sort of radical troglodyte. 
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: Manual Decocking question for manual safety CZ 75
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2019, 01:51:49 PM »
As a 70 year old that has hunted since the age of 8 I have de-cocked a LOT of hammer firing pin revolvers and shotguns one handed. However I now do use a 2 handed method just because I can. On the other hand as a cocked and locked carry person with semis I rarely de-cock them. Still do with my revolvers and circuit judge.

No reason to be bashing anyone IMO even if something sounds kind of dangerous to the younger generation. One handed pointed in safe direction (like the ground) is very acceptable.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline cntrydawwwg

Manual Decocking question for manual safety CZ 75
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
I admit I use one handed, pointed at ground. But that’s just me, another revolver guy. The thing to remember tho, is that the revolvers have a nice big spur hammer like the Pre B’s. So I can really see where someone doesn’t want to use the one handed method on the smaller ring hammer of the current models.

The biggest point I make is no matter how you do it.... practice,practice, practice and then practice some more
   JMHO
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.