Author Topic: Why did you pick either a P-07 or P-09?  (Read 4577 times)

Offline briang2ad

Re: Why did you pick either a P-07 or P-09?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2019, 07:33:41 AM »
In reality you cannot.  You buy both.  Trust me. 

Offline sparkyv

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 07:41:59 PM »
Like so many in this thread, I too have both.  I got the P-07 DUTY in 9mm when it first came out because I  prefer SA/DA handguns, and because I read an incredible torture test article,  and for CC.  It has a sweet trigger!  Alas, I never did get used to carrying it, so it was relegated to truck gun status.  I'm a huge fan of the 40S&W, so it made sense to get the full sized P-09 in 40.  It shoots well enough,  but the trigger had a really long pre-travel; the trigger is nowhere near the quality of the P-07.  They are both keepers, they have a permanent stall in the stable!
Μολὼν λαβέ
NRA Life Member

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 07:40:35 AM »
Like so many in this thread, I too have both.  I got the P-07 DUTY in 9mm when it first came out because I  prefer SA/DA handguns, and because I read an incredible torture test article,  and for CC.  It has a sweet trigger!  Alas, I never did get used to carrying it, so it was relegated to truck gun status.  I'm a huge fan of the 40S&W, so it made sense to get the full sized P-09 in 40.  It shoots well enough,  but the trigger had a really long pre-travel; the trigger is nowhere near the quality of the P-07.  They are both keepers, they have a permanent stall in the stable!
Sparkyv, if you're a big fan of 40 S&W did you see these?  what a great Buy.
http://summitgunbroker.com/4006-tsw-chp.html
Mine arrived with very little use and clean as can be on the inside.
The grip on the right side had some significant wear,, probably from a seat belt buckle, so I changed out the grip for a Hogue rubber grip and stippled it.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 01:04:04 PM »
I own both and the 07 will be up for sale sometime soon. The p09 is not going anywhere because I shoot it way too well.

The p09 in my opinion is the flattest shooting, one of the most easy to be accurate with, and maybe the all around best plastic 9mm gun I've ever shot from a performance standpoint. The p07 is great too but the 09 really shoots and runs like a completely different gun. Mine came with the pro package already installed and my 07 is internally stock so I should point that out.

But the 09 runs faster, flatter and smoother than all of the other long slide full size plastics I've shot regardless, the pro package don't do that

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »
I own both and the 07 will be up for sale sometime soon. The p09 is not going anywhere because I shoot it way too well.

The p09 in my opinion is the flattest shooting, one of the most easy to be accurate with, and maybe the all around best plastic 9mm gun I've ever shot from a performance standpoint. The p07 is great too but the 09 really shoots and runs like a completely different gun. Mine came with the pro package already installed and my 07 is internally stock so I should point that out.

But the 09 runs faster, flatter and smoother than all of the other long slide full size plastics I've shot regardless, the pro package don't do that

You've shot the P30L?  Thanks.

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 12:16:39 PM »
I've never shot a p30l but I've handled one a few times and it's got a trigger that... You would have to get accustomed to or have work done on it. I've shot a vp9 and liked it but I have a ppq so felt no need to buy an hk plastic gun, I think the p09 is a better option. Obviously I said it's the best shooting plastic gun you can buy. I had a phantom for a short time and the p09 to me shoots flatter, recoils smoother, although with some cgw parts I'll say I vastly preferred the da on the phantom, sa better on p09. The ts czechmate sa embarrasses them all tho

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 12:23:06 PM »
I asked because the comparable choice is the P30L.  I would think the P09 is better, but would love to shoot the P30L.  I have shot a P30 and it was about as good as my P07 - nothing to replace it with, but would like to try the L.

I don't get all the bad reports on the triggers on the O series HKs.  People rave how bad they are.  Every new one I pick up is fairly smooth and don't stack at all.  I think the DA travel is a bit long though.  The SA always seems reasonable to me.  Maybe a tad heavy.  They don't stack in DA as bad as CZ P guns.

I just know how easy the P09 is to shoot...

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »
I love both my P-07 and P-09.  I'd have to go with the P-07 though because it conceals better and transitions quicker from target to target.

Offline nevada

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
I knew almost nothing about the P07 DUTY, same for the P09. I have a CZ75 and a CZ97B. The 75 is getting heavy as I age and the 97 is too big to conceal well. After reading some reports on the new P07 I took a chance on a good looking gun by a company I trust. Changed the back strap to more closely match the 75 and first shot it at my CCW class. Passed the shooting part easily (and the rest of the class). It carries easily and shoots well. Not laser accurate like the 75, but that is probably age also. I consider the P09 now and then but don't feel the need for a larger P07.

I didn't know what a CZ was when I bought the75, but it fit my hand perfectly and I lucked out on the performance. Pretty much the same for the P07 bought over the internet. I do like CZs.

Offline Trevor300wsm

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 02:31:50 AM »
I was new to CZ?s when I bought my first 2. I ordered the P10C and the P07 at the same time. When I received them, I truly loved them both, but I knew that the 07 would be my new carry gun. Mainly because it felt so nice in hand, and I wanted to move to a DA/SA carry gun instead of a striker. Not long after that I ordered the P10F OR model. This gun is everything I?ve always wanted in a full size pistol. It?s stupid accurate. It transitions from target to target like the speed of sound. I?ve already got over 1000 rounds thru it and zero malfunctions. Last night I ordered the P09 after seeing s really good deal online. I hope it lives up to all the good praise it gets from the online community. It?ll have to be a laser beam to be more accurate than the P10F l have. I also recently picked up a very nice Shadow 2. So basically I went from having zero CZ pistols to having 5 CZ pistols in less than 2 months. People say that they are addictive, well they ain?t lying.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2019, 08:02:17 AM »
I was new to CZ?s when I bought my first 2. I ordered the P10C and the P07 at the same time. When I received them, I truly loved them both, but I knew that the 07 would be my new carry gun. Mainly because it felt so nice in hand, and I wanted to move to a DA/SA carry gun instead of a striker. Not long after that I ordered the P10F OR model. This gun is everything I?ve always wanted in a full size pistol. It?s stupid accurate. It transitions from target to target like the speed of sound. I?ve already got over 1000 rounds thru it and zero malfunctions. Last night I ordered the P09 after seeing s really good deal online. I hope it lives up to all the good praise it gets from the online community. It?ll have to be a laser beam to be more accurate than the P10F l have. I also recently picked up a very nice Shadow 2. So basically I went from having zero CZ pistols to having 5 CZ pistols in less than 2 months. People say that they are addictive, well they ain?t lying.

You went all in on CZ quickly for sure! I think you will like the P09. I love it for sure. So much so that I just ordered a second one thanks to an awesome online deal as well. There is just something about the P09 for me. I really enjoy shooting it.

Offline LonChaney

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 07:35:40 PM »
I?ve always preferred a G19 sized gun. I shoot them better. I?ve been issued a 228/229 and a 226. Like the 228/229 sized gun better. Same with G19s and G17 or G34. So when I went looking I bought the 07. LOVE it. I ended up with a CGW?d 09 and traded it away. Didn?t shoot it as well as my 07.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 09:17:14 PM »
I?ve always preferred a G19 sized gun. I shoot them better. I?ve been issued a 228/229 and a 226. Like the 228/229 sized gun better. Same with G19s and G17 or G34. So when I went looking I bought the 07. LOVE it. I ended up with a CGW?d 09 and traded it away. Didn?t shoot it as well as my 07.

Have you shot a P-01 yet?
That?s the same size as the P-07, but in 75 form.

Offline OldGringo

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 12:21:17 AM »
My first CZs were the 75B and the SP-01 Tactical (which I love). I had always wanted a compact duty pistol and had rented a P-07 and liked it. When the P10C came out with all the attention and high demand, I thought (being a bit contrarian) that I could probably get a great deal on a P-07 and I did.

The arrival of the P10C not only lowered the price of P-07s but also the magazines, since P10C mags (which are essentially the same) were significantly cheaper and more available than the dedicated P-07 mags had been selling for $40+.

I've been thinking about a P-09  (there are some great deals out there), but the cost of the mags has been a bit of a turn off up to now. Hopefully with the P10F out the mags might get slightly cheaper ass well.

I would love to have a P-09 optics ready with the CGW pro carry package.  With a red dot, threaded barrel w/comp, and MecGar +2 base plates I think that would be a competition powerhouse (better than a G34 or a Q5 Match) that would match up quite nicely even to a Shadow 2 or a 2011. For a pistol that starts off essentially at an entry level price, there seems to be a lot of value there.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:09:17 AM by OldGringo »

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 12:28:19 AM »
My first CZs were the 75B and the SP-01 Tactical (which I love). I had always wanted a compact duty pistol and had rented a P-07 and liked it. When the P10C came out with all the attention and high demand, I thought (being a bit contrarian) that I could probably get a great deal on a P-07 and I did.

The arrival of the P10C not only lowered the price of P-07s but also the magazines, since P10C mags (which are essentially the same) were significantly cheaper and more available than the dedicated P-07 mags had been selling for($40+).

I've been thinking about a P-09  (there are some great deals out there), but the cost of the mags has been a bit of a turn off up to now. Hopefully with the P10F out the mags might get slightly cheaper ass well.

I would love to have a P-09 optics ready with the CGW pro carry package.  With a red dot, threaded barrel w/comp, and MecGar +2 base plates I think that would be a competition powerhouse (better than a G34 or a Q5 Match) that would match up quite nicely even to a Shadow 2 or a 2011. For a pistol that starts off essentially as an entry level price, there seems to be a lot of value there.
The mags aren't too bad on the p09/p10f about 30-35 if you look around. I happen to have a p09 with a red dot, gen 5 34 mos and a q5 match and I gotta say, you're not wrong