Author Topic: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet  (Read 1056 times)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »
It's tough to get a feel for the Pics, so I hope you don't mind that I resized them to fit the frame:

So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 04:36:20 AM »
It's tough to get a feel for the Pics, so I hope you don't mind that I resized them to fit the frame:

Thanks a lot Den! Way better.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:55:49 AM by joerchi69 »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 04:37:39 AM »
Yesterday i tested a brandnew FP and FPstop in the kadet. To compare it to my old worked over one. I let the shortened FPspring in. The results were the same as with my worked over FP, with the leathe shortened shoulders, who turned out to be in the same size as the newly orderd FP. The new FPstop is clearly better manufactured on the hammer side, then the original.
A box of CCI standard went throug with no problems. The box Geco semi auto had 2 non feedings, 4 light strikes and one stove pipe. Glad for having one ammo working fine, now i would like the system to function with other sorts of ammo too. Not with all, but a few more. Also to ensure it is working all the time with the CCI standard. And to have options to try out new ammo too. With the 9mm upper the shadow1 was reliable as ever.

Left FP modified on hammer end for 180 degree turn around, to test other impact point
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:10:57 PM by joerchi69, Reason: Left FP modified.. »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 06:01:16 AM »

Found the auto resize function on imgur then because of your hint. Will use 1280x1024 (for 19 inch monitor) for perceptibility.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 11:53:50 AM »
This shooting day i repeatet the test with the new FP and FPstop in the kadet. To compare it to my old worked over one. I let the shortened FPspring in.
Of two units of 50 the first Blazer package worked fine, the second had four light strikes. With the following 2 boxes CCI SV (each 50) the first one went fine. With the second carton CCI SV surprisingly i got with one box 3 FTfire and one time slide not opening on the last shot. Some days ageo the CCI SV worked without hickups. All FTfire hit the target with the following hammer fall.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 03:04:47 PM »
Changed back to my old and worked over firing pin (polished and shoulders reduced a bit) and stop.100 shots of CCI sv went of with no probs this afternoon (3 ftf last time). One failiure to feed and two light strikes with fifty CCI Blazer. The placement of the strike is fine i hope. The impact on the rimfire cases looks not too smashing. I will work on this.

anything