Author Topic: I’ve just about had it with these ammo prices!!!  (Read 22645 times)

Offline The Principal

Re: I’ve just about had it with these ammo prices!!!
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2020, 06:12:16 PM »
I just spent a small fortune for 500 10mm auto rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2020, 04:20:30 PM »
Currently I’ve sold five pistols to compensate for all the ammo I recently purchased. One of which was my second favorite pistol. I have to admit though, it kinda feels good to clean out the safe. I’m not a big fan of clutter anyway and the safe was getting pretty full. So far I brought in $3025 with a total profit of $375-$400. My view of guns seems to be shifting a little more toward owning stuff I can shoot versus safe queens. Even if I don’t shoot certain guns all the time, just knowing I can shoot them without guilt is good with me. I’m even considering selling a few more.

P.S. These ammo prices still suck.  ;D

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2020, 02:34:48 AM »
Currently I’ve sold five pistols to compensate for all the ammo I recently purchased. One of which was my second favorite pistol. I have to admit though, it kinda feels good to clean out the safe. I’m not a big fan of clutter anyway and the safe was getting pretty full. So far I brought in $3025 with a total profit of $375-$400. My view of guns seems to be shifting a little more toward owning stuff I can shoot versus safe queens. Even if I don’t shoot certain guns all the time, just knowing I can shoot them without guilt is good with me. I’m even considering selling a few more.

P.S. These ammo prices still suck.  ;D

I have a "Dont use it I lose it" Policy.  For me if I don't have a utilitarian purpose for a gun its gone. They are tools after all.

My current collection:
Charles Daily Field 12: First gun I got when I was 16 (I shoot clay pigeons with it)
Remington Youth 20G: My custom built Turkey gun
CZ 455 Varmint Evolution: Precision .22 I use for squirrels and target shooting
Ruger SR22: Quick grab and go conceal carry during the height of summer heat
Ruger single ten in .22: dispatching possums and critters of the like with cci quiet rounds. also fun range toy
Dan Wesson ECO .45:  A gift from a great friend, conceal carry option and a good range gun
CZ P10C: Got it for winter carry in heavier clothes, but also going to double for some production class shooting eventually
CZ Scorpion SBR/Supressed: My 50 yard and in home defense weapon
Wilson Combat AR build: my 200-300 yard gun (also the furthest range I have available in Florida)

My future purchases are... AK variant (to abuse with some 7.62) CZ Bren 2ms (when they work out the kinks for a supressed 7.62 platform) CZ P-09 (will be used as a shtf duty style pistol)

After that I really think I will be done with firearms for many many years.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2020, 04:32:40 AM »

Keep telling yourself that... ;D When the next “latest and greatest” comes along those gears will start turnin.  ;)

I don’t think I’ll ever stop buying and trading guns. I’ll just try to stick mostly with things I can and want to shoot or things I can make money on.

Offline George16

« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »

Keep telling yourself that... ;D When the next “latest and greatest” comes along those gears will start turnin.  ;)

I don’t think I’ll ever stop buying and trading guns. I’ll just try to stick mostly with things I can and want to shoot or things I can make money on.

Ain’t that the truth  O0.

Offline Stoneface86

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2020, 06:30:35 AM »
Because everyone is worried about a permanent ammo shortage we’re paying these crazy prices.  Hopefully things will get better.

Offline double-d

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2020, 09:40:21 AM »
High cap mags became scarce in the 90's as they were banned so what had been massively produced before the ban were not always easily found and when you did you paid dearly for them.
Yep, paid $60 for a single ParaOrdnance 14 round 45acp mag back then......then spent additional $ have it hardchromed like it's two siblings.
Was unsure when/if ever they would be available again and it was a smart move, the new PO mags do not work in the older pistols.

On ammo, luckly I started stocking up on ammo years ago and that too was a good call.  I hated paying .20¢/round for brass cased 5.56 Privi Partisan but stocked up.....
sorry

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2020, 09:56:43 AM »
On ammo, luckly I started stocking up on ammo years ago and that too was a good call.  I hated paying .20¢/round for brass cased 5.56 Privi Partisan but stocked up.....
sorry

$0.20 per round would be a godsend right now. Hell, $0.50 per round would be too really.  ;D :-\

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2020, 11:42:52 AM »
At these prices, why are folks still buying ammo to stockpile? The only reason to buy now is if you have absolutely nothing, otherwise, be happy that you have a few boxes or so.

FWIW, I informed my neighbors to save their money and that I will gladly supply them ammo in the event of an emergency. I spent a bunch of time clipping box codes for Federal's rebates a couple of years ago ;)

Ruger rimfire fan

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2020, 11:43:16 AM »
Funny, just a few months ago, guys were saying 9mm and 223 was so cheap to buy that reloading just didn't make much sense.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2020, 02:02:54 PM »
Funny, just a few months ago, guys were saying 9mm and 223 was so cheap to buy that reloading just didn't make much sense.
Some people are just hard headed.

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2020, 02:32:55 PM »
I have 10,000 9mm brass cleaned, deprimed and once fired and maybe 2,000 already primed.
3,000 5.56 brass, I would love to sale, but I don't want to mess with shipping. If someone wants to take a nice relaxing fall trip to Eastern KY and is not afraid of "Squealing like a pig" (i.e Deliverance)  O0, we can talk a fair price.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:48:30 PM by Practical Shooter »

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2020, 03:22:39 PM »
Found a great deal @ my LGS on Winchester Ranger Tactical Series 180gr .40 S&W for $39/50-round box. Couldn't resist picking up several of those. It's still a great time to be a .40 fan.  ;)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2020, 07:39:46 PM »

That was then, Ridiculously High Prices are now.

I have always been a Reloader, even when Ammunition was much less expensive.

I've stocked up on loading supplies and ammunition whenever possible because somehow I knew, back then, that these days would come.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline eastman

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
Ludicrous GunShow Ammo price of the day - 50 round boxes of FMJ .380 priced at $100 each   :o

Wednesday it will be ~$16/box at Camping World when the shipment comes in.

I don't look like my avatar!

anything