Author Topic: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet  (Read 64992 times)

Offline joerchi69

Re: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2020, 11:02:44 AM »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2020, 11:22:31 AM »
The new TS hammer also has a edge wich is rattling a little

rattling slightly where hammer, slide and firing pin stop are meeting

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »
NO light strikes with the TacticalSports hammer on 300 CCI SV today. Thanks for the recommendation by Andres B.  8)

Wolff hammer spring 17 lb, standard length kadet recoil spring, shortened original firing pin spring with 0.95 inch/24mm , FP4 with modified tip (page 9) see dents . Two hand grip.
 The trigger pull feeling changed a little because the notch in the hammer is not modified like in the original hammer notch who was worked over by the gunsmith. The creep is now a little bit longer but very steady and predictable. Allows me training what i picked up reading articles from Brian Zins. Gives time to watch the front sight while pulling. To correct the trigger pull to hold or to move the front post in the desired position. By the active finger. So i can use the creeping way for training my abductor indicis muscle coordination.
The shot breaks slightly over 1 Kg = 2,2 lb. Wich is the minimum allowed by my clubs rules. A lighter trigger spring is built in.
With the fifth box i tried to simulate a 9mm strong grip and instantly gained two times the slide not staying open on the last round. Until i noticed pressing the slide release lever too strong with the left thumb.
 ::)

TS Hammer cases top 3 rows    vs    SP-01 shadow hammer dents (same FP, HS)

Ordinary residue with 300 shots CCI SV

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:22:29 AM by joerchi69, Reason: Wolff hammer spring 17 lb »

Offline Andres B

« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »
Cool. You can clean this little bump up a bit and polish. Mine works fine, but guns are different and mine is much more modified.
Now, just for loughs and giggles, try SB SV ammo and 13ish lbs main spring.

Offline Andres B

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2020, 03:32:15 PM »
 And if you have SA trigger like this https://www.cz-spare.parts/trigger-sa-tactical-sport-black  then it has 2 adjustment screws, 1 outside adjusts overtravel, other one, accessible from inside of frame, adjusts pretravel. Total trigger travel measured from the tip of the trigger, could be around 3mm.
 Did the safety need fitting?

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2020, 06:33:04 PM »
Hei Andres B,

more and more good ideas i get here in the KadetKlub.

Using Sellier & Bellot ammo would be the most logic and close geografical .22 lr´s to use in the CZ.
Maybe it is also very precise like often in the CZ guns ammo tests the standard S&B ammo performs quite well.
What is your experience with S&B ? What types you use ?
I will try weaker mainsprings. First test are to find out how reliable that hammer is with the standard hammer spring - in relation to the dirt. How many hundred rounds of CCI SV until light strikes appear.

I was thinking about polishing the cocking notch but didn`t for the first try. The half cock notch i reduced before building in, by rule of thumb and it worked out well, to not interfere with the adjustment of the over travel screw.
I have exactely the trigger built in you linked. But i didn`t had a clue that there is the possibility for setting the pretravel ! But the thread is there and ready to take a (hex) socket head screw. That is nice because one handed my grip is diffrent to two handed and my trigger finger could need a more backward trigger to get a better position.

Offline Andres B

« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2020, 03:13:30 AM »
It is just the cheapest Sellier .22 ammo. Standard written on the box, goes for around 8 eurocents per 100 here in Estonia. LRN, 330m/s. And yeh, it's dirty, but the dirt is different. Bullets are covered with some kind of grease, probly moly, not wax. Otherwise, feeds well, works well etc. Dunno about accuracy.

Offline Andres B

« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »
 And do this https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85892.0
 Thanks, Tok, what a simple, yet effective mod. I used a broken 2mm drill bit. Zero cost. Sweet.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2020, 05:16:02 PM »
Excellent idea - description and pics in the link.  8)
Will give it a try to feel if it gets better indeed.

Did first measurements, all approx.

dia original pin 2,19 mm (0.086 inch) but it is a kind of a loose fit, will give it a little bit more radius for a snug fit maybe 2,22 mm (0.087 inch)
length orig. pin 6,75 mm (0.265 inch)

new length to customize 13 mm (0.511)

dia drill end 2,47 mm

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2020, 05:08:30 PM »
Hello Andres B,
added a makeshift 3 mm metric threaded bar to the trigger to reduce pretravel. Much better now to get a good trigger finger position one handed.  8)
With a allen set screw it maybe would be possible to adjust it from the inside of the frame with a ball hex.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2020, 05:26:35 PM »
Hello Andres B,
followed the lovely and detailed Loose Sear Cage Fix link you`ve revealed.  8)
In the lunch hour i visited a workplace close mechanical camera workshop and assorted two boxes with used parts. Found a pin who was partially half split in length. Reduced the filing time and fitted fast.

rock solid sitting sear cage with custom hammer pin retaining peg

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85892.msg641223#msg641223

Way better pics in the link !
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 05:52:13 PM by joerchi69 »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2020, 05:44:30 PM »
The trigger is still traveling before the click. The sear cage was originaly also sitting tight, to praise CZ. I just like to work on these mechanics myself.
I use the creeping trigger trying to focus on the sights shooting precision targets. So i have time to watch the front post and adjust my hold and pull to keep it more steady.
Later, when in better control of the sights, i maybe will work to get a cleaner "glass like" "solid wall" break.
In the meantime i can gather information how to file the notch. About the angles. Suppose it has to do a lot with experiance.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »
Even stove pipes are very rare with the stove pipe mod i am interested in what way the spent shells take out of the ejection port. And if there is a modifikation necessary of the angles i filed. To may be get the brass thrown out directly without hitting the metall surface before reaching the outer ballistic area.

Modified ejector and tootpick pointing to assumed engaging area.

A thin layer of the dental occlusionspray on the ejection area showed me the contact points of the empty .22lr cases in that area and on the ejector.

First ejection of CCI SV

More brass hits of CCI SV (and stains)

Faster ammo (and stains)

On the ejector

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:50:33 AM by Wobbly, Reason: Mods set photo width to 500 »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2020, 03:34:26 PM »
No light strikes today. Just one failiure to feed on the very first rounds. 200 CCI SV plus 50 RWS Target Rifle.
Tested some firing pin springs and sampled the cases to compare dents. Tactical sports hammer, FP4, Wolff hammer spring 17 lb, sear cage mod.

Top down
no cases  original length standard FP spring
CCI SV cases ignited with shortened original FPspring
CCI SV cases ignited with this ball pen spring, unusual and rare the firing pin stop loosens and blocks the FP (one in thousend +)
CCI SC cases ignited with to fine spring, FP and FP stop flew out (one in 20)
RWS Target Rifle ignited with shortened original FPspring
CCI SV cases ignited with shortened original FPspring again
Ruler in mm

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:23:51 AM by joerchi69, Reason: Wolff hammer spring 17 lb »

Offline Andres B

« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2020, 10:06:23 AM »
 And, yeah, try Sellier.
 Went shooting Kadet with some Lapua SV ammo I got for cheap. It was in the tin can and they don't produce it any more. Hollow points with kinda squared tip. Very old can it was. Ammo looked good, tho. And burned exceptionally clean. No residue whatsoever.
 While this same ammo worked quite well with old recoil spring came with Kadet (1994), occasional FTF, it started developing fails with brand new original CZ recoil spring. All of them fails. Except for FTF. If it feeded, it fired. Shortstroking after shortstroking. Very annoying, goddamit. Sellier, being quite dirty, on the other hand, worked 100 with both springs. Go figure. At first I thought, my 12 yr old daughter was limpwristing, very fresh shooter she is, but I wasn't, right:) How can grown up man limpwrist freakin .22. Even midget, holding his .22 with two fingers, can't accomplish this.
 I don't mind cleaning my toys. To get dirty, first they have to work.
 Conclusions - probly mentioned ammo is underpowered or uses very slow burning powder meant for bolt action rifles. Or is just plain old. Lapua is quality brand after all. And recoil spring weight plays much more role than expected in .22LR pistol. And LRN seems to feed better than HP. Ancient original recoil spring is shorter than new (but used couple of hundreds for now) by 10-12mm.