Author Topic: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.  (Read 43058 times)

Offline Underwhere

Re: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2019, 08:38:35 PM »
I received my third MCARBO CZ75b kit, but I decided not to install it in my Tristar C-100 since it already has a good trigger for a CCW.  I didn't want to waste the kit, so I have another new CZ75b polished stainless on the way... :) :).
You won't spend $10 more for springs but you'll buy another gun for ~$700

Eh. I've probably done the same thing.

Offline jokester945

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2019, 07:17:34 PM »
So I installed the springs, trigger return, firing pin block, firing pin, and hammer spring. I omitted the sear spring in case of the previously discussed hammer bounce. It definitely lowered my DA to around 8 vs. before I couldn't even read it, and SA down from 4.5 to 3.5 lbs.

However, the trigger return spring is so light sometimes the trigger doesn't reset immediately, like its rubbing on something or more obviously the spring isn't strong enough. I went back to the stock spring and problem solved. But was wondering if anyone else experienced this? part of me wonders if I need to replace the sear spring too (because of the reset) but I would prefer not to. Any insight, recommendations, or thoughts?

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2019, 07:43:59 PM »
So I installed the springs, trigger return, firing pin block, firing pin, and hammer spring. I omitted the sear spring in case of the previously discussed hammer bounce. It definitely lowered my DA to around 8 vs. before I couldn't even read it, and SA down from 4.5 to 3.5 lbs.

However, the trigger return spring is so light sometimes the trigger doesn't reset immediately, like its rubbing on something or more obviously the spring isn't strong enough. I went back to the stock spring and problem solved. But was wondering if anyone else experienced this? part of me wonders if I need to replace the sear spring too (because of the reset) but I would prefer not to. Any insight, recommendations, or thoughts?
You shouldn't need to replace the sear spring to get the gun to reset.

Check the trigger support spring to make sure it's riding in the trigger bar correctly.

Take a grip panel off to verify it.

Also make sure it's adjusted properly (high enough pressure)

Offline jokester945

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2019, 08:34:22 PM »
I'm going to give it another try but everything looks okay. However, wouldn't be the first time I missed something small. The spring almost has enough tension so maybe it isn't sitting correctly.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2019, 09:01:35 PM »
Pic of it in the gun?

Offline jokester945

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2019, 09:37:15 PM »
Pic of it in the gun?

Will do, but I'm back to stock right now for the weekend I think. But most likely will tinker late at night.

Offline jokester945

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2019, 03:16:41 PM »
Okay, redid the spring, and back to stock again after. Trigger is still sticking. Here are some pics:

Top down spring seated

Bottom up from mag well

Hammer cocked ready SA

Trigger pulled,no reset (should have removed my finger )

Trigger reset after flicking it forward

Trigger bar after pulling the trigger

Trigger bar after flicking trigger forward.

I’m wondering if the bar is hanging on the sear cage preventing the trigger and bar to reset? Again, it doesn’t happen with the stock spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rmach

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2019, 03:48:54 PM »
Well something must be hanging somewhere. Both of my 75's (with safeties) have the whole kit installed, and the trigger return and reset is more than enough.  I know this doesn't help your problem, so maybe a couple of CZ experts can nail it down for you.

Offline jokester945

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2019, 04:01:18 PM »
Well something must be hanging somewhere. Both of my 75's (with safeties) have the whole kit installed, and the trigger return and reset is more than enough.  I know this doesn't help your problem, so maybe a couple of CZ experts can nail it down for you.

I assume you did the sear spring? I omitted that one as a precaution. I doubt that’s it but it is possible (if the spring isn’t giving enough movement to reset the sear). I also have an email in to MCarbo but gonna see if I can figure it out with the help of this board.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2019, 04:18:15 PM »

I assume you did the sear spring? I omitted that one as a precaution. I doubt that’s it but it is possible (if the spring isn’t giving enough movement to reset the sear). I also have an email in to MCarbo but gonna see if I can figure it out with the help of this board.

Yes, I installed the sear spring in both.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2019, 04:26:55 PM »
I just looked at the MCARBO site, and I don't see a CZ 75BD listed for this kit.  I have no idea if that's the reason or not.

CZ 75 Trigger Spring Kit is compatible with other CZ Models listed in chart.
  75B       75 Compact       75D PCR      97BD Decocker
  40B       SP-01 Phantom    SP-01 Manual Safety     Canik
  40P       75B/SA     97B Manual Safety      
   P01      85B      SP-01 Tactical/Decocker    

Offline viking499

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2019, 06:59:58 PM »
Shouldn't matter.

Offline jokester945

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2019, 07:14:11 PM »
Yeah, most with the BD just skip the sear spring, but I might give it a try. If I pull the trigger quickly it resets, if I squeeze the trigger it doesn’t.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2019, 11:50:42 PM »
Okay, redid the spring, and back to stock again after. Trigger is still sticking. Here are some pics:

Top down spring seated

Bottom up from mag well

Hammer cocked ready SA

Trigger pulled,no reset (should have removed my finger )

Trigger reset after flicking it forward

Trigger bar after pulling the trigger

Trigger bar after flicking trigger forward.

I’m wondering if the bar is hanging on the sear cage preventing the trigger and bar to reset? Again, it doesn’t happen with the stock spring.

Your bottom up from magwell looks like it is problematic.

The trigger bar support spring has rounded loops that should ride in the channels of the trigger bar.

At no point should it contact the frame.

It looks like yours is contacting the frame and potentially causing it to bind.

But it's hard to tell from the pics.

The second thing to do is adjust this spring to make sure there is enough tension on it.

I believe Schmecky from CGW detailed how to do this.

Offline jokester945

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2019, 01:30:05 AM »

[/quote]Your bottom up from magwell looks like it is problematic.

The trigger bar support spring has rounded loops that should ride in the channels of the trigger bar.

At no point should it contact the frame.

It looks like yours is contacting the frame and potentially causing it to bind.

But it's hard to tell from the pics.

The second thing to do is adjust this spring to make sure there is enough tension on it.

I believe Schmecky from CGW detailed how to do this.
[/quote]

I went in all the way, removed the sear cage so polishing all contact points. The inside walls of the frame were really rough, so took some 1000 grit to them and feels much better, both where the trigger bar is and the trigger itself. Also polished the trigger bar, and sear cage contact points, and the rails too. However, I broke the lifter spring it got caught in the frame hole and snapped! So I'm still sidelined, ordered some lifter springs and a few other springs too. Hopefully, I'll get them by Wednesday. When I put it all back together I'll make sure I watch the support spring.